Intuit Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.3

Intuit Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview consists of a 45 minutes to 1 hour technical round as well as a 45 minutes to 1 hour behavioral round. Employees were friendly and pleasant. They look for core knowledge in the topics they ask.

Interview Questions

• Question from resume, projects, and respective tech..   1 Answer

Interview

two rounds - one of behavioral and other technical. Interviewer was rude. It took two days to give them the result.

Interview Questions

• Process didn't seem fair. One coding question anagram with different complexities was asked.Other were on resume.   1 Answer

University Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Poor interviewing experience. Had 1+ hour phone interviews with a recruiter and the hiring manager and never heard a word back. Followed up with the recruiter 30 days after the 2nd phone interview and she responded that the hiring manager was still trying to decide if the position could be remote and had I given any thought to how that would work (I was a local candidate so the recruiter was clearly confusing me with another candidate).

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later
    - Had 45 min phone screen with team member; went over resume, discussed technical and non-technical topics; some technical questions about web technologies and languages and frameworks.
    - Had a half day onsite; interviewed with manager and 4 engineers; questions included past work exp, challenges, things learned, programming experience, concepts, design patterns, various technical questions;

Interview Questions

• 1. mvc and other design patterns and implementation details; pros and cons of approaches taken. traversal of arrays, optimization, O-analysis, lists (search, removal), trees (search, traversal, removal, deletion), hashmaps; you will be well prepared if you study "Programming Interviews Exposed" and "Cracking the Coding Interview". All questions are designed to see if you are fundamentally sound.
      2. web app optimization and debugging; scenarios, challenges, approach / resolution, rendering time, basics of http, javascript internals, single threaded model, etc. All are questions designed to see if your skills and experience match what they need to hire for.
      3. behavioral, personality, cultural fit, challenges, achievements, motivation, interests; All are questions designed to see if you are going to work well with the people there.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got the call for interview after applying through my university career fair.
    There were 2 rounds, first one was behavioral and second was technical. The recruiter shared the material to read for the behavioral round, so it was pretty much clear on how to approach for such interviews. Technical round was not very difficult, it went smooth.
    The entire process was pretty fast, got the offer within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      Situations-
      -when you could not collaborate much to the team
      -when you found a solution and it was not the actual solution
      -when you were an inspiration to others in the team/out of the team
      -when you took the risk and what were the implications
      -when you had to rework everything you had done before because of any mistake/error
      -Impact of particular thing you had done
      -when u completely failed and everything you did was incorrect

Technical:
      Finalize, final, finally
      garbage collection in java
      basic mongo DB
      Ajax vs SOAP
      Node.js vs Java (if node.js mentioned on resume)
      Definition - Stack, Array, LinkedList, Queues
      Abstract vs Interface
      priority queue - number of queues required to implement priority queue

Coding - implement any one
      LinkedList using DS,Reversing a LinkedList,Fibonacci, String Reverse , Bubble Sort, Priority Queue
      Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Technical and Behavior rounds
    Initial 30 minutes technical interview with hiring manager.
    Once its cleared one-one interview with 5 members.
    Technical and Behavior questions mostly on Java, Spring, hibernate.

Concentrate on interview at EOD which matters.

Interview Questions

• Implement a solution using Hashmap   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a webex interview and the interviewer was on time. First questions were about whole IT experience. Then was asked about the recent project and technologies worked on. More emphasis was given to the job description after the projects involved. Then was given three practical questions on java and was asked to code.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Inheritance, finding uniqueness, stack and string manipulation   Answer Question

Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very smooth process..Started with a call to set up an inteview...had the interview 2 days later and received offer the next day..Basic fit kind of questions...Very nice interviewer...
    Do your fit kind of questions well..be confident...

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who was not at all knowledgeable in this area. She didn't even know companies such as Sybase or heard of QA tools like QTP, WinRunner. She was only interested in numbers, how many years you did this and that? Not interested in knowing what I did, only needed answers to her typed set of questions.
    No call after this. Maybe the best way to get pass this level and reach actual hiring parties is to say the numbers that they like.

Interview Questions

• How much Java do you know?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

the interview consisted of two parts. first part was 45 mins hr interview. the second part was also 45 mins and it was a technical interview. hr interview consisted of general questions whereas the technical interview went in depth of C++ programming language.

Interview Questions

• Difference between c++ and java?   3 Answers