Interpublic Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Interpublic Group

2.4

Senior PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with HR via the phone - she found me on Linked In. Interview set up meeting with the Hiring manager. It was an exploratory interview for possible jobs that might be coming up in the next 2 months

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Advertising agency experience was necessary for the position, as the position was supporting several of the IPG agencies on a business application applicable to planning, buying and production.

My advice is to be prepared for the interview and be able to talk about how your past experience and achievements relate to the position. Additionally, I was told my follow up interview letter demonstrated I had listened on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you lead a project from start to finish? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an issue - the process went smoothly.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter with Robert Half on linked in. She immediately scheduled an in person interview with her. Once I interviewed with her, the following week I did a phone interview with the recruiter at Jack Morton/IPG. Then the following week I did an in person interview with 3 people that work in the department. Finally, at the end of that same week I did a phone interview with the person that would be my direct supervisor. All were pleasant and seemed excited for me to work there. Also, the turn around for follow up was amazing! They kept me informed on the process and moved pretty quickly. Also my recruiter with Robert Half was brilliant!

Interview Questions

• What specifically are you looking for when you review a contract.   1 Answer

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviews were quick but they didn't ask me one technical question. They were in the middle of a move and I guess they just needed the people to do the move and nothing else

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interpublic Group.

Interview

They did it by email. Received 20 questions and it took me hours to craft concise answers. Then I got one line response that I do not have any experience in the domain I have been in for 18 years. Other posters are correct, ageism is an issue here.

Interview Questions

• To provide written answers to their questions. No phone discussion. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interpublic Group.

Interview

Had h.r. Phone screening followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Was then called into an inperson interview with hiring manager. When I arrived at interview was told I would also be speaking with another person who would be my colleague after meeting with hiring manager. Please note this colleague interview was never mentioned until I was in the meeting room. The interview with the hiring manager went well, but when speaking with the 'colleague' who told me she would be my boss -- well, wow. To her credit she read my resume and grilled me- picking it apart and speaking in a condescending tone that was most definitely not warranted. In retrospect I was more senior than the role entailed, and I see now I dodged a bullet not working with that colleague- or boss or whatever she thought was her position. I wrote thank you notes and h.r. Said they would be in touch no matter what. That was six months ago. They Never got in touch. Over all unprofessional

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

They had me do a few phone calls in the beginning, with my future potential direct boss and then with their boss (2 levels above me). Then after they had discussed internally they made me do a few very trivial and simple tasks to prove that I was capable. I had about a week to complete those although they took about 30 minutes. After that, I had to come in and I expected to get another grilling from the potential boss but instead it was essentially them trying to sell me on why I should come to work there.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (Omaha, NE) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager and a senior admin. One week following, I interviewed again with the hiring manager and the remainder of the admins on the team. The questions were mostly based on the position itself and what my experience in certain areas was. The team interview was similar but shorter in length. The team had some questions, most of which were answered in our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions relating to the position including Active Directory, O365 and Powershell.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview is over the phone. Generic questions like take me through your resume, tell me about yourself, why IPG/why the position you are applying for will be asked. The next phase, if you are chosen advance, is an in person interview with 3 individuals; who you interview with will vary.

It is important to know, the purpose of the interview is for you to sell yourself and the interviewer to decide whether s/he wold like to work with you in the future. Hence, showcase your talents and give them reason to believe you would be a very good coworker.

The key is to have a conversation; not a Q & A session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Explain your previous work experience and skill set.   1 Answer
    • Questions for the interviewer.   1 Answer

IT Consultant SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Interpublic Group (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview was conducted with lead in the area who was fairly knowledgeable. The lead described the current environment and challenges well.

Interview Questions

• Technical table names were asked in some areas where I could not remember.   Answer Question

Organization constrained jobs to roles in an older style organization. Working in the environment would likely be too constraining for me since I am used to performing many tasks and roles and delivering quickly. It is probably a good environment for many people to work.