Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace Hopper in Houston, TX. This was by far the most pleasant interview experience I've ever had!

First was a HackerRank coding challenge, kind of difficult. Then had a phone screen before GHC where we discussed Intuit's values. At GHC, it was a behavioral and technical interview combined, two interviewers. We went over Intuit's values again, and I provided examples of how I've demonstrated them.

Technical questions weren't difficult, but there were a few key details that were important. Interviews were very kind and friendly. At one point, I was asked, "why did you choose a hashmap over a linked list," and got a little flustered. She guided me and noted that I made the correct choice, she just wanted to know my thought process. Very supportive the entire time and genuinely wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've been bold, decisive, fast-learning, etc.   Answer Question
    • How would you implement Venmo?   Answer Question
    • Determine if an input string of ASCII characters contains only unique characters.   Answer Question

Director of Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The entire experience was very positive and the process was very well organized. First I had one phone interview with the recruiter and then another interview with the hiring manager. After this stage I was invited to Intuit Campus at Menlo Park. I was asked to deliver a case presentation which is followed by four 1-1 interviews. Everyone I've met during this process was quite impressive. I have got the impression that Intuit is a great company to work for. Due to some personal reasons unfortunately I have declined their offer.

Interview Questions

• About You: Prepare 5 min about you - personal and professional.

Portfolio of your work:
      Showcase 2 or 3 of your proudest professional achievements and why

Case Study Presentation in relation to the role
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. HR phone screen
    2. Phone screen with Hiring Manager
    3. Phone screen with senior team member
    3. Onsite Presentation
    4. Onsite interview

Interviewers were under prepared. The panel interview was pathetic. One interviewer would ask a question that other one would further explain in a contradictory way. They asked question which kind of implied that the candidate is the only person going to work in the whole organization and he/she would be solely responsible for everything and he/she will not have any tools or pieces of information to make any decision. It's like you do some magic and make things happen.

Interview Questions

• Basic tech interview questions, questions based on experience, role playing, behavioral   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Scranton, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply on line. Then recruiter calls describing job & if you are still interested in the position you are then moved ahead to a time test, then a phone/skills interview. Process was under a week

Interview Questions

• You are asked to prove your skills by answering/and researching tax questions   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online
    Was contacted for phone interview: very basic phone screening questions, interviewer told me to try to stick to the STAR format, very conversational
    Intvited for in person interview: Sat with a current rep on the floor for about 20mins. Made sure to ask questions and get a on idea for the work environment..then Sat for a mock call and answered questions using resources given. Was less about what you may know about the topic and more about how you handle yourself during the call to resolve the customer issues..after mock call went into panel interview. Again they set expectation of STAR format. Basic interview ?'s

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

first interview was mostly behavioral, but still involved quantitative questions - the people who interviewed me were more interested in seeing my approach to business problems / how I think rather than asking questions about my background and personality. They also asked what relevant classes I've taken in school and which classes I will have taken by the start of the internship in the summer.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I have applied several times.i finally received a email asking for a phone interview availability. But before the phone interview I was asked to take an assessment . Then I would receive a phone interview.they hire for several postions but never return call as fast as this time. Must be desperate for people.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a t\echnical phone screen. After passing the phone screen you would get assigned craft work. Craft work being a "take home" project bounded to 3-6 hours where you develop a project. If you pass the craft work you then proceed to an onsite face to face interview that lasts three to four hours. I had a panel and three one on one sessions. Questions started technical and Object Oriented. Others were the more open ended behavioral style that extends the popular STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Face to face consisted of technical questions, STAR behavioral questions, and agile specific questions.   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Support Specialist - Remote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Midlothian, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an informative phone interview with the Talent Acquisition person then a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. I was asked general Customer Service questions and was asked a series of questions that I had to research on TurboTax.com or on Google in order to find the answer. I was given enough time to search for the answer before I was asked the question. Some are easier than others.

Interview Questions

• The usual STARS, tell me a time when..... questions.   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Arrive at location to be greeted by one of the interviewees, escorted to interview room, followed by a presentation of portfolio and a presentation of an assigned case study. Lunch is a one on one interview with someone from the group, a tour of the facility and a wrap up Q/A interview portion.

Interview Questions

• Experience, leadership style, what other would say about you   Answer Question