Intuit Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Intuit Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the recruiter and then the hiring manager before being invited to fly in for an on-site interview. I was notified that I was being considered for two different positions so I was scheduled to meet with members of both teams.

Once on-site, I had to present and answer questions regarding a case study that I prepared. Following my presentation, those in the room left to debrief. I then met one-on-one or in pairs with several members of the team. Entire on-site interview process took about one full day. Everyone I met with seemed extremely intelligent.

Following my on-site interview, I was given a timeline for when I should expect to hear about next steps. I didn’t hear back as promised so I followed up and was told that they wanted me to do another phone interview with a team member I hadn’t met with in person. Following that interview, I was given another timeline for next steps. After not hearing anything again, I continued to follow up. Ultimately, I told the recruiter that despite my interest in the position, I had another offer on the table so I needed an answer by a certain date. I never heard back from them regarding either position.

Even though I ended up at a great company, it's always frustrating when recruiters go silent following an interview. I'd rather be told that I'm not the best candidate for the position than be told nothing at all.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from my past experience, thoughts on market strategies, and brain teaser style questions.   1 Answer

Jun 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; it's invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They don't waste a lot of time advancing you as a candidate if interested. Unfortunately, they also screwed me over in the final round by postponing the interview to a date I couldn't make, then went radio silent, and extended an offer to someone else. I had to contact them to find out what happened to rescheduling. Had I not put in hours for my Craft Demonstration I wouldn't be as livid, but I found it completely unprofessional to waste candidates time like they did mine.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting about Intuit?   1 Answer

Oct 3, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

We apologize for the negative experience that you had. We will make sure that this feedback is provided to the Marketing Recruiting team. Please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com if you'd like... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

the process was short and to the point. A very effective process where i felt that pace of our interaction was very appropriate. everyone there seems to work hard and is quite enthusiastic about improving and expanding

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good fit for intuit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Step 1: 30-minute phone screen with the recruiter
    Step 2: 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager for the role
    Step 3: 30-minute phone interview with another team member to judge foreign language proficiency required for role
    Step 4: 3-hour in-person interview. 1-hour craft presentation with 4 team members, followed by 3 traditional interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your company had a problem and you solved it creatively.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The most efficient interview process ever. Recruiter called for a screening on Monday, Hiring Manager called on Tuesday, I came in for a interview in person on Friday. I received the answer on Monday following - 1 week! The in person interview is a panel interview (hiring manager and 2 internal folks) - you will present for 30 minutes then do 1:1 interviews with each person. 2-3 hours and you're done. You typically will receive an answer that evening.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, had an initial phone call with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a 4-hour onsite with a team of four. During the four-hour onsite, I had to review my favorite accomplishments and why I selected them. While the process was a bit long, I thought every question and assignment was very fair and there wasn't anything I wouldn't have asked a candidate myself. I was very open throughout the process about my strengths, weaknesses, and career aspirations, and that seemed to go over well with the interview team. Overall it was a great experience, and every single person was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• If you had one final shot to convince me, what would be your pitch?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for sharing your interview experience with the Glassdoor community. Welcome to the Intuit team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

3 phone interviews: recruiter, hiring mgr and the mgr that was previously in the role. An additional call with the recruiter to clarify the role. Invite for an onsite which consisted of a 'craft presentation' - 5 mins about yourself, 15 mins portfolio of your work, craft preso/case study. This is followed by 1:1s with each team member that attended the presentation. Needless to say, exhaustive.

While I have the utmost respect and admiration for Intuit, I would not go through the interview process again. It is needlessly long and more exhausting than any other I've been through. And I've been through many of the panel interviews at other large tech firms. While they attempt to make the process positive for the candidates by giving immediate feedback on your final interview, this is overshadowed by the needless inclusion of the 'craft presentation'. While sure there are learnings gained from putting together the presentation, there's no doubt it's also demoralizing for the candidate to put in all the work, present personal plans and strategies and walk away with nothing. The 10-12 interview panel process from other tech companies I find fair - Intuit's process crosses the line. If a myriad of interviews isn't sufficient to understand a candidates potential fit then something's wrong.

It's unfortunate because the recruiters I dealt with were excellent and the opportunity to discuss the interview and feedback once the process was complete was fantastic - certainly a very rare opportunity. Unfortunately the inclusion of the craft presentation ruins it all. I would not want to be on the other end as a hiring manager and have to sit through these.

Interview Questions

• Very few questions on the case study I prepared which was disappointing as the recruiter said to focus on this as the questions will be specific to the case study. Other questions were common questions regarding my strategic approach if I were in the role, how I'd handle particularly difficult situations and how I'd megatask considering the workload.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and called me on a Public holiday for an impromptu interview later in the day. The interview lasted for about 45min and I was told the "urgency" was due to the fact the hiring manager want to meet with the candidates the following week.

I've heard nothing from them after one week, not even a rejection email or whatever. I follow up with an email but was not replied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter to talk about available openings and if there was anything that might be a match with my experience. The Recruiter was AMAZING. I've dealt with many and this one ranks in the top 3. Had a phone screen with the Hiring Manager that lasted 30 minutes (not near enough time to really determine whether this was a good fit either way. Was asked to come in for face to face interviews totaling 3+ hours. I was given a Case Study to review and was asked to create key take-aways and present my findings for the face to face interview. I presented the case and the team decided afterwards that I was not a right fit for the position so I didn't finish the interview process. They were gracious in telling me I wasn't the right fit, but I would have preferred not to waste my time or theirs (I spent 5 hours prepping the study) prior to the face to face interview. They need to do a better job of pre-screening candidates before they ask them to commit the time to the Case Study preparation. The marketing positions at Intuit are almost exclusively 'technical' positions so creative marketers: look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Most questions in the first portion of the interview were related to the Case Study and my findings or recommendations. I was asked to prepare to talk about a favorite past project (for 10 minutes) and then present the study. They throw curve balls at you during the Case Study so be prepared to "flex", i.e. the terms of the Case have changed (new focus, new budget, etc.). Evidently flexing and changing priorities is something they do often and they want to make sure you are a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Quick, efficient, got to meet important team members. I was actually quite impressed with how quickly the team responded and me into a desired position. They require that you meet with multiple people across teams but I found this helpful to navigate who does what right off the bat instead of going in blindly.