Intuit Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewer insisted on a video call during the middle of the workday so I used a conference room for my video call. The connection was poor and he was using a $5 headset with a microphone on the connecting wire. It was almost impossible to understand what he was saying with the poor connection.
He answered the call with "I presume you read the job description so I don't need to review what I will expect."
That bizarre opening statement was followed by a 30 minute technical quiz which jumped from topic to topic with no real thread of consistency.
During the interview he continued to work and interrupted several times with "Hang on for a second, I need to check this."
After 10 minutes I realized I would never work for this man but stayed on the line for the whole interview out of courtesy. After 30 minutes of technical quiz, he ended the interview with "The 30 minutes is up. Thank You."
There were no questions about my background or previous experience and no time to ask questions of hear about the job.
Definitely the most bizarre and disrespectful interview I have ever had in my working life.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about Linux internals and detailed programming scenarios.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone calls with recruiters and an engineer, followed by a 3.5 hour onsite interview. Recruiter explained Intuit makes a same day decision right after the interview, which impressed me but it was not true in my case.

In the interview i tried giving a demo of a project they assigned. It involved building a web server stack. I completed all requirements plus automated provisioning. Checked it into Github. It didn't seem like the group got involved with it, or appreciated how well it worked.

All the interviewers were pleasant. What followed was standard interview with a small coding challenge. Overall not much structured or systematic questioning. Some questions were so general that I had a hard time sensing the specific point being targeted.

I didn't get a same day response. It took 3 days to get a message about wanting to talk on the phone again. I declined. It's too much stress.

All companies do interviews wrong. At least Intuit has one positive thing in trying to have you show your work with a presentation. Besides that, there needs to be more. We need to break the ice when first meeting everyone. How about starting with 10 minutes of mindfulness meditation? Or have everyone in the group tell something funny about themselves.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Face to face with manager and good exposure to current trends with emphasis on open source. The job requirement was a mix for .net and java technology with ci cd emphasis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The people I interviewed were quite professional, competent and engaging, and they
    treated me as a worthy professional as well. I met with six people at the headquarters campus, which is a nice looking place. I fielded many general and behavioral questions, with technical questions coming later in the day. I would have enjoyed working with
    the people, but the position was not quite a match.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? Describe tools and techniques.   3 Answers