Intuit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.8

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

I was reached out to for an interview after completing a coding challenge online. I had one interview, which consisted of behavioral questions, a design/OOP question, and two general coding questions. Overall it was a pleasant experience; the two interviewers I had were nice and it wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the order of words in a string where the words are separated by spaces   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I got an interview at the school's career fair. About a week later, they sent me an email arranging an interview on campus, the process took about 2 weeks or so it was a great interview, interviewers were very friendly. The first started with behavioral questions and jumped in to two technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Intuit came on campus. First they had resume screening, asked basic question on java and python. Then coding challenge, had to do 1 question in 20 minutes. Then final interview, which consisted of 1 project explanation, few coding questions and 1 design challenge.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 interviews - 1 phone call with recruiter, 1 conversation with 2 managers (very behavioral), 1 case study presentation (had 48 hours to prep). The Interview process was very smooth, employees were extremely friendly and conversational. You had a lot of flexibility in terms of how to prepare the case study and the recruiter allowed follow-up questions. They genuinely care about employee fit and thinking style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about past failures and what you learned from them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screening which was pretty straight forward. Had a video interview afterwards which was around 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We strive to provide the best experience for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter at a career fair. She was very nice and we exchanged contact information. A few weeks later the recruiter got in touch with me and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. The interview was technical in nature and was conducted using a video chat medium called "Blue Jeans." Interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation before she got into the technical aspect of the interview

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack with push pop and get smallest value   1 Answer

Intuit Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for Software Engineer Intern. Interviewed on campus. Behavioral interview and Technical interview. Different rooms, different people. Asked a lot about previous projects. Technical interview wasn't too hard- you'll do fine after 2nd year CS classes. Coding on paper in any language and asked to determine the big o notation thing. Behavioral was the usual.

Interview Questions

• Design an Instagram/photo sharing app or site.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of integers, find all pairs that will add to a given integer.   1 Answer
    • Another question that required loop within a loop or hash maps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Stanford, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume at a campus job fair on Wednesday. Received a phone call from a recruiter on Sunday. Was interviewed on Thursday. Consisted of a 40-min technical interview and a 40-min behavioral. Technical started with 5-7 questions on coding courses, languages, projects I've done. Took about 10min. Then went into 6 coding questions on white board, ranging from easy to average difficulty. 40-min Behavioral, about 10-15 questions, all about "tell me a time when..." Interviews were in two separate locations by two different engineers.

Interview Questions

• First question: Given "ABC_DEF", write a function that would return "FED_CBA".   Answer Question
    • Write a program that will print info a file all valid phone numbers of a given file, that are written in the format "(***)***-****".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace Hopper in Houston, TX. This was by far the most pleasant interview experience I've ever had!

First was a HackerRank coding challenge, kind of difficult. Then had a phone screen before GHC where we discussed Intuit's values. At GHC, it was a behavioral and technical interview combined, two interviewers. We went over Intuit's values again, and I provided examples of how I've demonstrated them.

Technical questions weren't difficult, but there were a few key details that were important. Interviews were very kind and friendly. At one point, I was asked, "why did you choose a hashmap over a linked list," and got a little flustered. She guided me and noted that I made the correct choice, she just wanted to know my thought process. Very supportive the entire time and genuinely wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've been bold, decisive, fast-learning, etc.   Answer Question
    • How would you implement Venmo?   Answer Question
    • Determine if an input string of ASCII characters contains only unique characters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first interview was mostly behavioral, but still involved quantitative questions - the people who interviewed me were more interested in seeing my approach to business problems / how I think rather than asking questions about my background and personality. They also asked what relevant classes I've taken in school and which classes I will have taken by the start of the internship in the summer.