Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone Screening Intro, Craft Demos, panel discussion by teams, final interview with hiring manager. Allowed to share my thoughts for any questions they asked. Discussed business scenarios and possible resolution plan. It was awesome process.

Interview Questions

• It was positive experience. People were nice. Like craft demo which help to have discussion with team instead of traditional interview structure.   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview on-the-spot from a campus recruiting event. The interview was the next day and lasted for about 45 minutes. After that, a recruiter was in touch via email to give me their decision, which was about a week later.

Interview Questions

• The bulk of the interview was a portfolio review of projects I had completed. They were very critical of the projects and asked many questions related to the scope and decisions behind my output. Some questions were reasonable and logical given the role I was interviewing for, and other questions made me feel they weren't listening to the answers I had already given (i.e., about the constraints of that particular piece).   Answer Question

Staff Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, plus internal employee referral, then initial internal Intuit recruiter screening via phone, then manager phone screening, then large panel review and presentation, followed by 1:1 interviews (all same day), followed by a final 1:1 with the director which sealed the deal for an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would i go about doing my job?   1 Answer

Intuit Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your experience. Welcome to Intuit!

Technical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

I experienced probably the worst interview in my career. I was initially contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone screen. Later, I was setup for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview indicated that it went very well. At the end of the phone interview the hiring manager was delighted and even said that they wanted me to come for a full onsite interview to meet the team and there will be a case that I needed to present. I was given the case interview couple of days before the interview. It was a vague and unclear case, but I made what I can with it.

I went onsite met the hiring manager and three other team members in panel presentation/interview that was to be followed by more 1:1 interviews. I presented for 45 minutes. Unfortunately, what followed in these 45 minutes what will make me not buy or even interact with anything Intuit during my lifetime. The interviewers were unfortunately terribly condescending to the point where they showed no interest by looking over their phones, opening their laptops and even laughing inappropriately at certain points in my presentation. I clearly stated at the beginning the assumptions I made about the case and how I went upon doing the analysis work. Apparently, they did not care about what analysis to be done and just wanted what they perceived was "clear" from the case. After 45 minutes, they went outside for 5 minutes to what the manager told me a team "huddle". I was left in the room waiting. Then, the manager comes back in with just one of the other team members, who came in to take their laptop and told me that "They have very important work that came up and cannot finish the interview". Then, it was just me left in the room with the hiring manager who told me very abundantly the interview is actually over and will not be moving forward. The manager gave a very short reasoning why and that my three days of work on their case was not what they were looking for. I told them the case was really unclear and the manager reluctantly agreed with me. I was then escorted out and shown the door by the manager.. What a terrible way to conduct interviews.

It was very emotionally draining to prepare for a full onsite interview for days, present for 45 minutes and then have the scheduled interview be cut short and shown the door by what I thought was reputable company. If you have already setup the time for the interview and made room for it then make due to your promised schedule and continue the interview to see what other strong points the candidate may have or even to educate the candidate and leave a strong positive impression. Unfortunately, the interviewer bias played a big role and really showed on them when I was presenting. The emotions that people go through during interviews are one of the toughest things people experience. I have never experienced a company cutting short a scheduled full onsite interview before after the interviewers have made the time for it in their schedules, nor the clearly shown condescending behavior towards a candidate during the presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you play the devil advocate for your own recommendations, what negative things would you see in them?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interview ...totally spoke to 11 people ...did a craft demonstration where I had to show how i ran my teams before .There were a lot of deep technology and strategy questions around previous experience and my plan for this team .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

3 techanical rounds with manager round and Hr round.interview process was little difficult and form core java to adavance java and some puzzle they asked with real time implementataion questions .

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The process starts out with a recruiter contacting you (I did not apply for the position), leading to a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter actually spent more time on the phone with me than the hiring manager did. The manager asked a few simple and short questions and then we were done. After that, they schedule your in-person, which consists of a very time-consuming presentation you must create prior to coming to interview. I spent several days preparing this presentation about myself, a few projects I'm proud of, and finally a detailed and lengthy case study which solves an actual business issue they are facing (basically, free consulting for them). I prepared everything and came in for the in-person, where they proceed to grill you with very difficult questions, which is understandable for an interview at this level. However, the style of grilling felt very cold and harsh, almost like they were having fun coming up with the most difficult questions they could think of. One interviewer was particularly rude in her questioning style, leaving the interviewee feeling quite defensive. After meeting with several people, you meet with the hiring manager for "feedback" which consisted of them letting you know they weren't moving forward and then proceeding to give very detailed feedback as to why. When you've decided not to hire a person, giving them a laundry list of petty reasons why not does not help them unless they have asked for it. Instead, you leave a person shaken in their confidence, which could be harmful for their future job search. I felt like I was in a bad performance review. It was an extremely negative experience, I've never been through anything like that and have interviewed with many different companies over the years. This was by far the most hoops I've ever been asked to jump through (espeically for a lateral move), the most time I've ever spent preparing for an interview. After getting over the initial shock of the feedback session, I realized I have probably dodged a bullet by not getting an offer. If this is how they screen candidates, I can't imagine what the daily culture is like! I have several more interesting job options lined up and am confident I will land somewhere better than Intuit.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you consider changing price in your strategy?   Answer Question

Group Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

One day intensive interview. Started with a 1 hour meeting with the interview team. I presented a little about myself, and then showcased the 2 projects I'm most proud of. Then I did a demonstration of how I'd solve a real business problem for Intuit. After that, I got to meet with each of the interview team members 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my approach would be to solve a real business problem at Intuit.   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Advisor - Remote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

You will be asked questions as if the interviewer is a customer - basically doing tax research. This is what you will do on the job so it's a reasonable way of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Various tax research questions.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a tough one, three or four technical round of interviews happened & couple of rounds of managerial discussions. But the process was very quick overall & the HR person was very much helpful ...........

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very intense. You will meet with at least 5 team members, who will all ask you are series of challenging questions. Be prepared to answer using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. The culture is very results-driven, so have a lot of data to back up what you have achieved. Be prepared to present, including details about how your life has impacted your career path. They care about culture and want to make sure you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a crisis - how did you apply your learnings to a future situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intuit offers a very competitive salary and out of this world benefits. You'd be kind of crazy to turn them down.