Intuit Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR Phone screen
Hiring manager screen
shared screen SQL quiz
Presentation and group interview

The shared screen SQL quiz was fairly simple. Questions are of the type that could be found by simply googling "top 50 SQL interview questions"

The presentation involved creating a tableau dashboard (with a week to prepare) and presenting to the hiring group. This was followed by some 1:1, and some group interviewing.

Everyone seemed nice, but I guess it wasn't a fit. I was disappointed in the HR recruiter who dragged out the interview process by over a month, trying to find someone else for the team to interview, so that I would have someone else to compete with, only to find out in the end that neither of us got the position. Wasted my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• with the exception of the SQL quiz, it was all behavioral questions. STAR method seemed to be preferred.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It took 3 months for the recruiter to finally call to set up an on-site interview, after having passed the initial phone screening and SQL skills test. I was also initially told that I was going to interview for a different position. Only after receiving the interview schedule, I realized the different job title which I was way overqualified for. However, I was told not to worry about it.

The interviewers seemed very distracted, not everyone attend to the presentation part which they were supposed to attend. One interviewer even seemed to look at my resume for the first time. Also, some of the interviewers asked the exact same questions right after another. Another disturbing point was how the interviewers contradicted themselves and each other, a further evidence to their inconsistency. Another pattern in the Analytics team is a lot of people seem to have worked at the same companies previously, and love to hire people they already know.

The interviewers were kind of rude, too, not really telling me about the next steps, nor giving me their business cards. Also, even though I was told I should hear back in 2 days, it took them 2 weeks to get back to me. The recruiter even offered a feedback which was a complete BS, as that contradicted a lot of things they said about my positive performance during the interview. If what they said was true, I could have not had any of the jobs I had nor the academic accomplishments. It was literally an insult!!! Intuit management should have a better handle of the unprofessionalism of their recruiters and hiring managers, as WOM is a powerful tool and will drive down one's brand reputation quickly.

None of the interviewers even had a stellar resumes, neither their academic works nor the companies
    they worked for was impressive unlike the ones you will find in quality companies like Facebook, Google, etc.

It looks only nepotism works here. And they do not want to work with smart people who can challenge them or their status quo.

It was a very disappointing and disturbing experience overall. I used to think quite differently about this company prior this, now I will never work with such rude and unprofessional people. When they are like this while trying to recruit and hire people, I cannot imagine how horrible it must be as an employee. I would never recommend it to anyone, nor will I ever apply there!

Interview Questions

• You don't seem to be very passionate about analytics!!?? ( I have no idea how he came up with that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized. Was a positive experience. Each interviewer was very pleasant. First 1:1 was a webcam set up in a conf room. Interviews 2,3,4 were face to face and last interview was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that would help evlauate team participation.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in March 2014.

Interview

Intuit uses the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method of interviewing, in general. This is a behavioral interview process, conducted by a panel of interviewees. Be prepared to talk to a number of different people asking slightly different questions in the same format.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had five interviews and a lunch. They all went very well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated salary increase of 5%