Interstate Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application, I received an email to schedule an interview with the director of finance. After, I was interviewed by the Accounting Manager and the General Manager of the hotel. Everyone was accommodating and friendly. the director of finance was the one who contacted me directly regarding interviews. I did not go through HR. I made it to the last round of interviews but didn't get it as I was up against an internal applicant who had been working there for eight years. What I did not like was that I got a generic rejection email from their automated email. I did email the director a thank you rejection email asking for feedback and I received a response and an explanation.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview with my direct boss, then the GM of the hotel. These are one on one, in person interviews. I was referred by a current employee, so it was a very transparent process for me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table in regards to driving sales to the hotel?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Arlington, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and simple. Low key. Met with hiring manager as well as senior members of the team. Was conversational interview process and was good to get to know some of the team members. The overall experience from the interview process was positive.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone, Skype

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts in October 2014.

Interview

Started with a screening phone interview for multiple properties, then was contacted to set up interview (s) with general managers of each property applied for. After interview with GM, was notified of selection.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with a HR corporate talent recruiter and on with host hotel GM. Mostly questions about previous work experience and behavioral. Was't too difficult and conversation went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leader position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Gettysburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call within 5 days. I was scheduled to go in for a 1 on 1 interview with the manager of the restaurant. Now I am scheduled to go into HR and complete paperwork and start working.

Interview Questions

• What was one way that you anticipated your customers needs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2008.

Interview

You can find jobs by visiting the ihrco.com website and fill out an application. A manager will contact you by phone or email. i had 1 ineterview before being offered the position. For the most part all of the staff are friendly and outgoing. There are alot of brand standards that must be followed, but overall the work culture in the restaurant is easy going.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to "French" a table? This question was regarding an alternative way to prepare a table cloth during banquet seervice. I have yet to "French" a table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minumum wage is the only hourly offered.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Durham, NC).

Interview

Due to my relevant experience I applied and received a phone call from the food and beverage director scheduling an appointment for the interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day. After interviewing with food outlet manager I was hired and began work within the week I applied for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Miamisburg, OH).

Interview

Kitchen Manager asked how long and if I knew how to cook. HR Manager was more detailed she asked more about previous jobs,drug testing, and more. GM asked about what style of cooking have I done(fine dining,casual,etc.).

Interview Questions

• Am I able to work any shift? The style of cooking techniques I have done(see above).   1 Answer