Intuit Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with two levels of HR then the hiring manager then onsite CRAFT presentation and individual interviews with co-team
AGE DESCRIMINTATION - When I walked in you could see it on their face. They booted me after the first hour very rudely.
Was told HR would follow up with feedback as to why. NEVER heard from anyone. Very disappointed in the overall company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, learned about the details of the position, what the manager wants, why it's open. 30 minute phone screen with the manager- dug into my background and their expectations, team dynamics. Then an in person interview, meeting with 5 people 1on1 for 45 minutes each. It was great. Not intimidating but they asked the right questions. Told me everything I could want to know about the team, company, likes, dislikes etc.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to discuss specific examples of your past performance. You can't sugarcoat it, they want to know examples, how you handled it, what the outcome was. No right/wrong answers, I think they want to see your approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very straight forward. Had discussed salary with the recruiter in my initial conversations

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of interviews with the HR manager, the director, VP, financial manager, and the team I would manage. Ten hours total and three separate days. The interviewers seem unprepared, and weren't able to answer basic questions like what a typical day would be like for the position or what the top priorities are the first few months.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions. The group interview of my direct reports was the hardest because some of the people had applied for the job. Mostly they were concerned with moral because the climate had been dysfunctional (severely) and they wanted a positive boss.ering boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. I got a small sign on bonus, but was hired in way lower than mid range (found out later), because the hiring person wasn't honest in the negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in March 2009.

Interview

Intuit bases all interview question on the "s.t.a.r.s" approach. Answer every question with a situation, the task, what you attempted to do or the action, what were the results of those actions. Do that for every question and you are fine. Most questions are sophmoric. They barely follow-up. They read a guide and most likely you will get the same variation of the question over and over

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did something and the results were not favorable   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2009.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, 1:1 style with 3 different managers. They all seemed to ask me similar questions, but in different words. Recruiter contacted me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• The way the questions were framed was the most unexpected. They are looking for answers to be given in the context of what you did or how you handled a specific situation, not just in general context.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2007.

Interview

Intuit's interviewing process can be very long, so be prepared. I was a returning Intuit employee who had been away from the company for a few years. Even so, from beginning to end it took almost a month to get through the interviews, receive an offer, and get hired.

The interviewers were prepared, asked thoughtful questions, and seemed genuinely interested in my background and what value I could bring to Intuit. One of the things I did that really struck a chord with people I interviewed with was I took the specifics of the job description (what they were looking for) and broke it up into segments. I put that into a table and then in the right column, I listed exact experience I had that related directly to that portion of what they were looking for. I had enough copies of those to staple to my resume. That went over very well, as then people didn't have to take as many notes and they could reference it easily later.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2011.

Interview

Extremely professional conduct by the recruiter as well as the interviewer. Recruiter went through a basic checklist. Scheduled phone interview with hiring manager which lasted approximately 30 minutes. Interview was mostly behavioral.

Recruiter got back to me the following day via email next day with reject.

Advise: Prepare for behavioral interview. Ensure you have sufficient examples from most recent job.