Intertek Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intertek Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intertek.

Interview

Was interviewed and given a tour of the facility. The interview itself was a review of my experience, and a few personality-type questions. It was relaxed and laid back. Got an email offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intertek

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intertek (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen and then an in-person interview, the manager was pretty cool and very relaxed, just asked about my background and experience
    The process took one week.
    The process took one week.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intertek (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

I was given a short phone screen and then almost immediately was told to report for interview. The process had no wait period and there was some sense of urgency. The one on one was likewise short--resume scrutiny, some questions, and almost immediately was a decision reported to me.

Interview Questions

• Can you read this UL Product Standard and tell me what it means?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Submitted to online job posting (found via Indeed). Received an email to set up interview, conducted hour long interview about experience and what kind of job I was expecting, got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Read a technical document and preform the task it asked you to do. Reading technical documents is very confusing sometimes. If you have experience then you have an advantage. If you don't just take your time and only do what it ask you to do. I was able to ask questions, but what they were really looking for is if you could figure it out on your own.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a ball park of what I would like to start at (salary.com), I countered once and got what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long. I worked with a great recruiter and she did her best to give me an idea of what to expect with Intertek.

The managers I interviewed with seemed to be in a hurry to disqualify me more than to qualify me.

There was a lot of waiting around to talk to people.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall very many questions. The managers seemed to do most of the talking in all of my interviews.   Answer Question

It just didn't feel right for me.

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intertek (Boxborough, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

First they bring you through the labs to show you some of the testing and give you an idea of what we do. They will then ask you some questions and if they like you they will bring the site manager to ask more questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intertek (Plano, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

This was not a good interview. The HR person started off coordinating everything. We met up on LinkedIn. It was to first start with a phone interview with the key people in the office I was to work in and a telephone interview from a person in New York, that I would never really work with in the first place.

I never talked to the key person in the office where I would work, but talked to the New York staff. They later scheduled a separate phone interview with a manager I'd be working with. The interviews on the phone went well and they offered to fly me in from half way across the country, (all expenses paid), with my family for a face to face. The HR person who I had been in contact with said she wouldn't be available to meet for the interviews, but graciously offered to meet me and my family for breakfast the next day, (Saturday). I thought this was very nice.

The actual interview was horrible. I reached the company after flying in with my family, and we immediately went to lunch with a group of people. We got back to the office and they sat me in a conference room for 30 mins all by myself with the door closed. I was actually shocked when someone walked in. There was no appology, we just jumped right in. After about 5 mins the guy had to leave, (horrible). After he left it was another 30 mins. of the same business with me all by myself in a closed conference room before the next person came in. The next guy was going to be my direct manager, so he was interrested in feeling me out more han the others. He began to quiz me on certain items, but I guess he was, so busy or had so many other important things to do that he didn't see a need to formally end his portion of the interview. I give him more credit though becuase at least he gave me more than 5 mins. of his time. He left, becuase of a cell phone call. He said he'd be back later in the day to speak with me but I guess he just forgot about it. At the end of the day the HR person took me out of the closed conference room and into the concession area for a drink of water. We saw my proposed future manager there and she pleaded my case to him on how I had been there the whole day and he should let me got, but it wasn't necessary, he forgot altogether that he wanted to see me again. Well, after the group leader guy left there was another long pause in between people. Another woman from HR would come in and check in on me intermittently and ask if anyone had been in recently, and the answer was no, so at least she was some what aware that I was a human being.

I can go on and on, this was a great practice of sheer negligence. They made no sort of arrangements to accomdate my visit or show me that they were really interested. This same patteren repeated 2 more times. Ultimately, I got into the office at 11:15 am and got out at 5:30 pm. I ended up talking to 4 people. The actual interiview time, where I was engaged by another person, (outside of lunch), was about 40 minuites (horrible).

OK, so the interviews were horrible. I felt so neglected. But I met with my HR contact the next day, (Saturday), for breakfast. This was redeming, (at the time). She did inform me they were highly interested, and they really wanted me on board. She told me she'd be contacting me within the next week, and they would be working on an offer. So, then I flew back home and waited and waited and waited. I didn't hear from her. I reached out to her 3 weeks later and asked what had happenend, after all she did say she'd be calling the very next week after my interview. She didn't get back to me. 2 weeks more went by, (5 weeks after interviewing), after writing her to follow up again she informed me that the company was working on another priority. At that point me and my wife knew to move on. We were considering selling our home, taking our child out of school, and relocating to another state for this position, and from the treatment we recieved it was clear that this would have been a a big mistake.

Well, after some 10 weeks after the interview, (End of March, early April), my HR person wrote me up and asked if I was still interested in the postion and wanted to talk about an offer. Well, I politely declined.

The messages sent were so incongruent. They flew me and my family in from out of state, than it seemed like there was just no interest at all. I was left alone for long periods of time and...... it was a mess. I was not impressed with Intertek Testing Services at all.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions. My interviewers spent very little time asking questions, except my future direct supervisior. The time   Answer Question

It didn't seem as though the company would take care of me, and I wan't impressed by the interview process.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intertek in October 2010.

Interview

After being contacted by HR, a phone interview was set up with 2 gentlemen from the facility where they ran me through the job description and asked me basic questions about my background. Several days later I was contacted to set up an in-person interview with a senior manager. In this interview I was grilled on my experience working with other engineers and customers. (Overall, you'll deal with customers a lot in this company so I think they mainly want to weed out any of the typical socially awkward engineers who are terrible at dealing with people.)

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult technical questions, basically they just asked me to describe the the types of things I've done at other jobs to get a sense of my technical experience.   Answer Question