Intuit Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intuit

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 16 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview process went well. There were 2 parts. The first was a preliminary with the recruiter. There was an overview of the position offered, requirements, and responsibility. The second was a simulation of customer interaction.

Interview Questions
  • How will you handle an irate customer?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in Jan 2017

Interview

A recruiter called me for a phone screen. This process lasted a whopping 12 minutes. The recruiter talked more than I did. She would let me answer questions but then never asked for any clarification on any of my answers. Also she seemed rushed , possibly not interested in hearing my answers. She spoke at me but not to me.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer says our online resources do mot match what the IR has posted at their website ?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

I applied online directly with Intuit on a Friday and was immediately sent some assessments to complete on call center/customer service/computer skills and behavior decisions. I passed them both bc I was called on Monday for a phone interview with the recruiter. She set me up an in person interview with a manager for Wens. Mostly STAR method questions. Easy going conversation on past experience and skills. No trick questions. Went over the role and expectations. I was called within a few hours and offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to meet a deadline. Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Intuit (Scranton, PA) in Oct 2016

Interview

Apply on line. Then recruiter calls describing job & if you are still interested in the position you are then moved ahead to a time test, then a phone/skills interview. Process was under a week

Interview Questions
  • You are asked to prove your skills by answering/and researching tax questions
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Intuit (United States) in Jun 2016

Interview

I learned about the position through FlexJobs.com. I applied in June and shortly after received an email with an online assessment. After the assessment, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview was a general interview to discuss the details of the position. The second interview consisted of about 3-4 mock phone calls as if you were actually in the role --- very intimidating, but you are allowed to use the Intuit website and web research to help you find answers. A few days later, I received an email from the recruiter saying that I had successfully completed the interview process and would receive a call once hiring began for the season. I got the call towards the end of October for a November start date.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with an irate customer? What area of the site would you check to see what is the best version of Turbo Tax to suggest to the customer?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

Very easy interview process but it is not indicative of the job that you will be performing. They ask very basic tax questions that anyone can answer but then when you start working you are expected to be as knowledgeable as a tax expert or a CPA. You need a basic understanding of taxes to get this job but then you will be expected to know how to assist customers with any type of tax return including business tax returns, corp, S corp, partnership, etc. You are basically thrown out with no help whatsoever unless the manager favors you.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Pittsburgh, PA) in Dec 2015

Interview

After passing the online proficiency test then a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was half the normal interview questions and half mock phone calls. Lasted about an hour. Ask questions like your background in customer service, ever dealt with a difficult customer, etc. Then asked tax questions where you could use the internet to find the answers.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a tax credit and tax deduction?
  • How do I know if I qualify for the healthcare tax exemption?
Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in Nov 2015

Interview

Submitted application online & completed basic assessment. Got an email asking to discuss the role. Spoke with recruiter and was told of additional assessment. After assessment received another call to discuss opportunity. Assessment is a call center simulation and computer & internet speed test. My caution to anyone is to slow down and read the entire question.

Interview Questions
  • The wanted to know about my background. Customer service, call center and some tax experience is very helpful.
Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in Nov 2015

Interview

limited questions hard test had to research tax answers on the internet and pass a test then do in person interview and also research on the internet it was pretty easy if you know what you are doing

Interview Questions
  • find the answer to a tax question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

It wasn't too bad. Everyone was very nice. You have to take two assessments and do two interviews. The first interview is a basic one. The second one is a more detailed one. The assessments are pretty easy if you have basic tax knowledge. The interviewers were both very nice and made me feel at ease. After the interview, you have to do a technology assessment. It takes about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What does Box 12 of the W-2 mean?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16