Find jobs for Product Designer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Intuit Product Designer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 1.8K interviews

Employee Referral20%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Intuit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Even though I didn’t understand why they gave me a craft study for take away, I mean my portfolio does same work. I didn’t find value in doing it. But, they might have their own reasons and studies. I went through all the rounds and it was a great experience. I’d really love to call out the experience after my rounds. HR consultant was really proactive in sharing result and also called to explain what everyone appreciated. Today, in my experience I have not seen HR personally calling you to inform the decision and talk about positive things. I was feeling low after the rejection but this one call made it alright. So, to appreciate culture Intuit holds, I’m posting my review. Big shout out to Recruiter Anusha for her gesture.

Interview Questions
  • Craft presentation and questions on that
    Answer Question
  • Behavioural and hypothetical situation questions
  • Questions on my portfolio work I showcased.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

Recruiting screener: no complaints, recruiter is super nice Portfolio presentation with hiring manager: started to notice red flags right away. I had 45 minutes and this hiring manager wanted to spend like 20 minutes on understanding an artifact in my case study that was intended for engineers with deep domain knowledge, rather than ask questions about my design process and approach during my time on the project. I could tell right away that she was looking for reasons to reject me and not move me to the next round. I kinda suspect she had another person in the pipeline she probably already knew. The final interview was unnecessarily difficult. I was given a design assignment that took 20 hours to complete, had to present that in addition to another case study and RIGHT after, was in back to back interviews with the same people who watched my presentation. I was told that this was going to be a casual day and the presentation was really a conversation tool so I kept the content general and light. WRONG. No one asked me any questions during the 60 minutes, they took notes and were messaging eachother while I was talking and then in the interviews, I went through 3 rounds of very nit picky design critique, you know, now that I'm exhausted and was expecting a more casual conversation. Particularly alarming was a question about my design assignment, where they asked me if I considered the possibility that the problem statement I was given needed to be altered? Um no, I am assuming that I am being set up for success by this department, that they gave me the right problem statement and that they aren't playing games with their prospective hires. Again, there's this expectation I sense that candidates need to read manager's minds somehow and avoid their "traps" which is very toxic, unhealthy behavior. The head design manager was also repeatedly asking me to give very specific details about the solutions my team explored, which is unnecessary to understand my process and a total red flag since I work for an intuit competitor and he was asking me to provide proprietary information. Super uncomfortable the whole time. I get that they pay well but wow this toxicity does not seem worth it.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Can you give examples of when there were multiple solutions considered on a team and how you chose to move forward with one over another? Q: How do you want to grow at Intuit?
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Intuit

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Intuit

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview started with a recruiter, then with hr, and then with the design manager and two senior members of the design team to review the portfolio and after that with a product manager.

Interview Questions
  • What is you design process? Tell me more about your design decisions? How to collaborate with a product manager?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and several rounds of video interviews and a final design challenge interview. In the end, I was told that they plan to find a contractor for this role...............

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in Mar 2021

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and helpful. The interviewers were also pretty awesome as well. Standard process: recruiter call and one round of design exercise with interviewers. Everything was pretty straight forward and questions were quite basic. HOWEVER, after I spent at least 8 hours prepping for the interview (researching & doing design challenge) and taking the time to meet the team, the recruiter COMPLETELY ghosted me. I was informed I will find out on a Monday. After Monday, I followed up and asked if there's any change in the timeline because I had an offer to get back to. No response at all. At least have the courtesy to send a follow up after a candidate spend hours on the process. Extremely disrespectful.

Interview Questions
  • Have you considered using ___ method for the design process?

Intuit

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit in Dec 2020

Interview

Was connected by a friend for an informational call with the hiring manager. Formally applied with an internal referral. Met with the hiring manager. Role ended up getting filled, but they kept my resume on file. Didn't hear back.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA