Intuit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 interviews - 1 phone call with recruiter, 1 conversation with 2 managers (very behavioral), 1 case study presentation (had 48 hours to prep). The Interview process was very smooth, employees were extremely friendly and conversational. You had a lot of flexibility in terms of how to prepare the case study and the recruiter allowed follow-up questions. They genuinely care about employee fit and thinking style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about past failures and what you learned from them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screening which was pretty straight forward. Had a video interview afterwards which was around 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We strive to provide the best experience for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter at a career fair. She was very nice and we exchanged contact information. A few weeks later the recruiter got in touch with me and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. The interview was technical in nature and was conducted using a video chat medium called "Blue Jeans." Interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation before she got into the technical aspect of the interview

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack with push pop and get smallest value   1 Answer

Intuit Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for Software Engineer Intern. Interviewed on campus. Behavioral interview and Technical interview. Different rooms, different people. Asked a lot about previous projects. Technical interview wasn't too hard- you'll do fine after 2nd year CS classes. Coding on paper in any language and asked to determine the big o notation thing. Behavioral was the usual.

Interview Questions

• Design an Instagram/photo sharing app or site.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of integers, find all pairs that will add to a given integer.   1 Answer
    • Another question that required loop within a loop or hash maps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Stanford, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume at a campus job fair on Wednesday. Received a phone call from a recruiter on Sunday. Was interviewed on Thursday. Consisted of a 40-min technical interview and a 40-min behavioral. Technical started with 5-7 questions on coding courses, languages, projects I've done. Took about 10min. Then went into 6 coding questions on white board, ranging from easy to average difficulty. 40-min Behavioral, about 10-15 questions, all about "tell me a time when..." Interviews were in two separate locations by two different engineers.

Interview Questions

• First question: Given "ABC_DEF", write a function that would return "FED_CBA".   Answer Question
    • Write a program that will print info a file all valid phone numbers of a given file, that are written in the format "(***)***-****".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace Hopper in Houston, TX. This was by far the most pleasant interview experience I've ever had!

First was a HackerRank coding challenge, kind of difficult. Then had a phone screen before GHC where we discussed Intuit's values. At GHC, it was a behavioral and technical interview combined, two interviewers. We went over Intuit's values again, and I provided examples of how I've demonstrated them.

Technical questions weren't difficult, but there were a few key details that were important. Interviews were very kind and friendly. At one point, I was asked, "why did you choose a hashmap over a linked list," and got a little flustered. She guided me and noted that I made the correct choice, she just wanted to know my thought process. Very supportive the entire time and genuinely wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've been bold, decisive, fast-learning, etc.   Answer Question
    • How would you implement Venmo?   Answer Question
    • Determine if an input string of ASCII characters contains only unique characters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first interview was mostly behavioral, but still involved quantitative questions - the people who interviewed me were more interested in seeing my approach to business problems / how I think rather than asking questions about my background and personality. They also asked what relevant classes I've taken in school and which classes I will have taken by the start of the internship in the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through a phone call after I applied online.
    We went through a series of email contacts until I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with a member of the team I was supposed to work with.
    The interview was mainly behavioral

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you dealt with.
      What is your comfort level with Ruby and Bootstrap.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a few weeks later. Had a phone interview and then had an on onsite interview consisting of 3 30 minute interviews, including a case study. Everyone was very friendly and wants you to succeed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Went to a career fair then received a call that night from a recruiter. I had two back-to-back 30 min interviews the next day in person. One was behavioral and one was technical, but mainly focused on past projects, with just one smaller problem solving question. A week later I received an email saying I would have a phone call with a hiring manager and didn't hear back from them for about a month. Then I finally had the phone call with a manager to talk about the team I would potentially be working with and to talk about my past experiences and skills. Received an email saying I was hired later that week. Everyone I interviewed with was super friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that prints out how many times each letter in a given string appears   Answer Question