Find jobs for Maintenance Technician

International Paper Maintenance Technician Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at International Paper

Negative25%
Neutral75%
Applied online75%
Other25%
HardAverageEasy
Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at International Paper (Shreveport, LA) in Dec 2017

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, took over 2 months to get called in for testing, after you pass your test the call you in for a interview 2-3 weeks later. The interview process wasn't stressful at all. They make sure you comfortable and help you with whatever you need.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to apply safety rules?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, TX
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at International Paper (Orange, TX) in Feb 2016

Interview

Three panel structured interview. They took turns asking questions from the prescript-ed list, and wrote down my answers.The interview was laid back, and the panel made me feel at ease. After about a week after testing (and passing), I was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult work situation, and what did you do to resolve the issue?
Anonymous Employee in Orange, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Orange, TX) in Jun 2015

Interview

Human Resources group has very little knowledge of what Maintenance Technicians actually do in the field. It was encouraging to see actual Maintenance Technicians show up for my 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was a bad experience that I have had and how did I deal with this experience at work
  • Name an accomplishment I was involved with at work.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Texarkana, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Passed battery of written tests over a year ago. Went through an interview with 4 company people that went well. I got passed on to the "hands on" testing, the last stage of the hiring process. I was told by the HR Department they would get in touch with me within 2 weeks to let me know if I would be hired. That was over 4 months ago. Complete lack of respect for job applicants that take hours out of their schedule to spent with I.P. on the testing/interview process. I have no problem with not being hired, However, is expecting a form letter email stating I'm no longer under consideration too much to ask of a reputable company? Especially when I was told by 2 different HR employees I'd know something in 2 weeks? I think not.

Interview Questions
  • Hiring committee members were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Just general maintenance questions were asked.