International Paper REACH Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper REACH Engineer Interview Questions

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (New York, NY).

Interview

International Paper invited me and approximately 50-60 other candidates to a 3 day interview process. The first evening we had the opportunity to meet employees from all the different mills that they were hiring from. Day two consisted of a tour of one of the paper mills in the morning and interviews for the rest of the day. These interviews were split into two types. One was two rounds of your traditional type of interview. The second was a more behavioral interview where you were put into a team and had to solve a problem. The day then concluded with a final dinner. The next morning there was some final networking opportunities over breakfast then we were off.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for International Paper

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

They were very friendly and casual during the interview, was very comfortable environment. Had two interviewers that interviewed me simultaneously. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. They allowed me to ask multiple questions about the company or any queries that I had and have me the opportunity to explain the experience I have and why I would be a good asset to their team.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work in extreme conditions such as a paper mill?   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2016.

Interview

Prescreen phone interview with a panel of 3 managers- Two engineering managers and one HR representative. The panel was experienced with phone interviews and made the call as easy-going as possible. Lasted about 40 minutes.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. There were two interviewers both had gone through the REACH program. The interview was casual and the questions were standard HR questions. They focused on previous experience and my resume. Some of the questions were similar, so I ended up discussing the same experiences multiple times.

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Stillwater, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview on my college campus. This interview was mostly behavioral questions, but also, the interviewers were making sure I was a good fit for International Paper. My advice is to ask many questions. Make sure you are prepared for a challenging work environment, with a company that truly cares about the people it hires and their development.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Jackson, MS) in October 2015.

Interview

Did an on campus interview with two people. Got selected for a Mill fair where I then had to sell myself to other mills to get drafted for their location. During that time I went through two more interviews. A 1:1 and a 2:1. I also did a group task where I got evaluated on how well I work with others.

Interview Questions

• What I liked to do in my free time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

3 day recruiting event..1 group activity, 2 panel interviews, a mill visit, job fair with different mills. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with company managers and recruits. lots of opportunity to get know more about different mills and their production.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a quick decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...take it or leave it.

REACH Engineer Interview

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair and 3-day onsite recruiting event. The onsite event included several interviews, a team activity, speed networking, networking dinners and lunches, and a mill tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you made the wrong decision at work or in a project.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Interview was a typical personality based interview. Interviewers were nice but also seemed to be observing everything you say to find a flaw. I probably wasn't as experience in the field the were looking for as other candidates which is why I believe to have not received a second round invitation because the interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• No technical question just typical stuff like here's a situation in the workplace how would you react.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2014.

Interview

They came to my school to do initial interviews, ~30min long. Immediately after I got invited to go to an onsite interview. At the onsite about 100 over students were also invited. I was put in a Marriott and they a whole agenda planned out for the next 2 days. The first night was speed dating and a mini career fair for all the different locations. The second day was a mill tour and two ~45 min interviews. I chose which locations I was most interested in. The next day I had breakfast and talked to employees one last night. Great experience.