Interplex Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interplex Industries Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Interplex Industries

Shift Lead Interview

Interview

Usual questions, they just want a body to fill a space

Negotiation

tough just to get 15.00 dollars with more than 14 yrs experience

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tamarac, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interplex Industries (Tamarac, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

In person interview with three people from management: QE manager, Engineering Director and Tooling Manager. It was a Friday afternoon and these three individuals appeared very relaxed. I later learned that this interview was effectively a short break from the hectic work day. In any case, their relaxed attitude made me feel at ease. They asked direct questions, nothing tricky. The interview went very smoothly and naturally. HR had me do a personality test which I was able to research online first. Aced it.

At the time, I did not know how hectic and stressful each day was going to be. Every single day I left there feeling like my brain was going to ooze out of my ears. Between all those 40 presses banging away all day, and the pile of To Dos, you were always overwhelmed. I mean, your list of things to do is NEVER going to be reduced. It was fight fire after fire after hellish fire until you were finished. And then you had customers calling all the time. They really need to double their engineering staff, and there is NO ROOM physically in that plant. The QE staff was stuffed four in a small room with no partitions, and little AC. It really was kind of a 3rd world work setting: no office or cubicle, underpaid, salaried but forced to work 9 hours a day, one week vacation (!), no 401K, 100 decibel shop, almost all tool setups did not have work instructions. But, hey, management had to work 10 hours a day and half a day on Saturdays. US work ethic exploits people.

"Life is a (pain in the neck) and then you die"

Interview Questions

• What is my management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward. I wish I had negotiated more vacation time. This place was so hectic that you needed more vacation time. Lots of engineers got burned out from this job. I know this because older documents showed lots and lots of prior engineers.