Interstate Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Gettysburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call within 5 days. I was scheduled to go in for a 1 on 1 interview with the manager of the restaurant. Now I am scheduled to go into HR and complete paperwork and start working.

Interview Questions

• What was one way that you anticipated your customers needs?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Great process all the way from initial recruitment to interviews. Very helpful with any questions during process and always professional. I was never pressured or put much out of my comfort zone during interview.

Interview Questions

• In a customer service environment how do you balance incredible service with budget concerns?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Telephone interview with HR manager. Beginning with nice regards and communication is very nice in the process.Review the resume. And ask questions about the resume in detail. The interviewer is very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What mistake did you make before and what do you learn from it.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Hr agent very polite, I was interviewed by eng manager. Thing went smooth, ask about my experience in hotels and maintenance engineering. Then i was interviewed with an english speaking manager to test my communications abilities and my customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us.
      If a waffle machine is working and suddenly the lights went off. What could have happened   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with us.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Park City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a first interview for a sales position in PC. I am only starting the process so cannot give a full review yet but this first experience was GREAT. The person who I met with made me feel important and valued and as it working at this property would be a positive experience which was awesome. I will update as the process continues but wanted to add this info for people who are considering applying one of the positions open at this hotel.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle my first 30 days in the position which is a logical question for someone coming into a sales role.   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Springdale, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Very short, as I knew the current AGM and had worked for the property before transition. The process was streamlined very well as Interviews are on a hotel-by-hotel and manager-by-manager basis.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the hotel?   1 Answer

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was relatively easy. AGM contacted me for an interview. Interview was relatively relaxed with the usual Hospitality questions. "What does Hospitality mean to you?", Salary expectations, etc. I then had an interview with the GM the next day, same type of thing with a little more specific questions like "describe a specific instance where you had to deal with a difficult guest". I was told that I would need to have 3 references checked and would be contacted the next week by the AGM. It was only a day later that my references were called and I got a call with the offer. Paperwork and background check is the only thing left. Quick and easy without as many hoops to jump through (drug test, online surveys/questionnaire) as some companies require.

Interview Questions

• "What does Hospitality mean to you?"   1 Answer

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greene, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Greene, OH).

Interview

met with the Executive and the AGM for hiring process, wonderful communication and was hired after 2nd interview. They were impressed with my knowledge and expertise in my field. Prior to the Latter GM I felt comfortable and appreciated with the GM I was hired in at the property. My separation was entirely under the new GM we had voted for who was a previous Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle disgruntled employees?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application, I received an email to schedule an interview with the director of finance. After, I was interviewed by the Accounting Manager and the General Manager of the hotel. Everyone was accommodating and friendly. the director of finance was the one who contacted me directly regarding interviews. I did not go through HR. I made it to the last round of interviews but didn't get it as I was up against an internal applicant who had been working there for eight years. What I did not like was that I got a generic rejection email from their automated email. I did email the director a thank you rejection email asking for feedback and I received a response and an explanation.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I first got a call from the HR and they asked me to come in for an interview and sent me the referral in my email to formally apply, I didn't hear back for 2 weeks and when I did finally I got an interview 3 days later. I thought I was meeting with only 1 person but I had to go through 3 interviews at the same time from 3 different people. I was told they would send my info to HR and I should be hearing from them to get my paperwork started so that I can start next week. we discussed all things and benefits included. the pay is only $1 more than i'm currently making.

Interview Questions

• very specific questions to management skills and how to approach situations.   Answer Question