Internews Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Internews Network Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.7

Senior Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internews Network.

Interview

The interview process was painless it was like having a conversation based on my resume. He first started off by telling me about the company and they came to be so prominent in their field. He then went on to speak about the position itself and what it would entail on a day to day basis. Once we did start the question segment it was pretty straightforward. No corny questions about where do you see yourself in 5yrs, or tell me how you handle multiple deadlines. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness and tact when interviewing me. The interview took about an hour and a half maybe a little more. I can be very talkative so I was comfortable with it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest accomplishment while working in (XYZ) country?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internews Network (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call to schedule an interview for the next week. A couple weeks later received an e-mail for a second interview. The first interview was one-on-one, the second interview was in front of several team members.

Interview Questions

• Q: How have you dealt with an unexpected sudden deadline?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internews Network (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a skype call, followed by an in-person interview panel made up of a range of people from across the organization, and meeting with the principals. It was all very collegial, well-organized, and professional.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internews Network (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. The first step was a phone call which lasted about 30 minutes. The phone call didn't seem much like an interview it was more like a conversation about the job description and my qualifications

Interview Questions

• What kind of IT set up do you have at home.   1 Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internews Network (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Quick interview process. Lots of general discussion about the company. Relatively little information in the job description or interview about the actual details of working for the company, which involve extensive attention to compliance with government-grantor requirements.

Interview Questions

• Worried about receiving government funding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very quick.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Internews Network.

Interview

Not serious at all, a lot of laughs and jokes but no actual questions about one's skills, just about one's hobbies, about how they spend leisure time, etc. No specific information about the position advertised was given, no questions about one's experience or education at all. Poorly conducted, the main interview person seemed drunk.

Program Director Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Internews Network (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in May 2016 for the Program Director position with Internews in Afghanistan. I was notified in July that they would like to interview me for this position. I had multiple rounds of emails. Then I was contacted by HR to provide them with some references and salary history. I was not offered the position and was notified of this in August 2016. I had never had my references checked before and not received that position in the past.