Intuit Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Nov 24, 2016

3.1

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview, then given a week to work on small open ended project. Four guys in a small room to demo it for first round of interviews. Programming on paper. Didn't make the second round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application via their job board and received correspondence 2 months later requesting a phone screening. Phone screening was the typical getting to know you a bit better and a live screen share coding session. After that I was invited to a 4 person interview that I had to prepare a Craft Project for. The interview lasted just over 4 hours and it began with an 1 hour of demoing the project then spending time with each of the individual group interviewers. I loved this format and felt the interview went well. The following week I was phoned by the recruiter and was presented an offer, which I gladly accepted, it is my opinion that this company is on top of their game and it shows.

Senior Product Manager/Group Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Product Manager role with Intuit back in October 2015. I was initially contacted by a recruiter, who, after a preliminary screening, arranged a phone interview with a Group Product Manger of Intuit on November 4th. The Inuit representative stated that they would be identifying candidates to move forward with that week. Three weeks later, after no contact with either Intuit, nor the recruiter, I reached out to the recruiter for a status update. Unfortunately, they never responded.

February 25th, 2016, a Senior Recruiter from Intuit contacted me directly in respect to an opening for a Group Product Manager. On February 29th we had a phone interview and the Senior Recruiter was completely bewildered to hear that I had interviewed with Intuit before, as they had no record of my interview in November, as she made it clear that it was her responsibility to manage this process. Getting lost in the system was a bit discouraging, as this sounded like more of a case of people not knowing how to do their job.

Needless to say, I proceeded with this interview and the Senior Recruiter assured me that I would be updated soon. Nearly six weeks have now past with no contact from Intuit, and the position has just been reposted, which suggests they have not found an appropriate candidate. Once again, out of common courtesy, I would have expected to receive some status update, though that seems to be too much effort for this company.

Unfortunately, I can no longer take Intuit seriously. The level of incompetence they have displayed is an embarrassment to their brand. Perhaps the lack of respect candidates are shown has become the norm for the Inuit corporate culture, however as a professional in the software industry I don’t appreciate having my time wasted.

When applying to Intuit, be prepared to deal with a group of people who clearly need some elementary business training.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Apr 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Hi - I am so sorry to hear of your experience. This is not the norm of wheat our expectations are either. I am the Talent Manager for Canada and would like to connect with you and see what the ... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

It asked me a list of standard questions. Interviewers are very friendly. I had 3 people interviewed me and it was totally exhausted after meeting them. Interview took about 1.5hrs

Interview Questions

• Intro about yourself.
      What's the strength and weakness
      Tell me a time when you had a difficult time with your boss
      Answer Question

Seasonal Services and Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A recruiter found my profile one of the job sites. I applied on the website then got a phone interview.
    Phone interview wasn't much of behavioural but asked me about why i want to work at Intuit and took some simple tax questions, asked about some technology questions (simple, e.g. how do you troubleshoot your cell phone?). Then had 1.5 hour in person interview at office by 2 full-time reps and one manager. Got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at intuit?
      Any situation where you weren't up to the expectations?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

not really negotiation it's contract

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted several times by their recruiter in US for the job at their location near Toronto. Overall technical part of the interview was quite good and had a chance to speak with really professional people from Canadian department. I was mainly put off by the recruiter in that he was not paying attention to the fact that position is in Canada, kept using US related terms (e.g. 401k instead of RRSP) and was not able to clearly describe the settings and requirements at the Canadian office.

Interview Questions

• General questions about OOP, databases and Web technologies.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR was really nice on the phone and told me how much she loved what I had to say, also mentioned about 10% of time is instructed and not a cut throat Environment. When I arrived for the interview I found the opposite to be true, they are cut throat and you're expecting to compete against each other. They also mentioned they don't do unstructured time (which is 10% of your time working on a project of your interest) and somehow got the feeling of why I asked that question. Told me they wanted to do a criminal background check so I did (BY THE WAY I'm clean). They didn't bother to follow up with me I had to call then and took another today to find out I didn't land the job. They really lead you on and don't feel its a correct way to conduct as a company. Will never work there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

Interview

STAR process
    Difficult customer scenario

Must have mastered the following:

• Resolved Canadian accountant’s issues pertaining T1,T2,T3,T5013, T3010 and T slips and forms
    • Handled virtually any tax situation with ProFile's comprehensive set of forms and worksheets that cover both your federal and provincial needs
    • Actively contributed to the knowledge base content by linking, flagging and recommending updates
    • Utilized and leveraged government websites and toolkits to seek out and deliver the right answer to the customer
    • Represented ProFile brand and spirit by demonstrating empathy for the customer, empowering and partnering with the customer, personalizing the experience, and provided technical assurance on tax cases

Service and Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Almost immediately I received an email to do an online assessment, which took about 45 minutes. The online assessment has 3 parts: behavioral questions, spelling and grammar test, and interactive call center role playing. After that, several emails back and forth to set up a telephone interview a few days later. Telephone interview is about 1/2 hour. My telephone interview was with an HR Intern, so I even wonder if she was a student. A couple of days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• They used the STAR model to ask behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. They wanted a very specific situation, not in general how would you handle a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you went over and beyond to serve a client.   1 Answer
    • Why did you pursue this job opportunity.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and I got an email rightaway scheduling for a phone interview. Three days after, the scheduled phone interview took place. It was an hour of phone interview asking me about job experiences and past positions I had with other companies. Asked about my tasks, main duties, responsibilities, etc. After the phone interview, I received an email about a face to face interview with two people from the company. One is a team manager and the other, a senior services and support representative. Three weeks after, i got an email, stating that I need to upload certain documents to a certain company for background check which I did, and passed.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a colleague who weren't very welcoming when you first got the position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all.