International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, more of a casual conversation.You sit in a waiting area, they walk you to a conference room and you interview with two very informative managers. The interview lasted about 1 hour but then you take knowledge test

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Paper (Orange, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Three panel structured interview. They took turns asking questions from the prescript-ed list, and wrote down my answers.The interview was laid back, and the panel made me feel at ease. After about a week after testing (and passing), I was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation, and what did you do to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

E/I Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three people, all three read off of a packet and grade your answers. A pre-employment test, and instrumentation test is taken weeks prior to the interview. All questions were behavioral based and should be answered using the STAR method. overall about five questions were asked and the interview takes about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you noticied a worker working unafely, how did you handle it? how did they handle it?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a on-campus one, followed by an invitation to interview in Memphis. They offered to fly me in and we stayed at a hotel for 2 days. The interview was on a Friday morning and consisted of talking with 4 hiring managers, who pre-selected the candidates they want to speak to. After that, they fed us lunch and we had the option of touring their data center and going to dinner downtown. The interviews were 45-min each and had no technical questions (all behavioral). Since they provide training, it seems like a job anyone can do at this point and they're just mainly looking for people that they liked to work with. The HR also made it known to everyone at the end that they will be in touch with the people selected the next business day by calling them.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Describe a time when you had difficulty solving a problem and what did you do? What kind of technical skills do you have?   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Stillwater, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview on my college campus. This interview was mostly behavioral questions, but also, the interviewers were making sure I was a good fit for International Paper. My advice is to ask many questions. Make sure you are prepared for a challenging work environment, with a company that truly cares about the people it hires and their development.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

IT CORE Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial on-campus interview with IT director. The following week I was invited to HQ in Memphis for various interview rounds (four total) with different IT hiring managers. HR called me two weeks later letting me know whether or not I had been offered a position. Great interview engaging experience, travel expenses paid, etc.

Secutiy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

First summer: went down interviewed with 6 managers, not very technical, got 6 offers from that. The first day you go out to eat with mangers and talk. The second day you wake up, leave from the hotel as a group and head to headquarters for an interviews. You do interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay updated on Technology   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations phase.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

The interview process was largely based on behavioral questions. Their main concerns are safety and experience in a manufacturing setting doesn't hurt. They ask about your possible experiences or to explain some things on your resume. There were a few reaction questions, or "name a time when x happened and you had to do yz to solve it. The biggest suggestion is to be personable and positive about being there.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel having to work with and possibly report to people who are older, but may not have a college education?   1 Answer

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an on campus interview in Memphis, TN. They flew a group of about 30 of us to interview for Supply Chain positions. Gave a full tour of HQ, had events to mingle with interviewers and other employees prior to interviews, had group exercises followed by 2:1 interviews. Trip included a tour of Memphis and social events with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working in a group and had to deal with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with owner. Discussed personal and business info about myself. I filled out an application and then had a one on one interview with the owner of the business. Very casual. They said they would get back in touch with me.