Intuit Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Intuit Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They used role play using the program to determine how well and familiar you are with the software. You need to know the software and how to navigate to the areas for input questions for customers. They look for people who are comfortable with talking and helping people resolve their issues, so personality is a plus. The interview goes through a few departments before you are given an offer.

Interview Questions

• how have you solved a problem when dealing with a customer in a former job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Everything is by phone. For most of the interview they pretend to be a customer with various questions. I did it twice, for 2 different positions. It is very helpful to check out their website and customer discussion board to learn a little about their way of doing things.

Interview Questions

• Explain AMT. What is code DD on a W2? Can I get a refund? Etc.   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

It wasn't too bad. Everyone was very nice.
    You have to take two assessments and do two interviews. The first interview is a basic one. The second one is a more detailed one. The assessments are pretty easy if you have basic tax knowledge. The interviewers were both very nice and made me feel at ease. After the interview, you have to do a technology assessment. It takes about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does Box 12 of the W-2 mean?   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Very easy interview process but it is not indicative of the job that you will be performing. They ask very basic tax questions that anyone can answer but then when you start working you are expected to be as knowledgeable as a tax expert or a CPA. You need a basic understanding of taxes to get this job but then you will be expected to know how to assist customers with any type of tax return including business tax returns, corp, S corp, partnership, etc. You are basically thrown out with no help whatsoever unless the manager favors you.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to Intuit!

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

After passing the online proficiency test then a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was half the normal interview questions and half mock phone calls. Lasted about an hour. Ask questions like your background in customer service, ever dealt with a difficult customer, etc. Then asked tax questions where you could use the internet to find the answers.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tax credit and tax deduction?   Answer Question
    • How do I know if I qualify for the healthcare tax exemption?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online & completed basic assessment. Got an email asking to discuss the role. Spoke with recruiter and was told of additional assessment. After assessment received another call to discuss opportunity. Assessment is a call center simulation and computer & internet speed test. My caution to anyone is to slow down and read the entire question.

Interview Questions

• The wanted to know about my background. Customer service, call center and some tax experience is very helpful.   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

My interview and hiring process took less than a week. The assessments were typical assessments and the tax assessment was easy because you were able to utilize resources such as the internet. The interview questions were typical questions and role playing they were not difficult in nature. If you have experience in customer service you should have no problem. My only problem is that they initially told me the pay starts at 16/hr and increase with experience but when they offered me the position they stated the individual was incorrect and that it started at 15/hr and apologized. However, I did not need an apology they should have just honored what was initially mentioned and they should have started me with more than that based on experience alone! In the end the process was quick and easy and I am looking forward to working from home

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Remote, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Intuit is amazing when it comes to fast communication. I received an email almost immediately with the next step in the process once I applied online. It's been a seemless process throughout. After applying, there is an online assessment to complete to be considered. I received an email the next day from a recruiter to set up a phone screening to see if we a mutual fit. After the screening, the next step was to complete an official assessment that was more specific in relation to the position. The next step was to complete the online job application and agree to a background check. The next part of the process is another one hour interview focused on the turbotax website. The results of the assessements and interviews, along with experience will determine the rate of pay.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide an example of how I went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I applied online directly with Intuit on a Friday and was immediately sent some assessments to complete on call center/customer service/computer skills and behavior decisions. I passed them both bc I was called on Monday for a phone interview with the recruiter. She set me up an in person interview with a manager for Wens. Mostly STAR method questions. Easy going conversation on past experience and skills. No trick questions. Went over the role and expectations. I was called within a few hours and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a deadline.
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2016.

Interview

I learned about the position through FlexJobs.com. I applied in June and shortly after received an email with an online assessment. After the assessment, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. The first phone interview was a general interview to discuss the details of the position. The second interview consisted of about 3-4 mock phone calls as if you were actually in the role --- very intimidating, but you are allowed to use the Intuit website and web research to help you find answers. A few days later, I received an email from the recruiter saying that I had successfully completed the interview process and would receive a call once hiring began for the season. I got the call towards the end of October for a November start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?
      What area of the site would you check to see what is the best version of Turbo Tax to suggest to the customer?   Answer Question