Intuit Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Few calls with recruiter, a technical telephonic interview, a case study, and then onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice, phone screen was ok, but onsite interview was upsetting. The environment was very bland, and unwelcoming. Everyone looked tensed, no one was even smiling. Kind of in rush, and directly started firing questions as soon as I joined them in conference room. Cutting you in between the explanations and moving to other questions. Don't want to discuss, just want to hear, what they think should be THE answer. Very too the point coding, overall poor structure.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on technologies like redundant distributed file processing framework, SQLs, Time Complexities, Basic DS questions, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
    we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1. Phone call by Recruiter
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. 4 Rounds of Technical interview onsite

Met 4 members of the team. Each asked a few technical and coding questions. Whiteboarding in 2 out of 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q:Develop a sample MVVM application (Based on my experience with WPF)   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – Recuriter

Welcome to the team!

Strategic Partnerships Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Initial Phone Calls and an onsite. The initial phone calls went great, no surprises.

Unfortunately, the onsite was one of the poorer interview experiences I've ever had. One of the facets of the interview process is to build a case study presentation. In an effort to cover all of my bases, I confirmed with the internal recruiter the details and goals of this case study. Upon finishing my onsite presentation it become clear he had not synced with the hiring team as there was clear confusion on their part for why I structured my case in the way I did. They immediately communicated this to me and told me they would be passing on my candidacy.

Through better team wide communication I feel this could have been avoided and better enabled me for success.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 Pre-screen Interviews
    1 On-site for 4 hours(They call it A4A - Assessing for Awesomeness)
    After all the process, they make you an offer and you will have to accept in 24-48 hrs. They are very competitive with compensation and benefits. No complaints.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on... More

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. I was invited on-site and had to present a case study with my ideas on how to tackle the strategy for the main responsibilities of the position. The whole process was great, fairly quick, and the people I met with were all very intelligent and friendly. I unfortunately took another offer, but was so impressed with the caliber of people there.

Senior Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Worst interview experience EVER. YMMV, but I will absolutely not recommend this company to any of my acquaintances.

12/13/16: Applied for this position online

2/1/17: A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a date for a phone screening / informational interview.

2/2/17: I spoke to the recruiter about myself and my professional history. I asked about the role itself, what they are looking for, and touched a little on the company culture. She was very professional and had a unique way of doing things. She avoided behavioral questions as she said that it wouldn't help to know me as a person. She was very transparent about the salary range, which was within my expectation. After the interview, we scheduled a date for a phone interview with the hiring manager on 2/8/17.

2/8/17: Something came up with the manager. Interview was pushed forward to 2/10/17.

2/10/17: Pleasant interview with the usual behavioral questions. It felt more like a back and forth conversation, which was great. The hiring manager made me feel very at ease, and allowed me to ask more about the role and company culture. On the same day, the recruiter reached out to me and invited me to interview on site, and said that she would contact me soon with further information.

2/13/17: The recruiter sent me a list of things I needed to prepare for the on site interview. It would be a craft demo with a panel of team members and managers consisting of a 5 minute About Me presentation, a 15 minute Work Portfolio, and the business case study, which was to analyze user feedback and spot trends. This craft demo would then be followed by 1:1 interviews with each of these panel members, and finally a same day decision. She mentioned that she would have a date by 2/24/17.

Here's where it gets fun. I spend day and night preparing for behavioral questions, craft demo presentation slides, research, tons and tons of research. I reached out to Intuit employees for informational interviews, people within my network who use QuickBooks Online for user feedback, even going as far as to volunteer to work for small business for free to better understand and empathize with the problems they faced day to day while using their product. I reached out to my PMs and colleagues in hopes that they would give some advice and feedback on my presentation and presentation skills (my contract at the company was ending, so everyone was more than supportive). Basically, I did my homework and went the extra mile for this job. It was an all day affair for a good two weeks.

2/24/17: No news until I sent a follow up email. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator replied later, saying that she is anticipating a date of 3/27/17, which is a month later, but would have a concrete date for me by Monday of the following week. I was fine with this, considering the amount of time I've already spent preparing.

2/27/17 - 2/28/17: No news, no replies

3/1/17: In her own words, "I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There have been some changes in the job requirements. They have chosen to pull this requisition at this time. It may be posted at another time. I still believe you have great skills and would like to keep in touch with you. Would this be ok with you?

3/15/17 (Today): I found out that the requisition for this position wasn't pulled, but instead the position was filled, and that person has been working in that role since February. Given the benefit of a doubt, this person may have started on the 28th of February (On a Friday..unusual?). I was not given a chance to interview, and even if I was, mine was scheduled at the end of March, and this person was hired some time in February?

This company clearly does not value the effort their candidates put into applying. I'm fairly sure that I wasn't the only one affected, but in the end, nothing I say or do will change anything with my candidacy, and I've learned to accept that. My only hopes is that someone sees this and reconsiders applying for this company. One employee told me that Intuit lives and breathes their core values. But, it's pretty apparent to me that transparency isn't one of them.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it’s invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

As represented. 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 4 managers. Took a lot of time to prepare for, but not unmanageable and felt very prepared.

Interview Questions

• Big focus was a case study, and also a lot of questions about being innovative.   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and congratulations on becoming part of Intuit. We are excited to have you on the team!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen was quite detailed and went into particular details of my technical skills and he took a lot of notes. I next spoke with the hiring manager which was a quick rundown of my previous work. This was followed by the onsite where I met with multiple members of the team individually and together. Some technical, some business knowledge questions. The team made me feel at ease and the interview process itself was great. The recruiting team was pretty on point in getting back to me and keeping me in the loop and I got an offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Domain specific questions and technical related to the role.   Answer Question