Internet Brands Interview Questions in El Segundo, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I interviewed with several people. I believe (but don't know for sure) that one was a manager, and another was a director. The last was a C-level. It took a few hours. They were all fun to talk to, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty standard. They went over the things I specified in my resume, and asked more questions to figure out details that were relevant to the specific position. Just read the job description, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.   1 Answer

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was sent a hackerrank test relating to fitting 3 rectangle divs inside each other,
    Did it and sent it back
    but somehow even though I completed the test perfectly they decided to go with another candidate

They dont provide feedback just say you were exceptional but we decided to move with another person which is unfair given the only way to test you is one skill test which I completed perfectly.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long, drawn out, unprepared process. They sit you in a tiny room and have 3-4 people come talk to you and each person asks the same thing, "What did you talk about with the last person so I don't repeat the question?". Shouldn't each of you know what the other is asking before interviewing???

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hands down the most unprofessional interview process of my life. I was offered job, asked for a start date, and told they were moving forward with hiring process. Then on the day I expected to get my final offer letter, they told me they changed their mind. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions

• I was the proposed new team member of the Demand Force site taking on the position as Marketing Coordinator.

I worked with the recruitment team over a 4-week span. I took an entire non-paid day off of work to partake in a 3 hour interview process with the marketing and recruiting team. After this, I was asked to complete a case study as one of the finalists which took over 5 hours to complete. A few days later I was told that the team was "moving forward with the hiring process." After a conversation with the hiring team, I was told that after confirming my background check and two references, I would be sent an offer letter. I passed my background check and received glowing reviews from both of my references and I was asked when my best day to start would be and that the offer letter should be finalized by the end of the week.

Naturally, as anyone I know would, I began celebrating with family, friends, and co-workers who were excited for me to move onto the next step in my career. My boyfriend, who was so excited for our trip, brought me to Disneyland as a gift for being hired onto a dream job. I was felt to feel so confident that I had secured the position, I even almost put in my two weeks early last week.

Excited to review my official notice of employment, I instead got a devastating call that left me so upset I had to leave work in the middle of the day. While I was picked to take on a position just a week prior, I now was being told that I was unqualified for the position according to the upper management.

I understand that there is nothing that can be done now to fix what has happened. However, this message is to explain how severely disappointed I am in the hiring process with this company. The lack of communication between the recruiting team and the upper management team is something that I nor anyone else I have told this story has heard of before. I will move on from this situation with gratitude, because I would never want to work for a company that has this big of a disparity in what they are even looking for in a candidate.
      Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with the initial recruiter who contacted me from indeed.com. She was really nice and left me with a positive feeling after meeting with her on my second interview on property. The interview was 2 hours long, because I met with 2 different people after meeting with her. The interview was going great until I met with the HR Director. This guy was all over the place and made me feel uncomfortable with his questions. He wanted to know who else I was interviewing with and wrote them all down. His phone was constantly ringing throughout the interview and he abruptly left when he received a phone call from the CEO who he announced before he picked up the phone. If I didn't speak out and say thank you for your time and thank you for meeting with me he wouldn't have said goodbye before leaving the room. I sent a Thank you letter to the recruiter who contacted me. They still have not contacted me back.. I assume I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? How far are you in the interviewing process?   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed to schedule a phone screening soon after I submitted my application online. Really simple phone screening, with questions regarding introduction, past experiences, desired compensation, and starting availability. Then I was given a design challenge in prior to on-site interview. The prompt was rather questionable. It was directly related to their product, asking to propose a new feature. I was highly skeptical of the challenge and its implications with regard to their design culture. I decided not to move on with the process.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and got an immediate response from the recruiter. She emailed me asking to schedule a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was a typical phone screen interview where the recruiter asked me my experience, education, current status, etc. At the end of the call, she told me that she will pass along my portfolio and information to the team that will be hiring me. A couple days later, she told me that the team is interested in moving forward. She then gave me a homework assignment and asked me to complete it in the next three days. After I sent my completed homework assignment to her, I got an email a couple days later asking for a on-site interview the following week. I was interviewed by three people who asked me about my process on the homework assignment, college projects, and general experience with product. I waited about a week or so on the final decision. Overall, I had a great experience! My recruiter was super prompt and tentative to my questions.

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 upper Billing Collection Mgmt Specialists. Interview is okay - just some behavioral questions and no difficult case studies questions that require extensive knowledge/thinking - getting to know the candidate. Interviewers are very nice and pleasant. Company culture is very informal - mostly people in their 20s so its a very nice company for recent graduates.

Associate Copy Editor Interview

Application

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I met with someone from HR first; I then interviewed two people from the editorial team.

I first had a phone screen. I then completed a skills test. One week or so later I had an interview that lasted ~1 hour.

They asked standard questions about my experience during the in-person interview; they also admitted that they only skimmed my skills test.

It did seem more like a personality screen than anything else. Subtle details also made it seem as though they already had someone else in mind.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in the do-it-yourself category?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 recruiters (specialist and the director). They prep you a bit. Met with a director. They wanted me to meet with other members of the team. Made me wait around at their Coffee Bean downstairs but ultimately, no one was available.

Interview Questions

• Director was especially interested in data analysis and asked how I've worked with it in the past.   1 Answer