Intuit Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview process sounded interesting. First phone interview with hiring manager and then a panel interview where the interviewee presents a demo on a topic that the hiring manager has chosen. Lastly, break out interviews with the entire panel 1:1
    The problem was with the interview itself. It was an interrogation more than an interview. Every question was being asked to steal ideas and not to gauge how I would be right for the position. Extremely negative experience! Will never go there again and will also warn friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How did you do it? How will you do this in our situation? Give us detailed steps and all detailed ideas on how you will accomplish this? How will you solve this problem? Give us detailed steps on how you will solve this problems. Give us creative ideas on how we can accomplish all of the things we want to in the next 1-2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter who will try to match your experience with an opening and arrange first round phone screen with the hiring manager. When I spoke to the hiring manager, he just asked 'Tell me about yourself'. The recruiter got back to me and asked to work on a case study which is not something you can do in 2-3 days. They asked me to present: present about me, about a professional achievement and a case study on a problem they are trying to solve. If companies give you generic problems or case studies, its understandable but it seemed Intuit was trying to figure out the best solution for their problem. The onsite interview was all on the case study. (1) if they want to give you lot to present, they should at least conduct 1-2 proper interviews before asking people to work on homework. (2) Recruiter asked me to prepare a ppt because I will have to present but the hiring manager, on the morning of the interview, asked me for a 6 page write-up. '6 page writeup'....are you serious??? Overall it was a very disappointing experience and I am glad it didn't work out.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Focused on leadership, working cross functionally, and interest in the company and the position. I had several rounds of interviews both on the phone and in person. Once my final interview was completed, HR acted very quickly with the offer. The onboarding process was also very smooth and I was provided all the necessary new hire information on my first day

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you worked cross-functionally and had to convince a business partner to move forward with your recommendation?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview

As pointed out by at least a few people here the interview process and subsequent feedback for this company leaves a lot to be desired. In fact I am just going to copy and paste what one fellow interviewee wrote for my same exact role:

"As another person mentioned.....ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT YOUR RECRUITERS ON NON-RESPONSIVE. This is the most unprofessional company I have worked with. Weeks went by with no reply to emails. If you're looking for a company who keeps its candidates in the dark and waste their time then this is the company for you.

Otherwise I recommend applying to other companies who have a better recruiting system in place and who know how to behave in a professional manner.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck."

As a matter of fact its been a few weeks and I have already started with another job. I never received any response response back from the recruiters. Apparently it is very difficult to email YES or NO or WAIT A FEW DAYS. I dont even know the interview outcome to record here. Its basically like calling and emailing a blackhole.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not really difficult. Very standard behavioral questions and a light business case. I am not even sure how they distinguish between different candidates with such simple questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Starts with a call from the recruiter (30 minutes), then hiring manager call (45 minutes - 1 hour), 4-5 hour on site interview. They use the star method - mainly behavioral questions.

Come on Intuit, get it together. Your recruiters suck.

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed internally, so this was not applicable

Interview Questions

• You do not have to be technical to be a Product Manager at Intuit but sometimes they ask you technical questions anyways.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Intuit interview process is very standardized, using planned behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Usually questions about very specific examples of where you had to change someone's mind about a decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred to by an internal contact. I first got a call from the recruiter. That call went well so she scheduled a call with the hiring manager about a week later. Had a great call with him as well so they then they scheduled onsite interviews. I met 6 different people for about 45 min each. Basically everyone on the team I would be working with. I was there from 9am to about 2pm. Up this point the process was really smooth and the hiring team was very responsive to my questions.

I thought the interviews went well but I never heard back. Couple of weeks went by and I pinged the recruiter and HR person but they didn't even bother replying back to me. It's been about three weeks now so I think their decision is obvious.

Extremely unprofessional that they don't even reply back.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were about how your product management background. Questions are around how you make decisions, how you use metrics, data, how you decide on best UX etc. There were a couple of difficult questions. One interviewer asked me to whiteboard the process of adding a feature to their current product. How I'd go about doing it, and what it would look like in the end. Also asked one of those brainteaser questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Waltham, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Through a contact, I was referred to the recruiter, phone screened by the recruiter, then phone screened by a marketing manager in another department a few days later. Was pleased as to how quickly the screens took place. However, the recruiter was vague as to why I was being screened by someone in another department. Thought that was weird if they did not understand the position and responsibilities. Questions were focused on how I work rather than product background or knowledge. Several emails to the recruiter afterwards as to my status went unanswered. Same for my contact, no response to my question as to relationship of the marketing manager screening for the product manager position. Perhaps he was moving over to assume management of that role, in which case, if no experience in product management, I would not have wanted the position. Lack of response in both cases seems unprofessional, but very revealing about the company personality.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 10-1, what would your manager say are your strengths and how would they rate you?   Answer Question
    • Have you downloaded our free trial?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Intuit has one of the best interviewing processes I've ever seen -- the 2 phone interviews (first with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager) each happened on day after the other, and the feedback was super timely. The on-site interview was shortly after the phone interview with the hiring manager, and consisted of a half day with about 6 different business partners in my department. Everyone was super professional, friendly, listened, and asked insightful questions. I had a great feeling after the interview, and they moved really quickly in making me an offer (and even accommodated a vacation that I had planned). Awesome interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult interview questions -- all of the questions focused around my background, accomplishments, and what I would bring to Intuit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like most larger firms, Intuit has certain salary bands that employees at each level have to fall into. However, I was still able to negotiate and get the dollar amount that I knew would make me happy and motivate me to work really hard for them -- something they acknowledged as being important. They got approval for the amount I was looking for, and were very polite and understanding during the offer phase.