Internet Brands Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Serialized, very controlled interview process beginning with low level employees all the way up to high. They seemed very careful to avoid exposure to actual employees -- quite a contrast with other places I've interviewed with, where they really want everyone to get to know you who you might be working with.

It's obvious that some of the employees have a nervous, beaten-down air to them. Like they're being underpaid or overworked or something.

They also are extremely vague about what you'll be doing and who you'll be working with and what the work process is like. It's almost as if they want you to agree to the job and then they'll reveal all the ugly details hoping that in the euphoria of landing the job, you'll just take it all in stride.

Interview Questions

• What specific method would you use to find out of your query is optimized?   1 Answer

Everything was backwards and wrong about the whole interview process. Too much deception and smoke and mirrors. Average or job-hungry candidates might not notice, but I did.