Intuit Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I had a first round interview and they flew me up to Mountain View for my second round interview. Both were pretty similar and pretty short (about 1 hour). Both involved a case study and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit in May 2017.

Interview

There are some companies where you feel bad when you dont make it through the interview process and then there are some where you thank the heavens. This was definitely the later.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

As represented. 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 4 managers. Took a lot of time to prepare for, but not unmanageable and felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Big focus was a case study, and also a lot of questions about being innovative.   Answer Question

Intuit Response

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and congratulations on becoming part of Intuit. We are excited to have you on the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk with a couple recruiters, flew out to first interview which was very casual. Second round interview on Skype, which had more technical questions. Recruiters were very nice but took sometime relaying a result.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to determine a successful product?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

“Phone Interview and Interview at Plano TX location. Interview over the phone was good. recruiters were knowledgeable. Interview at Plano location with two directors who recently joined Intuit. The first director asked Management consulting type question like profit estimation. The other director was more into the product management and discussed in depth my experience. Got a feeling that they were not sure if it was Product Manger interview or consultant or were they looking for a Product Manager with IT skills etc. My opinion is that they were confused and I was not very impressed with their directors.

Interview Questions

• General or Management consulting type. Depending on what their previous experience is   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online over 3+ months ago via the Intuit job portal and waited 3 months before the internal recruiter called me back to see if I was still interested. Then a week later had phone screen with the hiring manager.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

tech, marketing product management interviewees. Each interview is normall one hour and it culminates with a director interviewing you. It goes very smooth and doesn't require much time. They are pretty professional about getting things moving quickly too.

Negotiation

pretty smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. Process involved initial phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager followed by onsite interview with a team of 5 interviewers - hiring manager, couple of product managers, marketing and engineering reps.

Interviewers were fairly professional. Intuits interviews tend to be mostly behavioral in nature tending towards the type of how would you respond in a particular situation? what is your approach in xyz scenario? Felt that there was an emphasis on going lean too. The engineering lead was specifically probing on areas around lean product development. Nothing technical involved. This is ideal for a PM generalist. It did seem that they had an interesting approach to product management where customers are engaged fairly intimately with the product design and development process.

Biggest gripe was with the recruiter. No communication after weeks from the onsite interview and i see the same position reposted too on their site. Even if the decision is obvious, it fairly reflects their lack of professionalism and that is consistent with similar experiences from other candidates in this forum.

Interview Questions

• Laborius STAR format questions - tell me about a time when X happened resulting in Y and you did Z to resolve that? same format to themes like conflict resolution, removing roadblocks, favorite consumer product, biggest challenge and etc. etc....interviewees should have the following nailed down :
      1) why intuit and this role?
      2) why leave you current role?
      3) what are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview

Resume review. Phone screens. Full-day interview with cross-functional team members representing product management, marketing, engineering. Follow-up calls with the recruiter. Got to know the company a lot more, which is partly what sold me on wanting to work there. Also really helps (as always) to also have someone who knows you, who works there, to help advocate for you.

Interview Questions

• Case study, recommending how to market a new product.   1 Answer