Intuit Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

3.1

261 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied during the company's info session. Completed one online assessment which consists of one coding problem. Then I got a video interview through Karat. During the interview, we briefly went through my resume and then started solving coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest common subarray between two arrays of strings.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Interview

This is based on my overall experience. I'd gone through the entire process and made it to a final interview. Was feeling good about the process. The hiring manager was about 20 minutes late to the first team interview and asked some questions that set me back because I had to review information I'd already shared and I didn't finish my presentation. Continuing on, the rest of the interviews were fine but I didn't get a strong sense that there was as much of a fit as there was when I first arrived. It took about 3 weeks and a few check-ins from me with the recruiter to hear that I hadn't been selected (not a surprise to me by this time) but they really wanted me because I would be a great fit for another group. She asked me to give her a "few days" and she would get back. It really was an extremely positive conversation that left me very hopeful. So it was interesting that I never heard from her again. She never returned the email follow ups I sent. The following year, I had a great candidate for her for a similar position I'd interviewed for - I felt based on the process I'd gone through I had a better sense of what they were looking for. Incredibly, she never returned that email either. Very sloppy. Would never want to work there based on this experience.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Hello and thank you so much for interviewing with us and providing this feedback. It was very thoughtful for you to have referred someone to us and we apologize you didn't hear back. If you'd like... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Fremont, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The HR scheduled for a telephonic technical interview. But when i got the call it was all behavioral questions asked. No questions on my current project. No technical questions or coding. Just one agile related question.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with 2 recruiters supporting 2 different team managers. Had two phone interviews. After third phone interview invited onsite. In onsite interview, presentation on findings from data science challenge. Group panel + individual sessions for a total of 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next role? What may be one advice you have for your current manager?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

About on hour long on campus with two interviewers. Asked me to show some of my projects, a resume question, a design question, and then an algorithm question. Not much behavioral stuff, just asked me to tell a bit about myself at the start.

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was a three-part interview, background check, and review of internet connection. The three parts to the interview are a recruiter interview, online test assessment, and a webcam simulation.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for the job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

This is probably just me, but the whole experience was terrible.
    My recruiter contacted me the morning of the onsite, sent me the challenge for round 1 BEFORE I get there. I commute from SF so I didn't have a chance to review it. Here's my experience with the onsite itself:
    1. The hiring manager was constantly late to my modules.
    2. I did not feel welcome AT ALL with the team that I interviewed with, they had me write code with the font super blowed up so they could see on the screen cast. And take turn to grill me.
    3. 4 hours of onsite was 95% technical with trees and graphs and problem solving. They did not care who I am as a person.
    4. Recruiter would not pick up and contact me back after, so it forces me to write this review so someone will see it.

May be I just got really unlucky, but I would not recommend any of my friends interviewing or working at this company.

Interview Questions

• Full stack application that requires hitting an old Yahoo API and visualize the data. In 45 minutes. With the font 3x the size you're comfortable with.   Answer Question

Senior Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter about a week after I applied the job. I was then scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter for about 1 hour to learn my background. The recruiter was able to find a match in all jobs and then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager about a week after. I was then contacted for an onsite after a week.

Interview Questions

• There were technical/analytical questions with the hiring manager, but no living coding. I was provided a case study before the onsite interview and was asked to present through PPT during the onsite interview for 1 hour (including time for questions). The technical/analytical section includes SQL questions and a lot of statistical/modeling questions. R and Python questions were asked based on candidates' background. Behavioral questions were then covered in the next 2 sections.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took 7 weeks. I was referred by an employee. First, had phone screens with a recruiter and a hiring manager, both of which went pretty well. Then I had phone interviews with 3 different teams.
    The first interview was with an engineer who seemed overly serious and somewhat rude. He kept saying stuff like 'everything you type will be reviewed by the whole team to evaluate your skills'. Maybe it's just me, but such pressure made me really nervous, and I messed up on an easy interview question that I just practiced a day ago. After this, nobody got back to me for 2 weeks. Already assuming I bombed the interview, I moved on with my life.
    In 2 weeks, the same recruiter called me again and asked if I am available for another phone interview (no feedback about the first interview). My research of the position indicated that the new interview was for a position in a different team. Because the recruiter claimed the position was 'urgent', I scheduled it first thing in the morning the day after my vacation - only to be stood up by the interviewer. On the same day, a different recruiter called me to set up an interview with yet a different team, while the interview I was stood up for also got rescheduled.
    Both second and third phone interviews took place on the same day. I had pleasant experience with both engineers. One of the teams ended up getting back to me the next day to invite me onsite.
    From technical perspective, the onsite interview was not too hard for an average person (depending on one’s skills), but there were a few questions that caught me by surprise. For instance, I had to build a simple html/css/javascript page that calls a public API (no frameworks or libraries), which is not something an average software engineer does every day, even if they are frontend focused. The hiring manager dug deeper into my work experience; some of his questions indicated they were looking for someone with a bit more experience than me.
    About a week later the recruiter called me and explained that the team decided to move forward with a different candidate, and gave me some feedback that I didn’t do that well on the html/css/javascript question. I appreciated getting a quick and direct response. It was also written on my onsite interview invitation that I should expect to hear back within a week of the interview, or contact the VP of Talent Aquisition if I don’t. One of the interviewers told me that it is a recent Intuit’s policy to make hiring decisions quickly and not leave the candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• What makes node.js so efficient?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a callback hell?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the HashMap class in Java   1 Answer
    • Write a Fibonacci series function   1 Answer
    • Write simple program that gives financial recommendations to the user   Answer Question
    • Design a table component in React   Answer Question
    • Build a simple html/css/javascript application that calls a public API   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with the industry? What news sources to you read to learn about new technologies?   Answer Question
    • What was the latest lesson you learned at work?   Answer Question
    • How did you get into programming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 interviews - 1 phone call with recruiter, 1 conversation with 2 managers (very behavioral), 1 case study presentation (had 48 hours to prep). The Interview process was very smooth, employees were extremely friendly and conversational. You had a lot of flexibility in terms of how to prepare the case study and the recruiter allowed follow-up questions. They genuinely care about employee fit and thinking style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about past failures and what you learned from them.   Answer Question