Intuit Interview Questions in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and two days later was scheduled for an in-person interview at Intuit's Reno office. I arrived 20 minutes before the scheduled time and was asked to wait in the lobby, shortly after I was escorted by the hiring manager to the interview room and 3 minutes later the interview began with 3 hiring managers questioning one by one.

Interview Questions

• How long I've been working a Risk Analyst? And what is it that I do?   Answer Question
    • How do I differentiate high-risk accounts from the ones with normal activity?   Answer Question
    • On an encounter with an irate customer, how do I respond and provide a resolution?   Answer Question

Intuit Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are glad you had a positive experience. Best of luck to you!

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter, then with hiring manager. Case study work and then a panel interview over video conferencing system. Group and then 2 on 1, 1 on 1, followed by hiring manager wrap up.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions, none stood out as being particularly original.   Answer Question

Release Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screening with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. On-site/Video (optional depending on location) followed. Interview process was 4 hours compromised of 1:1 interviews (3 in total) and a 1 hr presentation on a case study that was provided a couple days before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Provided a case study on how I would approach managing an enterprise software upgrade.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn multiple times. I didn't pay attention at first as I was happy at my then current company. One day I decided to look up Intuit and was really impressed with the company culture. I responded to the recruiter and told him I would like to see what Intuit has to offer. He and I had a 30 minute interview which went well. He said he would like me to speak with the hiring manager. 2 hours later he had an interview set up with her for later in the week.

2nd interview was with hiring manager and on-site manager, even though my interview was over the phone. They asked the normal interview questions and I spoke to my current job and accomplishments. That lasted about 45 minutes. They said I would hear from the recruiter. I received a call from him the next day saying the interview went well and they would like me to complete a technical interview. Unfortunately my current work schedule did not work with their timing, so the interview was put off for a couple weeks. I assumed they would call me back at some point before the technical interview and tell me the position had been filled. Fortunately for me, they waited so I could do the technical interview.

3rd interview was the technical interview. It was awesome! Nerve-wracking, but awesome. I logged into their test Salesforce environment and the interviewer asked me to do a host of things. Being someone who had been burned before by people saying they have Salesforce skills, and finding out that was not the case, I loved this. This interview lasted about an hour. I blew a couple things due to nerves and assumed I had blown my chance. I got a call the next day from the recruiter and was told they would like me back for a 4th interview. The interview would be on-site and would be a panel interview. They also asked me to bring an electronic portfolio of the work I have done and be prepared to answer a case study question. They would provide me the case study question the night before. They also said to expect this interview to take 3-4 hours.

4th interview was on-site with 1 manager and the other 3 managers were joining via webmeeting. It was really cool to do a panel interview remotely. The first 15 minutes was introductions and then the next 45 was presenting my portfolio. After the first hour, we took at 15 minute break. The 2nd hour consisted of my case study response. It took about 45 mins and then we took another 10 minute break. The 3rd hour was me speaking to 2 other managers that have the role I was applying for. It felt very relaxed and they explained what their day looks like and we compared it to what I currently did. After an hour we took another 10 minute break. Then it was time to meet with the hiring manager. We spoke for about 40 minutes and it just felt relaxed. I dont have another word for it. My personality was allowed to come through and the hiring manager spoke to the Intuit culture. At that point I was hooked. This interview was on Friday afternoon.

Late that following Monday afternoon the recruiter called and said they wanted to talk offer. We went over everything and the offer they gave me felt too good to be true. He said he needed to put the offer together and get sign-off on it. I assumed it would be a couple days longer. I received a call early the next morning and he said the offer was accepted by leadership and he wanted to send it to me for signing. I had the offer in my email less than 3 minutes later. I looked through it a few times, consulted with my wife and chose to accept. I signed it electronically and it was in their hands.

They were respectful that I wanted to give my current company a months notice. In that time they did the background checks and everything went well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

All within the same week:
    1.) Online application sent on website
    2.) Email response asking to go through a behavioral quiz and a computerized job simulation (very easy, just picked obvious questions. "If someone is mean to you, do you A. Swear at them? or B. Politely ask them to stop...)
    3.) Email response asking for a 20 minute phone interview. Behavioral S.T.A.R. questions (google it). Very easy, but the recruiter was clearly an intern and somewhat awkward/clueless/new at the job. This actually made it easier. We then scheduled an in person interview.
    4.) This was supposed to be 1 hour, but was actually 1.5 - 2 hours. Initially, the interviewers were late - but they did apologize. There was 30-45 minutes of behavioral STAR questions - standard stuff, just do a bit of research online and prepare some answers. Although the interview was 2 on 1, I felt very comfortable. We chit-chatted and joked between questions. Following this, there was a phone test in which I sat in a separate room and given 1.5 pages to study. With this amount of information they gave on the pages, I suspected there was no way I was expected to memorize all of it, so I began simply organizing the information and putting it into groups under keywords. When the test phone call came, it was very easy for me. I was simply polite and referred to the sheet of notes (K.I.S.S.). Finally, they job shadowed a rep for about 15-20 minutes. I was able to see what the job would actually be like, and I really appreciated this.
    5.) Offer came the day afterwords (after agreeing to a background check). Non-negotiable wage. $15.00/hour

Interview Questions

• What was one time you gave outstanding service to a customer?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you went too long before asking for help?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you had to work with someone who wasn't doing their fair share of work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Be prepared for a behavioral interview, "Tell me about a time when, ...". Lots of questions on delighting customers, improving processes, working with teammates, and developing partners. Be positive. Share names of internal employees who recommended you and why you think your values and daily mission support moving the business forward from good to great! Share the whole story, don't forget results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you worked thru a challenging work relationship...   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through linkedin and arranged for a technical discussion. The technical round is usually a call with a webex where couple of technical questions and a small program is asked to be coded.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a HTML 5 page to parse JSON data
      2. Couple of basic SQL questions and Data Modelling
      3. Java Programme to find avg sal per employee based on the case given.   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter through LinkedIn. There were 3 rounds in all. Two of them telephonic and one onsite interview. But the whole process lasted about 3-4 months !!!

The first round was Okay with senior developer, second round was mostly managerial questions with the product manager. The final and onsite interview had 4 rounds...the questions asked were not that difficult..but they wanted to make sure that they are hiring the right candidate. :)

They asked both technical and HR questions throughout.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bit..but no to the extent I would have liked.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

Two interviews, beware of recruiter, they will tell you it is for sales and billing but it is not. if you are not ready for a job working with tax laws, form filing, and tech support, do not take this job. It is not billing and sales

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in March 2012.

Interview

Your were interviewed by several people and were given a keyboard test. The interview process took a very long time between interviewers. The entire process was around 45 days with no communication inbetween interviwers.

Interview Questions

• If OI could do anything in the world to make a living what would it be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given an offer and I took it.