Intuit Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for position through their website. Was contacted for a phone screening. Set time, but couldn't get recruiter to confirm after multiple attempts via phone and email. Recruiter called me 10 minutes after the time I was trying to confirm. Told me position was filled but wanted to do phone screening. I went ahead with it. She was very uninterested. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest professional risk you have taken thus far?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was with the department head over in Virginia. It was really fun and challenging at the same time. The questions were fairly standard, no trick questions really, it was more to find out what your thought process is and how you think on your feet, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the company you worked for made a decision that you didn't agree with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

The company seemed to be a good place to get on with however their recruiters were not professional. After taking a 45 minute on line test they scheduled a live interview. I interviewed with 3 people in-house. All young, t-shirts, sneakers, and even a jersey and a ball cap. Not that this is bad, it speaks to the relaxed atmosphere of the work place. I really thought that I could do well there. I have 30 years of management experience.

However.....after the interview I followed up with the recruiter via email, then phone calls, then more emails. I NEVER HEARD BACK. Part of a recruiters job is not just getting the right people in the door for interviews, but it is also to professionally handle any questions and to let you know if you have been selected or not selected.

Professional courtesy seems to be lacking in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone off the phone   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Required PowerPoint presentation on your personal and professional development followed by a mock sales call for intuit turbotax products. Would not recommend working for this company unless you are a CPA. Extremely poor interview process and the company relies on Google instead of training.

Interview Questions

• During Mock Call: Which TurboTax product could be used for a small business owner to ensure they are within obamacare employee tax guidelines?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Several back and forths with the recruiter over a months time. A couple last minute cancelled phone interviews. One Phone and f2f interview with hiring manager. No pay negotiation. Take it or leave it pay offer. Overall no signs of effective hiring procedures.

Interview Questions

• Tell about how you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

I found the pay tactic disrespectful and it shows Intuit is not serious in paying for top talent.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

You interviewed with 3 different people. You had two people walk you around and amp you up and make you feel really awesome (good cops) then you have this one bad cop. he comes in and just lays it into you. Funny thing is the bad cop is the only one who gives you any truthful insight about the company. Listen to the bad cop.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this pencil?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did an online application with three Phone Interviews The next level was an Interview with the Hiring Sales Manager and mid level manager. Each interview lasted approx 1 hour. Went well and was under the impresssion was going to be invited back for a final interview Did hear back for three weeks until after phone calls I have no complaints The process was fair honest professional and open they just wanted to pursue someone else which happens

Interview Questions

• Sat down at table and Hiring Manager asked right off the back "Do you have any questions of me?' Which prob would have tripped up someone not prepared but i did and from there it went well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interview process was normal, typical for a sales postion. I interviewed with 2 sales managers, and the VP of sales at that time. The sales managers took turns interviewing me one at a time, then at the end the vp of sales interviewed me. It took about 2 weeks to get an offer. After that i was in orientation for a few days, and then training began on site.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about working here   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I had an HR Phone interview for an Inside Sales role. Interview went well, HR person was very positive about the company and the role. She thought I was a good candidate and scheduled another phone interview with incoming Director to the team. That phone interview also seemed to go well and I really liked the gentleman who was coming into Canada from Texas. Seemed to have a great sales mentality and a long time Intuit employee. Very astute as to the Intuit culture and the kind of person you would love to work for.

After that, I had an in person interview in Mississauga with the Inside Sales manager who I also liked. Although when she described the position she said it wouldn't be about selling, it would be to get their Accountants and ProAdvisors to events. Unflustered, and eager to work for Intuit due to its reputation, I said that I would be good with that and had boosted events for other software companies I had worked for .(Which is the truth, although I also sold for those companies too.)

Next I was interviewed by the VP of Sales for Intuit Canada (same day, immediately after). Intuit has a nice facility from what I could tell. Again, seemed like a great guy, asked me some questions and suggested the Inside Sales Manager thought I seemed like a good candidate. The question that he seemed to have trouble with was whether I would be OK with the commute. I said it would be very doable, however he seemed a little skeptical for some reason even though they weren't as deep into Mississauga 401 potential gridlock from the 400 as many other tech companies. That seemed to be the stumbling block.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to manage the commute from where you live to our office every day?   1 Answer