International Paper Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Interviews at International Paper

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2019.

Interview

There were many questions about how you could bring value to the supply chain and how your skills would be beneficial to the company. Also, there were questions about problem solving and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem in which you quickly had to resolve.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2019.

Interview

Went through a round of on site interviews. 3 separate interviews with pairs of managers. They asked fairly generic questions about development experience and a few more specific questions catered to my resume. There were no technical questions. They also gave me a fair amount of time to ask my own questions about the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Panel interview with 3-5 interviewers. I have been on both sides of this interview - as a candidate and later as an interviewer. The bulk of the interview will consist of standard behavioral questions. These questions are pulled from a master list of interview questions and (usually) asked the same way every time. They may not be worded exactly the same, but you will be asked some variation of the questions below.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about times when you seized an opportunity or grabbed something and ran with it yourself.   Answer Question
    • How do you define customer satisfaction and how do you ensure customer satisfaction in your current job or role?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision in less time than you thought was needed.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your last successful project or accomplishment, and what is about it is repeatable?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you have delivered bad news to someone of higher status than you.   Answer Question
    • When two things due at the same time of equal importance and you don’t have time to complete both, how do you decide what to do?   Answer Question
    • What does the perfect position look like for you? Be specific.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to learn a new technical area quickly   Answer Question

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process is very laid back. First interview was on campus. After passing the first interview, you are admitted to a second interview at the Memphis headquarters. You are given a hotel room and transportation to the reception (where you meet the interviewers with FOOD!) and the interviews themselves. Three interviews, with two managers each. You also get breaks and food in between to relax the nerves. Had a great time!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed at a task; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2018.

Interview

Two interviews. One was over the phone. Second was a video interview with 3 interviewers. After I answered their questions, they gave basic information on the company and my role. They also allowed me to ask questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in September 2018.

Interview

it was difficult questions but was able to handle them well. They ask about team and management and team work. They are very hard on your past. It was one on one and for 3 rounds and then video chat.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in September 2018.

Interview

there were 3 interviews at the university, and then they ask you to go to a two day Blitz event at their head quarters in Memphis, TN. You interview with some of their hiring managers in the postion you are applying for

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you tried your best and still didnt succeed.   Answer Question

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied on a Monday night and got a called on a Tuesday from the HM to set up a phone interview. However, when she called I was on the road and didn't call her back until the following day. When I called her back, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes. However, she didn't press a hold button, but instead put the phone down and I could hear everything going on in the background, which I shouldn't have been able to, but whatever. We then set up a time later in the day to do a more formal interview. I called her at our time and asked how she was, her reply, "Rushing." Which I thought was extremely unprofessional. You knew you had an interview to do at a certain time and should have been prepared. She started talking about what she had for lunch to fill the time up and bring up my profile and information. Anyway after being on the phone for about 30 minutes, she finally allowed me to speak about my experience in which I was only able to talk about one job before she started speaking over me, she asked me ONE question, which was what my salary requirements were. We scheduled an in person interview, however beforehand I'd e-mail the recruiter to let her know that I wanted to withdraw my candidacy. It just did not seem like the right company for me.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

First heard of them at a university sponsored career fair. Talked to the recruiter and turned in a resume for them to review. Received a call to schedule an interview in the next few days and it was all behavioral questions. Received an offer to go to round two of interviews in Memphis in about a month. Flew me out and showed me around the city and had a dinner networking event before interviews the next day. The final interviews were three separate 45 minute interviews with two employees. All three interviews had identical questions which were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to overcome a difficult situation in a team setting?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview then in-person interview at HQ in Memphis. Have a series of interviews with different hiring managers that could be a possible fit. Flew me to Memphis and paid for all expenses. Great experience. Just wasn't a great fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a decision that you regretted   1 Answer