Intuit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter at a career fair. She was very nice and we exchanged contact information. A few weeks later the recruiter got in touch with me and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. The interview was technical in nature and was conducted using a video chat medium called "Blue Jeans." Interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation before she got into the technical aspect of the interview

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack with push pop and get smallest value   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for Software Engineer Intern. Interviewed on campus. Behavioral interview and Technical interview. Different rooms, different people. Asked a lot about previous projects. Technical interview wasn't too hard- you'll do fine after 2nd year CS classes. Coding on paper in any language and asked to determine the big o notation thing. Behavioral was the usual.

Interview Questions

• Design an Instagram/photo sharing app or site.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of integers, find all pairs that will add to a given integer.   1 Answer
    • Another question that required loop within a loop or hash maps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Stanford, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume at a campus job fair on Wednesday. Received a phone call from a recruiter on Sunday. Was interviewed on Thursday. Consisted of a 40-min technical interview and a 40-min behavioral. Technical started with 5-7 questions on coding courses, languages, projects I've done. Took about 10min. Then went into 6 coding questions on white board, ranging from easy to average difficulty. 40-min Behavioral, about 10-15 questions, all about "tell me a time when..." Interviews were in two separate locations by two different engineers.

Interview Questions

• First question: Given "ABC_DEF", write a function that would return "FED_CBA".   Answer Question
    • Write a program that will print info a file all valid phone numbers of a given file, that are written in the format "(***)***-****".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace Hopper in Houston, TX. This was by far the most pleasant interview experience I've ever had!

First was a HackerRank coding challenge, kind of difficult. Then had a phone screen before GHC where we discussed Intuit's values. At GHC, it was a behavioral and technical interview combined, two interviewers. We went over Intuit's values again, and I provided examples of how I've demonstrated them.

Technical questions weren't difficult, but there were a few key details that were important. Interviews were very kind and friendly. At one point, I was asked, "why did you choose a hashmap over a linked list," and got a little flustered. She guided me and noted that I made the correct choice, she just wanted to know my thought process. Very supportive the entire time and genuinely wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've been bold, decisive, fast-learning, etc.   Answer Question
    • How would you implement Venmo?   Answer Question
    • Determine if an input string of ASCII characters contains only unique characters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first interview was mostly behavioral, but still involved quantitative questions - the people who interviewed me were more interested in seeing my approach to business problems / how I think rather than asking questions about my background and personality. They also asked what relevant classes I've taken in school and which classes I will have taken by the start of the internship in the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through a phone call after I applied online.
    We went through a series of email contacts until I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with a member of the team I was supposed to work with.
    The interview was mainly behavioral

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you dealt with.
      What is your comfort level with Ruby and Bootstrap.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a few weeks later. Had a phone interview and then had an on onsite interview consisting of 3 30 minute interviews, including a case study. Everyone was very friendly and wants you to succeed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Went to a career fair then received a call that night from a recruiter. I had two back-to-back 30 min interviews the next day in person. One was behavioral and one was technical, but mainly focused on past projects, with just one smaller problem solving question. A week later I received an email saying I would have a phone call with a hiring manager and didn't hear back from them for about a month. Then I finally had the phone call with a manager to talk about the team I would potentially be working with and to talk about my past experiences and skills. Received an email saying I was hired later that week. Everyone I interviewed with was super friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that prints out how many times each letter in a given string appears   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and after few days, recuiter asked me to take coding challenge online. The questions are from Hacker rank. Three questions given are easy, medium and difficult level type questions. Later, I have got an email to schedule second round. Interviewer shared a link and that led to joining a meeting. That interface requires webcam enabled, and has a white space to enter the code which can be viewed by the interviewer in real time. Overall, the wait time between the interviews was long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through my campus job fair, got an interview by talking to one of the recruiters and giving them a small pitch/submitting my resume. Very helpful group of people. Also attended one of their on-campus events. They emailed a group of candidates back within a week to set up interviews, which consisted of a 45 minute behavioral and a 45 minute technical.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral was the expected (greatest weakness, show me some projects, why do you want this) and somewhat informal. I loved the behavioral; got to talk to some of the senior developers and I think we clicked well. However, technical was somewhat difficult with questions related to data structures and implementations (BST).   Answer Question