Intuit Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

3.9

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

- 45 -1 hour presentation on my personal and professional history, two project samples and why I chose to share them and a presentation of my ideas for the product
- 1 hour lunch interview with 2 current team members
- 30 minute 1 on 1 interview with a current team member
- 1 hour interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were trying to reach a conclusion but you were missing a few data points.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

You will be given a case to display your knowledge and abilities to a panel. You will need to demonstrate clear rationale with what your thinking was in the case.

Interview Questions

• How I came to the assumptions and actions that I did in my case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Super efficient - kudos to HR for keeping it quick, predictable and transparent. The main part of the panel interview was a Case presentation and follow-up qna related to the case. In addition there were professional experience related q's. Also was asked to demonstrate creativity and asked questions related to running scrappy customer tests. There were behavioral interview questions as well to assess culture fit and understanding of Intuit values (which they take quite seriously)

Interview Questions

• The main part of the panel interview was a Case presentation and follow-up qna related to the case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. I was invited on-site and had to present a case study with my ideas on how to tackle the strategy for the main responsibilities of the position. The whole process was great, fairly quick, and the people I met with were all very intelligent and friendly. I unfortunately took another offer, but was so impressed with the caliber of people there.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with hiring manager then on campus interviews - 1 panel then 3 individual interviews. Panel interview involved a case interview that I prepared in advance for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The process starts out with a recruiter contacting you (I did not apply for the position), leading to a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter actually spent more time on the phone with me than the hiring manager did. The manager asked a few simple and short questions and then we were done. After that, they schedule your in-person, which consists of a very time-consuming presentation you must create prior to coming to interview. I spent several days preparing this presentation about myself, a few projects I'm proud of, and finally a detailed and lengthy case study which solves an actual business issue they are facing (basically, free consulting for them). I prepared everything and came in for the in-person, where they proceed to grill you with very difficult questions, which is understandable for an interview at this level. However, the style of grilling felt very cold and harsh, almost like they were having fun coming up with the most difficult questions they could think of. One interviewer was particularly rude in her questioning style, leaving the interviewee feeling quite defensive. After meeting with several people, you meet with the hiring manager for "feedback" which consisted of them letting you know they weren't moving forward and then proceeding to give very detailed feedback as to why. When you've decided not to hire a person, giving them a laundry list of petty reasons why not does not help them unless they have asked for it. Instead, you leave a person shaken in their confidence, which could be harmful for their future job search. I felt like I was in a bad performance review. It was an extremely negative experience, I've never been through anything like that and have interviewed with many different companies over the years. This was by far the most hoops I've ever been asked to jump through (espeically for a lateral move), the most time I've ever spent preparing for an interview. After getting over the initial shock of the feedback session, I realized I have probably dodged a bullet by not getting an offer. If this is how they screen candidates, I can't imagine what the daily culture is like! I have several more interesting job options lined up and am confident I will land somewhere better than Intuit.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you consider changing price in your strategy?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Very well structured interview process. Team is very well prepared with their questions and are focused on critical elements of the role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but clearly a behavioral based interview; key experiences, learned from experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Long, arduous process with up to 7 people over multiple days/times.

Interview Questions

• Constant drill-down questioning by peers or people with skills below mine.   1 Answer

Intuit Response

Oct 16, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. I have given your feedback to the marketing recruiters to share with their customers.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in September 2020.

Interview

1st: Interview with Recruiter (45 min)
    2nd: Interview with Hiring Manager (45 minutes)
    3rd: They provided a business marketing case through email (amount of new subscribers needed in a year + desired CPA) and told me to develop a marketing plan including paid & organic (CRO & SEO). Provided a week to develop the material (presentation). They day of the presentation I had:
    - 15 minutes to talk about myself + mention 2 achievements
    - 30 minutes to present my marketing plan based on the case
    - 15 minute questions
    - 4 interviews with marketing team members from different regions
    4th: quick chat with general manager

Interview Questions

• Recruiter: general experience. Why do you want to work at intuit?
      Hiring Manager: Experience with acquisition, CRO & SEO. General work experience. Work scenarios and how I would react, how to deal with agencies, how to measure the success of performance and branding initiatives
      Craft presentation & following interviews: deep dive of achievements (asked for more data) . Specific questions about the presentation: How would I prioritize the execution of my marketing plan? What would come first and how would I organice my team to execute it. Management questions and situational questions (what would I do if a team member is not performing well, etc.). Situational questions about the job: why would I assign X marketing budget to Linkedin vs. facebook vs. Google, how would I measure the impact of investing in creating content for the blog, among others. Pain points I saw vs. Quickbook's competitors, highlights of SMBs way of work in México, How would I segment SMBs to be able to tackle those segments with different messaging, CRO tools and most important general best practices.   Answer Question