Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a presentation on a topic. First 90 minutes was discussion with a panel of 4 people. Most of the questions were around the presentation, but it covered a number of the topics (security, web design, database design). After that - several one-on-one discussions for 45 minutes each. Some were quite technical questions related to complex fraud processing design, scaling, caching. Some had to do with team dynamics.

Interview Questions

• - How do you refactor a massive code base of 4M LOCs
      - How to scale a system with a number of microservices
      - Cons/pros of using microservices
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

two rounds - one of behavioral and other technical. Interviewer was rude. It took two days to give them the result.

Interview Questions

• Process didn't seem fair. One coding question anagram with different complexities was asked.Other were on resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2016.

Interview

Its a cluster. Very inconsistent and confusing. I had over five people in contact with me serving as recruiters and it was extremely confusing. They had to re-write my offer three times because they keep messing it up. The interviews themselves were good and the engineer was great.

Interview Questions

• Given a list and a number ei {1, 3, 5, 4}, 8 return the pairs of numbers that add together to equal the number ei 1 + 5 = 8 so return {3,5}   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Applied through my university. The questions were not difficult at all. I just attended my school's career fair and they picked me up for an interview. Entire process took 1 day.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty standard. A recruiter call, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final round was a ~4 hr in-person interview with approximately 5 people. Intuit requires an ~20-minute "craft demo" in which you showcase your problem-solving skills as they would apply to the role specifically.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback from a supervisor that surprised you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I applied online directly with Intuit on a Friday and was immediately sent some assessments to complete on call center/customer service/computer skills and behavior decisions. I passed them both bc I was called on Monday for a phone interview with the recruiter. She set me up an in person interview with a manager for Wens. Mostly STAR method questions. Easy going conversation on past experience and skills. No trick questions. Went over the role and expectations. I was called within a few hours and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a deadline.
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick; the whole thing took about 3 days from initial contact to offer. I had one in-person interview and received the offer the same day. Reading the other reviews on Glassdoor was very helpful to me in preparing; they asked a lot of the OOP questions I saw on here that I otherwise wouldn't have thought to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about OOP and Java, and a CTCI data structures question.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview with lead went well. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview with the lead developers and then the architect and finally the manager. Asked to prepare a small craft project for the interview. Spent probably 8 hrs on a great PHP site which was perfect for a small website, only to be told it needed to be in Java. The requirements also specify a login so I did a basic email login but they actually wanted full authentication and session management which was also not specified. Similarly I was asked by HR to prepare a 20 min talk but the hiring manager did not seem interested in hearing the presentation. They said I had a week and should have spent a lot longer on the craft project. After a 30 min interview I don't see how anyone could justify spending 2 or 3 days on an interview project. Need to get HR and the hiring manager on the same page regarding the requirements and the interview process. Please just specify the technologies to use and it will be done, or if you want people to choose the right tool for the job then the solution will not be in Java.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions, no whiteboard coding, no difficult algorithm questions, no OOP design questions. Just basic stuff regarding technology and previous experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewing for Software Engineer Intern. Interviewed on campus. Behavioral interview and Technical interview. Different rooms, different people. Asked a lot about previous projects. Technical interview wasn't too hard- you'll do fine after 2nd year CS classes. Coding on paper in any language and asked to determine the big o notation thing. Behavioral was the usual.

Interview Questions

• Design an Instagram/photo sharing app or site.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of integers, find all pairs that will add to a given integer.   1 Answer
    • Another question that required loop within a loop or hash maps.   Answer Question

TurboTax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I showed interest they contact me I did a virtual interview then 2 assessments follow by a background check and contact me to see if I wanted to accept the position