Intuit Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Recruiter approached about this position of Sr Business Analyst role at Intuit after negotiating my application was submitted for this position got an onsite interview call within days. The interview was a group interview and then was offered the job..... .... .... ....... ....... ...... ....... .... ..... ...... ....... ....... ...... ..... ...... ..... ..... ....... ...... ...... ...... ........ ...... .. ....

Interview Questions

• Going over my experience.
    Give an example of analytical project.
    Join and group by SQL questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen was quite detailed and went into particular details of my technical skills and he took a lot of notes. I next spoke with the hiring manager which was a quick rundown of my previous work. This was followed by the onsite where I met with multiple members of the team individually and together. Some technical, some business knowledge questions. The team made me feel at ease and the interview process itself was great. The recruiting team was pretty on point in getting back to me and keeping me in the loop and I got an offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Domain specific questions and technical related to the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked to create a deck with the recent projects and present it to the interview panel. Case Studies after that, SQL interview and then 1:1 interview with 3 team members. After that interview with the director

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for the review and welcome to Intuit!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR Phone screen
    Hiring manager screen
    shared screen SQL quiz
    Presentation and group interview

The shared screen SQL quiz was fairly simple. Questions are of the type that could be found by simply googling "top 50 SQL interview questions"

The presentation involved creating a tableau dashboard (with a week to prepare) and presenting to the hiring group. This was followed by some 1:1, and some group interviewing.

Everyone seemed nice, but I guess it wasn't a fit. I was disappointed in the HR recruiter who dragged out the interview process by over a month, trying to find someone else for the team to interview, so that I would have someone else to compete with, only to find out in the end that neither of us got the position. Wasted my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• with the exception of the SQL quiz, it was all behavioral questions. STAR method seemed to be preferred.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It took 3 months for the recruiter to finally call to set up an on-site interview, after having passed the initial phone screening and SQL skills test. I was also initially told that I was going to interview for a different position. Only after receiving the interview schedule, I realized the different job title which I was way overqualified for. However, I was told not to worry about it.

The interviewers seemed very distracted, not everyone attend to the presentation part which they were supposed to attend. One interviewer even seemed to look at my resume for the first time. Also, some of the interviewers asked the exact same questions right after another. Another disturbing point was how the interviewers contradicted themselves and each other, a further evidence to their inconsistency. Another pattern in the Analytics team is a lot of people seem to have worked at the same companies previously, and love to hire people they already know.

The interviewers were kind of rude, too, not really telling me about the next steps, nor giving me their business cards. Also, even though I was told I should hear back in 2 days, it took them 2 weeks to get back to me. The recruiter even offered a feedback which was a complete BS, as that contradicted a lot of things they said about my positive performance during the interview. If what they said was true, I could have not had any of the jobs I had nor the academic accomplishments. It was literally an insult!!! Intuit management should have a better handle of the unprofessionalism of their recruiters and hiring managers, as WOM is a powerful tool and will drive down one's brand reputation quickly.

None of the interviewers even had a stellar resumes, neither their academic works nor the companies
    they worked for was impressive unlike the ones you will find in quality companies like Facebook, Google, etc.

It looks only nepotism works here. And they do not want to work with smart people who can challenge them or their status quo.

It was a very disappointing and disturbing experience overall. I used to think quite differently about this company prior this, now I will never work with such rude and unprofessional people. When they are like this while trying to recruit and hire people, I cannot imagine how horrible it must be as an employee. I would never recommend it to anyone, nor will I ever apply there!

Interview Questions

• You don't seem to be very passionate about analytics!!?? ( I have no idea how he came up with that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized. Was a positive experience. Each interviewer was very pleasant. First 1:1 was a webcam set up in a conf room. Interviews 2,3,4 were face to face and last interview was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that would help evlauate team participation.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in March 2014.

Interview

Intuit uses the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method of interviewing, in general. This is a behavioral interview process, conducted by a panel of interviewees. Be prepared to talk to a number of different people asking slightly different questions in the same format.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had five interviews and a lunch. They all went very well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated salary increase of 5%