International Truck and Engine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

3.1

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical HR type questions with two managers. They have a list of questions that you have to answer and then as you talk they take notes . A typical question is "Tell us about when you had to talk to an irate customer"

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Took 2 weeks to complete the process. First round was telephonic round which consists general company background and interviewer asks some common questions on basic java. First round lasts about 30 minutes. Second round was 2:1.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine.

Interview

Normal behavioral questions and other questions were mostly based on my resume. Always be positive and show confidence. There were questions about situations I had never been before, so I stated that clearly and also added how I would have acted if I were in that situation.

Also important tip, mention expected salary high (but be reasonable) as they will generally offer that only

I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Navistar ? All the three interviewers asked me the same question again and again...   Answer Question

FALD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Lisle, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone interview where I was asked questions about my resume and the typical behavioral questions. Then was asked for questions I had for them. Next they invited me to an interview where i accepted the position afterwards. Once I accepted, I had to undergo a hair drug test several weeks before actually starting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a scenario when you felt like you were bored or underutilized and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine.

Interview

It took about 3 months from start to hire. I had to interview with 6 people one at a time. Questions were basic function questions dealing with the product. There were some questions dealing with sexual discrimination issues that had occurred at the Company and they explained how they were fixed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They sent an offer letter and at that time I did not negotiate.

Interview

Behavior based interview

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Melrose Park, IL).

Interview

Took a test first then, one interview with three people, an engineer, a maintenance GF and the union rep.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, general work history of what you worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

this is a union shop, wages are pre set.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Lisle, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. It was a panel with questions based on current and past work experiences. The questions played on problem, action, resolution, and experience gained. There were about 10 total questions split among two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The question was about dealing with a difficult manager and how that situation was handled.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little room for negotiations.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied for the position at a job fair. Initial interview was in person with a recruiter. I advanced and was flown to Chicago for a three tier interview process. Two weeks later received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle working in a very male dominated industry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at International Truck and Engine (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I am surely a very unique case as I had a freind who worked here who sent in my resume directly. I spoke with the HR lady, who asked me a few questions, and sent in my resume. The ChIef Engineer was very interested and I was called in for a formal interveiw 2 weeks later. Very good process

Interview Questions

• EXAMPLE: "Name a time when someone pushed you to the limit, and how did you handle it" They just ask other behavioral stuff to see how well you play with others. But as always, its very godo to tie this back into your experience both in life occurances, and in work or education. Just be you and be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer exceeded my expectations as a new grad and I did no negotiate.