Interstate Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Interstate Hotels & Resorts

2.6

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Westminster, CO) in September 2019.

Interview

I got a called for an in person interview with DOS at the property. She showed up with pages full of questions about my past employers and hid her notes from me. I followed up within 48 hrs and was said position was already taken, that sounded not probable, therefore the interviewer was looking to solicit business from my past employers a. k. a sales leads.
    I have been applying for years and never have had an offer. It's a "glass ceiling" situation.

Interview Questions

• (name of my past employer) what is that?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (New Orleans, LA) in September 2019.

Interview

Very standard interview asking about previous employers and work ethic. A few questions about drink knowledge and customer service points. Short but informative. A phone call lead to an in person interview and once the background check was cleared I began training.

Interview Questions

• How do you make an unhappy guest more comfortable without using a manger?   1 Answer

Manager Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter to apply for a manager position at Interstate. I sent her my resume and then was left a voice message saying I didn’t have enough experience for the role. Two weeks went by and then I was contacted by a recruiter at the corporate office. I had a phone interview and was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with the GM and had my interview and then had no follow up about the position. I even sent a follow up email to both the GM and corporate recruiter with no response. Probably should have just listened the 3rd party recruiter and not even bothered. Company lacks professionalism and common decency of following up with candidates who apply and interview for roles in person.

Interview Questions

• GM spoke more about himself and trashed talked former managers that worked with him. Was never really asked questions. Real professional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Irving, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Met with Irving accounting and tech leaders. Then flew to meet with leaders of corporate parent in Virginia. Learned from their recruiter that they had been misled by a previous candidate and thus wanted to do a deep background check, reluctantly agreed and learned that they resorted to contacting my references and asking personal questions such as how stress was handled, any problems they were aware of or did they know of any performance reviews where there were negative remarks. Both references called me and said they were uncomfortable with the questions being asked and said it was a “set up to fail,” proposition. Urged me to avoid. Position has been available for six months with no candidates. I would be very skeptical of any position advertised by in house Interstate recruiters. They are commission only and didn’t represent the position honestly. There might be good jobs at Interstate but if they seem non-committal about direct questions turn and walk. The decision authority rests only in VA. Working in TX is treated as a backwater.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hospitality?   1 Answer

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Denver, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

Got a fishy a call on Sunday soliciting a phone screen. No signs of GM conducting hiring process. The caller was childish and hung up on me. The interviewer did not have any authority to hire anyone.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Irving, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone call, in-person interview, 2nd interview, then did not hear back at all. I sent a thank you for allowing me to interview and a follow up on if a decision had been made - no responses. Very interested in me during 1st in person interview and by second interview blew me off.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Very brief, but efficient. Very pleasant manager who laid out the job clearly. She was very respectful and kind. I liked the hotel as well. She also explained that the hotel was new,.

Interview Questions

• About my background and my schedule.   1 Answer

Dual Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed on a Sunday evening, which was fine.
    He was about 20 min late for the interview, once he finally came out he seemed tired, looked completely disinterested and kept yawning.
    Maybe it’s just me but that makes the process really awkward. He asked two questions about which management company I worked for & three “behavioral questions” off a list of about 20 and
     ended with, “Do you have any questions for me?” There was no way he knew my personality, qualifications & experience by that. He said he was task force and won’t be on property so maybe that’s why he didn’t care much. Idk, I left feeling like, what the hell was that?! Lol

Interview Questions

• Which management company managed this property?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important/difficult decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you’ve had to recover a guests’ bad experience.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Clovis, CA).

Interview

I missed the initial phone call asking me to come in for an interview, but no voicemail was left. I looked up the number and saw it belonged to the hotel, so I called back to get the interview. Was interviewed by a panel of three managers and did not get a call back for a second interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Hotels & Resorts (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through online. Received a phone call for first interview within a week. Received a phone call for second interview a week later. Then received a phone call for job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about hanging out with your team after work hour?   Answer Question