International Relief and Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Relief and Development

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Relief and Development (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I first got an email about my application. I applied almost a month prior so I almost forgot that I even applied. The whole thing was relatively relaxed and standard.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions--things you would typically expect.   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Relief and Development (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I would say that 0verall process was smooth. It was easy to find the place. There was a standard set of questions and the testing. HR Manager was very helpful and well coordinating the process of hiring. The time was convenient for me. The person who was supposed to interview me came on time. She held a small talk to make me feel relaxed. The general atmosphere was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• all the questions were standard. Nothing special I was asked.   Answer Question

Associate Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Relief and Development (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was invited to apply by a current employ that I new from previous work. After my initial application IRD waited six weeks to contact me. The sector Director that I work under interviewed me along with a future colleague. They both had read my resume, but they were clear what they were looking for. I would recommend coming into an interview ready to answer random technical questions but also ready to guide your interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, though IRD really needed me to join and join quickly. IRD's HR department does not understand compensation, and they are deliberately stingy. They will low ball you. Through very little negotiation I was able to receive about 23% higher than what was offered.

Logistics and Procurement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herat (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Relief and Development (Herat (Afghanistan)) in November 2013.

Interview

the interview processed remotely via internet using SKYPE application. several managers were interviewing and asking expertise and technical question regarding duties and responsibilities as a logistics and procurement assistant, and they showed interest about my logistical and inventory skills . they asked me about previous and employer and the duties i performed.

Interview Questions

• Describing Cycle of procurement, Inventory and Supply Chain, bidding and soliciting, vendor list, preparing quotation,   1 Answer