Intuit Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

A 15 minute phone screen followed a week later by an all day interview process (5 one-on-one interviews plus one with the hiring manager). It went well, but I wish they'd designed the day so that it included breaks for bathroom and to give my brain a rest.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

We are so happy you had a positive experience! Thank you for sharing with the community.

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed to set up an initial screening a few days later. 15 minutes before the scheduled start I received an email requesting a reschedule. A new day and time was selected, the recruiter no showed and did not respond to my email.

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

I am so sorry you had a negative experience interviewing with us and thank you for sharing with us. If you wouldn't mind emailing us with more details on this experience at candidate_care@intuit.com ... More

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Interview process is clear and straightforward. Recruiter contacted me, asked a number of questions, requested my resume. After I forwarded, recruiter followed up, asked more specific questions. Recruiter then scheduled interviews with direct supervisor, and that supervisor's direct supervisor. Very straightforward and clear. After initial round of telephone interviews, on site interviews were scheduled. Those were, again, straightforward, and included managers intended to be positions client base.
    Overall: thorough, relatively quick and painless. I received initial offer on the day following the on site interviews, and started at Intuit several weeks later (due to holidays and negotiating).

Interview Questions

• Basic, pertaining to the position. Nothing outlandish or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Screened by internal HR recruiter, very friendly, quickly moved to set up phone interview with hiring executive, then had round of interviews one day at worksite with peers, final interview with head of division. Hiring process has now shifted to a one-day "Assessing for Awesome" when candidates are told immediately whether will be hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about company and recent strategic direction and challenges, interest in cross-team collaboration, how have you overcome internal barriers to get to goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX).

Interview

Intuit provided a very comprehensive approach to interviewing to ensure a good fit.Everyone that I encountered was very friendly, seemed happy to be at Intuit, and was very transparent as they shared information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing comes to mind. The interview questions correlated very well to the job. The recruiter did a good job of setting expectations and ensuring a thorough understanding of the job requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, then the entire team. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. It was great getting to know everyone and I was happy with the process.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in August 2010.

Interview

Interviews are behavioral based, have some good examples of success, failure, challenges.
    Try to have new examples for each interview, but can reuse an example if it fits multiple questions.
    You can be scheduled for all day session of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The key is to have a good collection of real life examples with measurable outcomes   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was conducted by a combination of a panel and individual interviews. Total of 3 interviews with ~5 people. People were friendly and usually knowledgeable however job description and actual duties did not align with interview

Interview Questions

• Situational questions asking if you ever had issues with former employees or employers, explain situation and explain what you did   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not very negotiable. Vacation was negotiable. Stocks and bonuses where set by role and non negotiable

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Overall experience was great. the Panel was respectful and was quite engaging. I was there for a Sr Manager QE role. Started with a Dev lead, then an automation lead, followed by the hiring manager and the Group manager. Questions were ranging in all forms but they were very thoughtful and detailed.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2007.

Interview

Intuiit used pre-planned behavioral interview questions. They have a panel of interviewers, all looking for specific areas, which when combined, should be the requirements of the job. The lengthy part of the process can be leading up to the first face2face. Once you interview, you may be asked to come back once or even twice to get through all the panel. However, decicions are typically fast once all that is finished.

When asked behavioral questions, answer with the STAR method--give the situation or task, then the actions you tood in that situation, then follow with results. A lot of people forget to give the results, which depending on the panel member, could be your downfall.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you dealt with people who didn't agree with you. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

vacation is relatively easy to negotiate, they will give 3 weeks at the drop of a hat, and 4 isn't hard to get.

Salaries are generall more than fair, but room to negotiate as well. If you need a particular start date, hold firm. Rarely is there a reason why they want a specific date, and there isn't any onboarding when you get there, so make sure it's the date you want (take that time off in between--you'll need it)