Intuit Product Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Product Management Interview Questions

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

"Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on your sense of right vs. for personal gain" - I believe that integrity is key for any hiring process and ensuring that there is a "lack of unconscious bias" - I found the hiring process at Intuit - Opaque, Dishonest and my belief is one person’s inclination to hire from their place of comfort (old company) negated all the positive feedback from the interview panel – why even have an interview process and put external candidates through such a grueling process, if you are already biased a certain way. In conclusion - the process shouldn't be coined - "A for Awesome - it should be A for Atrocious !!! “

I made it through the HR screen, Hiring Manager 1:1 and the interview panel with flying colors - My understanding of the process is that it is extremely transparent and the decision is made by the Interview Panel - you present a business case and then go through a series of interview with a reasonably senior panel - the process is this is where it ends and a decision is made by the panel and the interviewee is given a thumbs up or thumbs down. The process was clearly not followed in my case - definitely one of the worst interview processes I have put myself through!

If you have an upcoming interview focus on the following areas -
(A) PM Aspects - how you prioritize your backlog - your thought process, your strategic view, opinions on technology trends
(B) Behavioral Aspects - Be humble about your successes and candid about your failures and your learnings from the experience
(C) Team Management Style

Unfortunately as I said the selection process is extremely random ( there is a lot of in-breeding ..i.e, they will pick a random internal candidate ( moving an executive from Finance to Marketing just because they can) vs. hiring a qualified candidate from the outside) - so if it doesn't materialize, it's is not you, it's them :)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I complete an in-person interview at a conference held my an affiliated organization. The recruiter then scheduled a follow-up with the Director of Product Management. This began a series of phone interviews the following week. Two were conducted by the Director, one by the Group Product Manager, and two more by other Product Managers on the team. Following the phone interviews was a short notice on-site interview. The on-site interview entailed a casepresentation/craft demonstration depending on level of experience, a lunch interview with another team Product Manager, a follow-up interview with a different team Product Manager, and a same-day decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about understanding how your customers feel about your product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two Skype interviews (my case was unusual because it was later in the hiring process and I couldn't come for an in-person interview). Phone interview was with a recruiter and the Skype interviews were with a couple of senior product managers. There were mostly behavioral questions and they asked me to describe an idea I had for an app (see below).

Interview Questions

• Say you're a small business owner and have employees that you pay on an hourly basis, walk me through your idea/design for an app that tracks how many hours your employees have been working   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Interview

I have been using their product for a while now and have heard a lot of good things about the company but the recruiting process is really infuriating. HR and the recruiting team should understand that they are the Intuit frontier. The way they treat their candidates is nothing shy of saying “we enjoy wasting your time and talent”. It really baffles me to think that a company whose very roots and principles are based on customer focussed approach falls short on providing that mediocre experience (forget unexceptional) that an interviewing candidate deserves.

Here’s a snapshot of what I had to go through:

The recruiter called me and literally sold me on the position which is one level below of my current designation. Recruiter connected with me on an interpersonal level talking about a great work life balance and super nice people. Makes you wanna think — Intuit, ooh dream company. Right? Read up.

After our talk I was really impressed and excited. So I decided to go for it. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager within a week. Call went well and was asked to come on site for a in-person. I sent a couple of emails to the recruiter with my availability and didn’t receive any response until two weeks after. When I received an email, it was to come for an onsite interview for 5 hours the next day. Obviously I had to say no.

One week after that I was scheduled for an onsite. The night before and the day of the interview I kid you not, the timing and interview panel changed on me like 4 times. In the three weeks that I was waiting for the recruiter to schedule an onsite, I had asked for white-papers/company product blogs that I should look into. No response at all.

Day of the interview – met with the team. All great people. Got a really good vibe. I think the interview went well on both ends. The reason I can say this is because I was asked for references the next day and that usually is a good sign based on my past experience. Provided the references to which the recruiter replied right away like three times. A week goes by and no word. Then I am asked to meet with a few other folks on the team for an in-person. Once that was scheduled, I filed for a half-day from work. Now the night before, the recruiter sends me an email that the interview is canceled and that the recruiter will reach out to me shortly.

It’s been more than a month (5 weeks) now since I have received any emails/calls from the recruiter. I have a sent follow up emails but haven’t heard anything back yet. Wait — couple weeks ago recruiter called me and left a message asking for a call back. I called back a couple times, left messages but no reply. So it’s been 3 weeks since then but overall 5 weeks since I have had any correspondence with Intuit.

So at this point, I take it as maybe I wasn’t the right fit for the role and MAYBE (I hope) this was an INTUITIVE APPROACH (pun intended) that Intuit took to update candidates.
    Everyone in the valley understands if there is a good fit or not but wasting a candidates time by going to such lengths is really pathetic. I really hope that the recruiting is looking at these valuable reviews and helping build the right processes to be followed.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but the scenario questions tend to take a toll on you after a few hours   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

After staffing agency was asked to present candidates by a deadline, Intuit was very slow to respond to staffig agency and did not initiate phone screens until 5 weeks later. Company is trying to change to SaaS and is interested in experience managing change. If you are applying to multiple positions and don't click with one hiring manager, you will most likely not have a chance at the other position -- the company values collaboration and the negative impressin on one hiring manager will disqualify you for the other position.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview

Very professional recruitment team. Provided detailed expectations and conducted follow up in a very timely manner and provided coaching though the process.