Intuit Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

As represented. 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 4 managers. Took a lot of time to prepare for, but not unmanageable and felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Big focus was a case study, and also a lot of questions about being innovative.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a university, after applying through my university's careers website. The interview was two parts, behavioral and technical. The behavioral part focused on your resume-listed achievements, as well as answers to questions like "Tell me a time when..." For me, they wanted examples of times when I embodied Intuit's values which are 1) Be Bold, 2) Be Decisive, etc. The technical part was easier than I expected. Do not worry too much about 100% correct syntax, be sure to explain your thought process clearly to your interviewers, take any hints they try to give you, and be sure to know your data structures and look-up times as they might quiz you on those as well.

I did have to follow up with my recruiter about a week after my interview when I hadn't heard back, but she was quick to respond once I reached out to her.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of numbers and another number, find all pairs in the set that add up to given number.   Answer Question
    • How would you extract all unique members of a set?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Step 1: 30-minute phone screen with the recruiter
    Step 2: 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager for the role
    Step 3: 30-minute phone interview with another team member to judge foreign language proficiency required for role
    Step 4: 3-hour in-person interview. 1-hour craft presentation with 4 team members, followed by 3 traditional interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your company had a problem and you solved it creatively.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview process sounded interesting. First phone interview with hiring manager and then a panel interview where the interviewee presents a demo on a topic that the hiring manager has chosen. Lastly, break out interviews with the entire panel 1:1
    The problem was with the interview itself. It was an interrogation more than an interview. Every question was being asked to steal ideas and not to gauge how I would be right for the position. Extremely negative experience! Will never go there again and will also warn friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How did you do it? How will you do this in our situation? Give us detailed steps and all detailed ideas on how you will accomplish this? How will you solve this problem? Give us detailed steps on how you will solve this problems. Give us creative ideas on how we can accomplish all of the things we want to in the next 1-2 years.   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me based on my LinkedIn profile. I must say HR was extremely helpful throughout the process, and helped through each phase of the process.

I began with 1/1 with the hiring manager... followed by an on-site craft demo / case study
    presentation to a panel of senior leadership at Intuit.

Everyone was very smart, knew their subjects, and yet extremely humble.

Group Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens, HR phone screen to setup interview. Panel of 4 to present a Case Study and two other topics. Panel of two assessors and final round of closer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter at a career fair. She was very nice and we exchanged contact information. A few weeks later the recruiter got in touch with me and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. The interview was technical in nature and was conducted using a video chat medium called "Blue Jeans." Interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation before she got into the technical aspect of the interview

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack with push pop and get smallest value   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

experience was so so. Call with the Recruiter was always late, 20 min one time and another 3 hours late. Issue is that there wasn't a simple email letting me know. Came off a little unprofessional. Process of mini presentation was a little odd for a contract role. I had even asked about the scope and what they were looking for only to get a really vague answer. At that point I was a little disengaged but still wanted to go through with interview so didn't attempt to get the answer i was looking for after asking twice and recruiter wasn't answering it. Interviewers also came off as not interested from the start. It's a bummer, seems like a great company...but a little over the top for a contract role in my opinion. Spoke to other friends to see if this is what they had experienced other places and also said no, never for a contract role.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter who will try to match your experience with an opening and arrange first round phone screen with the hiring manager. When I spoke to the hiring manager, he just asked 'Tell me about yourself'. The recruiter got back to me and asked to work on a case study which is not something you can do in 2-3 days. They asked me to present: present about me, about a professional achievement and a case study on a problem they are trying to solve. If companies give you generic problems or case studies, its understandable but it seemed Intuit was trying to figure out the best solution for their problem. The onsite interview was all on the case study. (1) if they want to give you lot to present, they should at least conduct 1-2 proper interviews before asking people to work on homework. (2) Recruiter asked me to prepare a ppt because I will have to present but the hiring manager, on the morning of the interview, asked me for a 6 page write-up. '6 page writeup'....are you serious??? Overall it was a very disappointing experience and I am glad it didn't work out.

Intuit Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview consists of a 45 minutes to 1 hour technical round as well as a 45 minutes to 1 hour behavioral round. Employees were friendly and pleasant. They look for core knowledge in the topics they ask.

Interview Questions

• Question from resume, projects, and respective tech..   1 Answer