Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screening which was pretty straight forward. Had a video interview afterwards which was around 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We strive to provide the best experience for everyone.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

A 15 minute phone screen followed a week later by an all day interview process (5 one-on-one interviews plus one with the hiring manager). It went well, but I wish they'd designed the day so that it included breaks for bathroom and to give my brain a rest.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

We are so happy you had a positive experience! Thank you for sharing with the community.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed to set up an initial screening a few days later. 15 minutes before the scheduled start I received an email requesting a reschedule. A new day and time was selected, the recruiter no showed and did not respond to my email.

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

I am so sorry you had a negative experience interviewing with us and thank you for sharing with us. If you wouldn't mind emailing us with more details on this experience at candidate_care@intuit.com ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on ... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview with the help of a recruiter. Video call on blue jeans. Interviewers were really cool. It was a great experience talking to them. Very clear in what they were looking for and asked me questions about my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume based, testing me on my Java and Javascript basics.   1 Answer

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your interview feedback with the Glassdoor community. We're glad you had such a positive experience!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

As represented. 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 4 managers. Took a lot of time to prepare for, but not unmanageable and felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Big focus was a case study, and also a lot of questions about being innovative.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Worst interview experience EVER. YMMV, but I will absolutely not recommend this company to any of my acquaintances.

12/13/16: Applied for this position online

2/1/17: A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a date for a phone screening / informational interview.

2/2/17: I spoke to the recruiter about myself and my professional history. I asked about the role itself, what they are looking for, and touched a little on the company culture. She was very professional and had a unique way of doing things. She avoided behavioral questions as she said that it wouldn't help to know me as a person. She was very transparent about the salary range, which was within my expectation. After the interview, we scheduled a date for a phone interview with the hiring manager on 2/8/17.

2/8/17: Something came up with the manager. Interview was pushed forward to 2/10/17.

2/10/17: Pleasant interview with the usual behavioral questions. It felt more like a back and forth conversation, which was great. The hiring manager made me feel very at ease, and allowed me to ask more about the role and company culture. On the same day, the recruiter reached out to me and invited me to interview on site, and said that she would contact me soon with further information.

2/13/17: The recruiter sent me a list of things I needed to prepare for the on site interview. It would be a craft demo with a panel of team members and managers consisting of a 5 minute About Me presentation, a 15 minute Work Portfolio, and the business case study, which was to analyze user feedback and spot trends. This craft demo would then be followed by 1:1 interviews with each of these panel members, and finally a same day decision. She mentioned that she would have a date by 2/24/17.

Here's where it gets fun. I spend day and night preparing for behavioral questions, craft demo presentation slides, research, tons and tons of research. I reached out to Intuit employees for informational interviews, people within my network who use QuickBooks Online for user feedback, even going as far as to volunteer to work for small business for free to better understand and empathize with the problems they faced day to day while using their product. I reached out to my PMs and colleagues in hopes that they would give some advice and feedback on my presentation and presentation skills (my contract at the company was ending, so everyone was more than supportive). Basically, I did my homework and went the extra mile for this job. It was an all day affair for a good two weeks.

2/24/17: No news until I sent a follow up email. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator replied later, saying that she is anticipating a date of 3/27/17, which is a month later, but would have a concrete date for me by Monday of the following week. I was fine with this, considering the amount of time I've already spent preparing.

2/27/17 - 2/28/17: No news, no replies

3/1/17: In her own words, "I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There have been some changes in the job requirements. They have chosen to pull this requisition at this time. It may be posted at another time. I still believe you have great skills and would like to keep in touch with you. Would this be ok with you?

3/15/17 (Today): I found out that the requisition for this position wasn't pulled, but instead the position was filled, and that person has been working in that role since February. Given the benefit of a doubt, this person may have started on the 28th of February (On a Friday..unusual?). I was not given a chance to interview, and even if I was, mine was scheduled at the end of March, and this person was hired some time in February?

This company clearly does not value the effort their candidates put into applying. I'm fairly sure that I wasn't the only one affected, but in the end, nothing I say or do will change anything with my candidacy, and I've learned to accept that. My only hopes is that someone sees this and reconsiders applying for this company. One employee told me that Intuit lives and breathes their core values. But, it's pretty apparent to me that transparency isn't one of them.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview ... More

Interaction Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through the job fair and did a short design challenge. Talked about my portfolio pieces and everyone was friendly. The senior recruiter was very proactive and helpful, whereas the other entry level recruiters were a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing about your positive interview experience and welcome to the Intuit team!

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, had an initial phone call with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a 4-hour onsite with a team of four. During the four-hour onsite, I had to review my favorite accomplishments and why I selected them. While the process was a bit long, I thought every question and assignment was very fair and there wasn't anything I wouldn't have asked a candidate myself. I was very open throughout the process about my strengths, weaknesses, and career aspirations, and that seemed to go over well with the interview team. Overall it was a great experience, and every single person was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• If you had one final shot to convince me, what would be your pitch?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for sharing your interview experience with the Glassdoor community. Welcome to the Intuit team!

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went well. There were 2 parts. The first was a preliminary with the recruiter. There was an overview of the position offered, requirements, and responsibility. The second was a simulation of customer interaction.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer