Intrepid Learning Solutions Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview and I was asked the basics like tell me about your biggest challenge in one of your last jobs, general questions about OOD as well as a few questions about where I wanted to go in my career and what excites me.

The follow up in person interview was with a manager and two developers.
    Asked to write a function on the whiteboard that would reverse a string in PHP.
    Asked what the difference between a hash table and an array.
    Asked basic OOD questions such as difference between abstract and interface classes.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a difficult question, they seemed to expect you to know Java though even though it's a PHP position really.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process and Interview was great. My phone interview went well, it lasted about 30 minutes. The second interivew I had was in person. It was a two person interview. I had to teach a lesson and write a lesson plan. At the end the asked several questions about how I would handle failing students, to showing up 30 minutes early to prepare my class for instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student faling a test that caused them to be fired from there job.   Answer Question

Pa

Variable Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Long - brutal. Several interviews (about 8 in total).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Offer was fair and fit for my current needs.

Boeing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

The job interview was done over Skype, as it was an out-of-state interview (I was in Chicago, they were in Seattle). The manager I spoke with was extremely professional, and it was later conveyed to me that all potential employees will, most of the time, interview with who they'll be assigned to. Very impressive. I was asked about my professional resume first, then I was asked about my personnel preferences on company climate. I only interviewed with the one manager, and the experience was non-stressful and all the pros and cons were addressed and all of it was true upon working there. It was the best job interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever had to deal with an unruly student in the past, and how did I deal with that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was handled by a representative from HR. I was asked what I thought was a fair wage, and I responded. The HR manager told me that was a bit high, but managed to bring me in at their wage maximum. My advice, don't be afraid to ask for what you want, they will undoubtedly work with you.

Industrial Skills Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied as a Project Manager, was contacted for Instructor position. Quick telephone interview regarding my skills and experience, comfort level speaking to a group, salary requirements. Followed by interview with two people (at once). Really general questions about my experience. I got the impression they were looking for a warm body to fill the position. I accepted the offer because I was unemployed at the time.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking in front of an audience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will negotiate on hourly rate. Vacation, benefits, etc. are not negotiable. Don't accept their first offer. I didn't negotiate, but found out others did, and they received a higher rate.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Face to face interview with programming questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was through a recruiter. There were a total of 2 interviews with Intrepid. The first was with a developer for a phone interview. I provided my most recent experience which turned out to have a great deal in common with their development plans (LAMP). An in-person interview was quickly arranged. I met with the original developer plus 3 other developers of the team. The environment was cordial and professional. My most vivid memory was the questions to parse Javascript presented to me on paper. There were 3 such questions. As well, there were questions regarding Java Collections (what are they and use-cases).

The panel interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

I had a good 1st impression of the people and office. Relaxed (not sloppy) attire and professional. Located in Pioneer Square, it's (IMO) a fantastic location. Can't say anything about the work culture (didn't get hired).

The team spoke with a number of people and decided on another candidate.

Suggest you know your Javascript/JSON. Generic Linux/Java environment - not stuck on any 1 platform. One developer using Mac (though I am under the impression support for Java is not as robust as is on Linux/Win - can the Mac folk clarify?). I personally use Ubuntu.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intrepid Learning Solutions (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Great location, beautiful office, nice, smart, young people. Come dressed business casual, put your listening ears on, and bring your sense of humor (it's always appreciated).

The interview process is usually a phone screen with recruiting, a possible phone screen with the hiring manager and then an in person group interview at the Intrepid Office. Although, we hire plenty of remote workers who have the group interview by phone.

Culture fit is big at Intrepid so relax and take it all in.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any superhero, which one would it be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intrepid pays for talent. If you are a consultant and you are worth it, they will pay you a fair wage for Seattle. Don't take the first offer (unless you are applying on the Delivery side, which I have no knowledge of the negotiation phase)