Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit in May 2017.

Interview

There are some companies where you feel bad when you dont make it through the interview process and then there are some where you thank the heavens. This was definitely the later.

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless once I was put in touch with someone with an open position. I first was connected with a designer through a college job fair - then they put me in touch with the right department and after a preliminary casual chat the actual interview process began. There was one 45 min video call followed by a design challenge and a 2 hour on site review.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job at this stage in your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1. Phone call by Recruiter
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. 4 Rounds of Technical interview onsite

Met 4 members of the team. Each asked a few technical and coding questions. Whiteboarding in 2 out of 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q:Develop a sample MVVM application (Based on my experience with WPF)   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – Recuriter

Welcome to the team!

Director of Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

Excellent initial interview with recruiter, knew his stuff and was very professional.

Main interview with hiring exec was very poor, couldn't take the time to conduct the interview in her office or somewhere less distracting than from the airport, very unprofessional and difficult to hear her. They asked for second interview next day while hiring manager was traveling in a cab from a meeting, again a good reason why Intuit has a huge gap between leadership competencies and people skills.

Incredibly arrogant of a company to conduct senior interviews with or little due care and attention.

Also the hiring manage was greatly under qualified and lacked skills for her own role... good indication of a company to stay clear of.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if you had a difficult member of your team working for you.   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience interviewing with us. This interview sounds very out of the ordinary and we are sorry that it left you feeling negatively about Intuit. I am glad to... More

Strategic Partnerships Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Initial Phone Calls and an onsite. The initial phone calls went great, no surprises.

Unfortunately, the onsite was one of the poorer interview experiences I've ever had. One of the facets of the interview process is to build a case study presentation. In an effort to cover all of my bases, I confirmed with the internal recruiter the details and goals of this case study. Upon finishing my onsite presentation it become clear he had not synced with the hiring team as there was clear confusion on their part for why I structured my case in the way I did. They immediately communicated this to me and told me they would be passing on my candidacy.

Through better team wide communication I feel this could have been avoided and better enabled me for success.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in April 2017.

Interview

I went through three stages of interviews. the first two of them were phone interviews and the third and final interview was a video interview. I applied online and with the help of my school's alumni, got an internal referral. I got a call from a recruiter at Intuit within a week asking if I was still interested in the position.

We scheduled a phone interview a few days after and it was mostly a behavioural interview where I was asked questions relevant to Intuit's values. At the end of the interview I was told that I will have another phone interview in a week with a senior manager via Blue Jeans, an app they use for audio and video meetings. The second interview was about my interest in the field of taxation and the company. The manager was extremely nice and condoned the fact that I was late for the interview by a few minutes.

The third interview was over Blue Jeans again, video this time, with two employees who asked me questions about my academics, my previous work experience, other things on my resume and a few technical questions where I was supposed to research the Internal Revenue Code and walk them through my thought process. They asked me how I would research-which websites etc. and why I wouldn't google for a provision. The video interview was 90 minutes long with a 10 minute break after the first half of about 50 minutes. The second half was 30 minutes long with the senior manager who conducted my second phone interview. She didn't ask any technical questions. Instead she asked me if I had any questions for her. We mostly talked about Intuit, it's values, it's competition and how Intuit was managing it etc. Within 2 days of the final interview, I was extended an offer.

All in all, everyone that I conversed with at Intuit from the people at HR, to the employees and the manager, were extremely nice and helpful and conducted the interview very smoothly by putting me at ease.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

May 26, 2017 – Recuriter

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Pre-screen Interviews
    1 On-site for 4 hours(They call it A4A - Assessing for Awesomeness)
    After all the process, they make you an offer and you will have to accept in 24-48 hrs. They are very competitive with compensation and benefits. No complaints.

Finance Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via my schools career website. The entire process took about three weeks, and was very painless. Everyone from the recruiter to my hiring manager were very friendly and willing to help me with whatever I needed.

Release Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screening with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. On-site/Video (optional depending on location) followed. Interview process was 4 hours compromised of 1:1 interviews (3 in total) and a 1 hr presentation on a case study that was provided a couple days before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Provided a case study on how I would approach managing an enterprise software upgrade.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

A 15 minute phone screen followed a week later by an all day interview process (5 one-on-one interviews plus one with the hiring manager). It went well, but I wish they'd designed the day so that it included breaks for bathroom and to give my brain a rest.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

We are so happy you had a positive experience! Thank you for sharing with the community.