Intuit Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

Updated Jun 1, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1. Phone call by Recruiter
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. 4 Rounds of Technical interview onsite

Met 4 members of the team. Each asked a few technical and coding questions. Whiteboarding in 2 out of 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q:Develop a sample MVVM application (Based on my experience with WPF)   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – Recuriter

Welcome to the team!

Strategic Partnerships Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Initial Phone Calls and an onsite. The initial phone calls went great, no surprises.

Unfortunately, the onsite was one of the poorer interview experiences I've ever had. One of the facets of the interview process is to build a case study presentation. In an effort to cover all of my bases, I confirmed with the internal recruiter the details and goals of this case study. Upon finishing my onsite presentation it become clear he had not synced with the hiring team as there was clear confusion on their part for why I structured my case in the way I did. They immediately communicated this to me and told me they would be passing on my candidacy.

Through better team wide communication I feel this could have been avoided and better enabled me for success.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on ... More

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. I was invited on-site and had to present a case study with my ideas on how to tackle the strategy for the main responsibilities of the position. The whole process was great, fairly quick, and the people I met with were all very intelligent and friendly. I unfortunately took another offer, but was so impressed with the caliber of people there.

Senior Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Worst interview experience EVER. YMMV, but I will absolutely not recommend this company to any of my acquaintances.

12/13/16: Applied for this position online

2/1/17: A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a date for a phone screening / informational interview.

2/2/17: I spoke to the recruiter about myself and my professional history. I asked about the role itself, what they are looking for, and touched a little on the company culture. She was very professional and had a unique way of doing things. She avoided behavioral questions as she said that it wouldn't help to know me as a person. She was very transparent about the salary range, which was within my expectation. After the interview, we scheduled a date for a phone interview with the hiring manager on 2/8/17.

2/8/17: Something came up with the manager. Interview was pushed forward to 2/10/17.

2/10/17: Pleasant interview with the usual behavioral questions. It felt more like a back and forth conversation, which was great. The hiring manager made me feel very at ease, and allowed me to ask more about the role and company culture. On the same day, the recruiter reached out to me and invited me to interview on site, and said that she would contact me soon with further information.

2/13/17: The recruiter sent me a list of things I needed to prepare for the on site interview. It would be a craft demo with a panel of team members and managers consisting of a 5 minute About Me presentation, a 15 minute Work Portfolio, and the business case study, which was to analyze user feedback and spot trends. This craft demo would then be followed by 1:1 interviews with each of these panel members, and finally a same day decision. She mentioned that she would have a date by 2/24/17.

Here's where it gets fun. I spend day and night preparing for behavioral questions, craft demo presentation slides, research, tons and tons of research. I reached out to Intuit employees for informational interviews, people within my network who use QuickBooks Online for user feedback, even going as far as to volunteer to work for small business for free to better understand and empathize with the problems they faced day to day while using their product. I reached out to my PMs and colleagues in hopes that they would give some advice and feedback on my presentation and presentation skills (my contract at the company was ending, so everyone was more than supportive). Basically, I did my homework and went the extra mile for this job. It was an all day affair for a good two weeks.

2/24/17: No news until I sent a follow up email. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator replied later, saying that she is anticipating a date of 3/27/17, which is a month later, but would have a concrete date for me by Monday of the following week. I was fine with this, considering the amount of time I've already spent preparing.

2/27/17 - 2/28/17: No news, no replies

3/1/17: In her own words, "I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There have been some changes in the job requirements. They have chosen to pull this requisition at this time. It may be posted at another time. I still believe you have great skills and would like to keep in touch with you. Would this be ok with you?

3/15/17 (Today): I found out that the requisition for this position wasn't pulled, but instead the position was filled, and that person has been working in that role since February. Given the benefit of a doubt, this person may have started on the 28th of February (On a Friday..unusual?). I was not given a chance to interview, and even if I was, mine was scheduled at the end of March, and this person was hired some time in February?

This company clearly does not value the effort their candidates put into applying. I'm fairly sure that I wasn't the only one affected, but in the end, nothing I say or do will change anything with my candidacy, and I've learned to accept that. My only hopes is that someone sees this and reconsiders applying for this company. One employee told me that Intuit lives and breathes their core values. But, it's pretty apparent to me that transparency isn't one of them.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview ... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

As represented. 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 4 managers. Took a lot of time to prepare for, but not unmanageable and felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Big focus was a case study, and also a lot of questions about being innovative.   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and congratulations on becoming part of Intuit. We are excited to have you on the team!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen was quite detailed and went into particular details of my technical skills and he took a lot of notes. I next spoke with the hiring manager which was a quick rundown of my previous work. This was followed by the onsite where I met with multiple members of the team individually and together. Some technical, some business knowledge questions. The team made me feel at ease and the interview process itself was great. The recruiting team was pretty on point in getting back to me and keeping me in the loop and I got an offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Domain specific questions and technical related to the role.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Step 1: 30-minute phone screen with the recruiter
    Step 2: 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager for the role
    Step 3: 30-minute phone interview with another team member to judge foreign language proficiency required for role
    Step 4: 3-hour in-person interview. 1-hour craft presentation with 4 team members, followed by 3 traditional interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your company had a problem and you solved it creatively.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview process sounded interesting. First phone interview with hiring manager and then a panel interview where the interviewee presents a demo on a topic that the hiring manager has chosen. Lastly, break out interviews with the entire panel 1:1
    The problem was with the interview itself. It was an interrogation more than an interview. Every question was being asked to steal ideas and not to gauge how I would be right for the position. Extremely negative experience! Will never go there again and will also warn friends and family.

Interview Questions

• How did you do it? How will you do this in our situation? Give us detailed steps and all detailed ideas on how you will accomplish this? How will you solve this problem? Give us detailed steps on how you will solve this problems. Give us creative ideas on how we can accomplish all of the things we want to in the next 1-2 years.   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me based on my LinkedIn profile. I must say HR was extremely helpful throughout the process, and helped through each phase of the process.

I began with 1/1 with the hiring manager... followed by an on-site craft demo / case study
    presentation to a panel of senior leadership at Intuit.

Everyone was very smart, knew their subjects, and yet extremely humble.