Intuit Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter after my resume was posted on Indeed. I had a tax quiz with the recruiter, I passed that then I was scheduled for a phone interview. After the 15 min phone interview I was called in for an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly. It seemed they were just trying to get a feel if I were a good fit for the team.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens, one with recruiter, one with hiring manager, in-person interview with 4 people which required presentation and case study. In person interview was 3.5 hours. Many hours of prep for me. The interview questions were tough but fairly standard. I really liked the set-up. It was hard, but thorough. and I felt the rigor around it was a positive. There were some delays in the whole process due to time of year/vacations, but recruiter kept in touch with me the whole time. You can tell they care about people. Good company, I'm impressed. Within 24 hours of interview I received a brief email telling me I didn't get the job. I'd say that was the only area where I felt could be improved. After a month and a lot of investment of time and energy I felt blown off. They don't owe me anything, but I could have love to know where I was strong and where I was weak.

Interview Questions

• Who in your company is most critical of you and why?
      When is a time you took a risk and failed?   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process here requires that you prove what you know. It's not a trivia test like most technical interview. You won't get the question, "What's the command for doing X." That's what Google is for. If you're applying for a programming position, you can expect to program at your interview. While you're programming you have all of your normal resources available to you. Need Google? Sure! That's not a license to search around for 5 minutes looking for an approach. Everything you do is being evaluated.

Interview Questions

• You're questioned on the work that you present or completed at the interview   1 Answer

Intuit Response

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. HR phone screen
    2. Phone screen with Hiring Manager
    3. Phone screen with senior team member
    3. Onsite Presentation
    4. Onsite interview

Interviewers were under prepared. The panel interview was pathetic. One interviewer would ask a question that other one would further explain in a contradictory way. They asked question which kind of implied that the candidate is the only person going to work in the whole organization and he/she would be solely responsible for everything and he/she will not have any tools or pieces of information to make any decision. It's like you do some magic and make things happen.

Interview Questions

• Basic tech interview questions, questions based on experience, role playing, behavioral   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application online, HR reached out two weeks later, then had two phone interviews, and then an onsite interview with various team members. The HR person was constantly in touch with me and was incredibly responsive. They never left me hanging and had great follow up. Overall, interview process was quite possibility one of the best and most professional ones I've had thus far.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions and situational questions.

1. Can you share a time you had a conflict with an employee or had a challenging situation and how did you resolve?

2. Can you share with me one issue you have with social media?

3. Why do you wanna work here?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me recently, knowing me very well from an interview with the company I did a few years ago that did not work out. I had kept in touch over the years. Recruiter thought of some openings that would be a good fit for me so put me in touch with hiring manager.
    Basically process consisted of a phone call with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager who asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions, followed by a half day meeting and interviewing on site. Questions were very thorough- they like to get deep on technical questions while also understanding soft skills very well. All questions asked were reasonable, albeit difficult in some cases. That is, no one asked pointless condescending technical questions or irrelevant brain teasers. All conversations were targeted and relevant to actual work needing to be done at Intuit. Also, every single interview always made sure I got time to ask a billion of my own questions.
    Feedback process was quick. Never had more than 36 hours go by without hearing from a recruiter or hiring manager by phone or email. Absolutely excellent talent acquisition team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer. Interview is challenging, but understandably so. Hard work to be done at Intuit, but seems like the company rewards compensates accordingly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through a phone call after I applied online.
    We went through a series of email contacts until I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with a member of the team I was supposed to work with.
    The interview was mainly behavioral

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you dealt with.
      What is your comfort level with Ruby and Bootstrap.   Answer Question

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Intuit provides a case study a few days prior to the interview. You will need to prepare a recommendation for that case study in addition to showing examples of your best work.

Widget Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call with lots of high-level questions about JavaScript, followed by a 2-hour in-person interview that included waterboarding, er, whiteboarding. And more questions about JS/ES6, React, Node, and Rails. They said they would have an answer within a week, but they never responded at all. Recruiter kept saying they were delaying while interviewing others. I found this to be very disrespectful. I can understand if their timelines change, but they didn't even have the courtesy to say how much longer they needed. Ultimately, they didn't respond with a yes or no at all. Pretty rude! Who do they think they are? Tax preparation software is BORING.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between procedural programming and functional programming.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Normal phone screen went well. Very interested. Intuit immediately scheduled an in person interview. The night before the flight they canceled and set a date 3 weeks out, then they cancelled and set a date 2 more weeks out. After another week they sent me an email saying they had filled the position with an internal candidate.