Intersil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intersil Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intersil.

Interview

I got a call from university career fair, then they I actually got a call from hr after 20 days. The interview was for actually summer intern. They just asked some basic questions on projects and how do test a resistor and an Op-amp.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intersil.

Interview

I Interviewed for an IC Design Engineer intern position.

The first interview was in person at my university's campus. VERY technical, I was tested on analog IC design, op amps, current mirrors, you name it. Almost no behavioral questions, which I was surprised by. Even more surprising, I was only able to answer maybe half of the questions asked of me, but my desire to learn got me a second interview.

My second interview was a phone interview with another Senior Engineer, and it was almost the same as the first. I didn't expect it to be very technical, but sure enough they had me draw circuits on a piece of paper and analyze them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to analyze a current mirror circuit.   1 Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intersil.

Interview

I applied online and got the phone interview. The interview seemed going well with only some questions about the resume and background but no follow-up. I wrote emails to check the status but no reply at all. It looked like "silent refusal", disappointed. This was my first phone interview and I hoped it can go well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your internship experience (which is like several years ago...)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, directly ask technical question almost 1hour. Kind person go through almost everything you can prepare, also some extra question. Can refer to the ericson‘s book .....

Happy process, time past quickly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intersil (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the HR two weeks after the career fair. The first was a phone screen where a mix of technical and behavioral questions are asked.They immediately called me for an onsite interview. They reimbursed the costs after. The day started at 9:30 and ended close to 4:00 pm. A number of interviews that tested me on software, hardware, and other aspects. The interview was positive and I thought I got the job owing to what the HR manager said but after two weeks they rejected me when I asked for an update!

Interview Questions

• How would you swap two variables without using a temporary variables using only one kind of logic gate?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intersil (Palm Bay, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Online search for internships within semiconductor field. Found one at Intersil, applied and heard from HR the next day. Process was shaky as the HR rep I was in contact with was switching jobs so I had to reach out to the President of the Palm Bay location. He was able to get me in contact with the next HR rep. On site interview was the following week. Scheduled to meet with several lead department engineers (Etch, Photo, and Diffusion). Interview went well, ask 1 technical question. Mostly small talk and questions about my resume. They took me out for lunch. The last interviewer ended the interview with, "so are you ready to work with us?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a PNP junction.   Answer Question
    • How does an AJA sputter system work? (I believe it was asked because it was on my resume as I have experience with this system)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intersil (Milpitas, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

was interviewed by a panel of designers and application engineers. It is a technical and HR round combined
    Stay focussed on buck and boost converters

refer robert ericson -power etrx book for preparation

they have a techincally sound team of engineers
    hardware/Lab knowledge is add on
    python skills also help

keep cool and calm
    programming and lab tools knowledge is also add on

compensation networks related knowledge will be helpful

current mode controller and pfm knowledge helps

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intersil in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on Indeed. I had two behavioral phone interviews. The first was with an HR employee and the second was with a senior technical manager. It was a standard interview asking me about my past experiences, projects, and school work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are some projects you've worked in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intersil (Gainesville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters on Campus through Fall Career Fair. The Interview was short(30 mins). Mostly based on the IC test course I had taken and general basics. The HR was nice and sweet. They invited for interview via call and told me what areas I should prepare for. The interviewer wasn't very nice. He wasn't encouraging and helping he did give a few hints here and there though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intersil (Gainesville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters in career fair, got an interview call next day. It was for 30 minutes. It went well. Recruiter was very friendly. He just tested my ability to think about a testing problem as a fresher. More of a conversation type than Q&A. Then a month and half later, got an E-mail saying that there's gonna be another on campus interview that week and was scheduled for 30 minutes which I'm gonna attend tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you test an IC?
      Few more questions regarding Potentiometer testing and usage of Ohm's law in various tests.   Answer Question