International Paper Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty relaxed interview, but challenging at the same time. I applied, got notified of the interview request, and met with two individuals. The interview was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to express an unpopular opinion?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was on campus(October). They asked general get to know you interview questions, nothing too specific. It was more "Tell me about a time" type of questions. Received an email about a week and a half later inviting me to go for a second interview in Memphis. Flew in on a Thursday(November). On Friday, I had 4 separate interviews with different IT managers. Same types of "tell me a time" questions as in the first interview with a few more slightly technical questions, but more like "do you have experience with this" type of questions. After the interviews, we went on a tour around Memphis, went to dinner, and then flew home Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you knew what needed to be done but no one would hear you, how did this result?   Answer Question

Any Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

They came to a campus event and set up on-site interviews. After successfully completing an on-campus interview, I was accepted into the blitz. They are really wonderful in the regard that they genuinely take care of their recruits. They will either fly you in or let you drive and compensate you for your milage. The interview "blitz" lasts 2 days. You arrive in the afternoon, are provided with a catered lunch, and afterwards there are a series of information sessions, followed by an evening networking event. Some of the people with whom you are networking will be interviewing you the following day. I encourage you to speak with as many people as possible. I also encourage you to make friends with your cohort- these are the people with whom you will be cooperating the next day during the group activity. The following day, there are interviews and a group activity.

For the interviews: Any connections you may have made during the initial networking activities will come in handy here. The interviews experienced by my cohort were two-person panel interviews lasting 45 minutes in length each. They ranged in difficulty depending upon with whom you were interviewing. The questions were largely behavioral based.

For the Group activity: They are watching you to see how you work with others in a group setting. Do not over-act. Do not try to take over. Do not try to "look like a leader." The goal is to see how well you listen to each other. Compromise is rewarded, and influence does not appear to matter- though they did not explicitly tell us that it did not. I wish you great luck in this endeavor.

Finally, they show you the city. Memphis seems like a great place, although we didn't really get to see much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a decision you made had knock-on effects. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a four person panel interview, it was done individually. Each member of the panel was from a different department and worked to determine the best fit within international paper.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and arduous. Most of the time they were just trying to explain how great the company is rather than ask us about ourselves. There were 3 rounds of interviews and there were many pointless presentations about the company.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume via the internet. I was contact a few weeks later to setup an on campus interview. The interview very quickly, for me, changed from feeling like a formal interview to what felt like a conversation among friends. The panel I was interviewed by made it very easy to relate my past experiences to the role I was applying for. I have not been given an offer yet but I fully expect that I will receive one.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email after submitting my resume to a recruiter at a career fair at my college. Interview process was all behavioral. Nothing technical. They only wanted to learn what kind of person I was and how I handled situations and what kind of leadership values I possessed.

Interview Questions

• Give me a an example when there was a problem and you had to make a decision on the fly. What did you do, how did you do it, and what changes were made as a result of you making that decision?   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed, more of a casual conversation.You sit in a waiting area, they walk you to a conference room and you interview with two very informative managers. The interview lasted about 1 hour but then you take knowledge test

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a on-campus one, followed by an invitation to interview in Memphis. They offered to fly me in and we stayed at a hotel for 2 days. The interview was on a Friday morning and consisted of talking with 4 hiring managers, who pre-selected the candidates they want to speak to. After that, they fed us lunch and we had the option of touring their data center and going to dinner downtown. The interviews were 45-min each and had no technical questions (all behavioral). Since they provide training, it seems like a job anyone can do at this point and they're just mainly looking for people that they liked to work with. The HR also made it known to everyone at the end that they will be in touch with the people selected the next business day by calling them.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Describe a time when you had difficulty solving a problem and what did you do? What kind of technical skills do you have?   Answer Question

IT CORE Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial on-campus interview with IT director. The following week I was invited to HQ in Memphis for various interview rounds (four total) with different IT hiring managers. HR called me two weeks later letting me know whether or not I had been offered a position. Great interview engaging experience, travel expenses paid, etc.