International Rectifier Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

International Rectifier Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at International Rectifier

1 Interview Review

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial phone interview went well and I was asked in for an in person interview. The in person interview was a panel interview with the manager I spoke to on the phone, another manager and the director. The manager asked the other why he was doing the in person interview because he already did the phone interview, and he said that he wanted to make sure the director thought his decision to bring me in was okay. Then when the director came in he didn't smile and wasn't all too pleasant and the two managers kept looking at him for approval and cues on how they should act. It didn't look like a healthy relationship and I think the director didn't trust the managers and probably micromanaged them and the managers looked almost scared of the director. The managers didn't ask questions but the director did all the talking. In the end I was not offered the position because they said my answers were evasive. The director asked me how I calculated NPV at my last job, so I told him the process of how I gathered the revenue stream estimates, expenditures, WACC, and all the rest of the information and the different departments and levels of management I interacted with. He apparently had wanted me to recite the NPV equation for him and because I didn't he decided I was evasive.

Interview Questions

• After asking me about my biggest weakness the director said "okay, now tell me another one."   1 Answer