Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Given the rating Intuit generally have especially for interviewing processes, I was really surprised by the person interviewing me. He was able to judge my coding skills over a phone round based on string question which was to generate random string of given length even though I answered it correctly. And he had only one question for me to judge my coding skills in an interview of one hour!!

I really didn't like his whole attitude in the interview process at all. Didn't expect this at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Employee in Eagle, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Eagle, ID).

Interview

1. Sent in resume along with application through Intuit.com

2. Was contacted within a few weeks time

3. Received email with a time to have a chat with someone from HR. Lasted maybe 15-ish mins. This is mostly introductory, reasons for wanting to work there, your story, etc. Assuming your'e good here, you then move on to...

4. A 1-hr video call is scheduled with candidate, and two employees. Go over resume and what not. In here, you are asked a few technical questions, and have a relatively trivial coding excercise. This is real-world stuff. Not asked questions to trick you, or asked to solve some crazy algorithm. Mostly pretty trivial that you can accomplish in a 20-30 minute time frame. This is just a litmus test to verify you at least have some sort of technical background.

5. Wait for a follow up email from HR. This is likely a "unfortunately you didn't make it" email, or the one you want, which is "Congrats, we want to bring you on site for an interview, face to face meet and greet, etc!"

6. Do a face to face. Meet several team members. Get a tour of the facility, etc. You then sit down with a few folks (3-4 other software fellows...). You get grilled on technical knowledge. Ranges from front-end stuff, to server-side questions, database questions, etc. Even other questions such as day to day workflow as a developer, some basic linux questions, so on and so forth. Nothing crazy. We're not re-writing kernels here. These are all very realistic questions, and nothing tricky. Not designing some new high-speed optimized sorting algorithm or anything. Think querying data, how would you implement business logic to update a DOM, etc. Basically, some stuff you can do on the white board.

7. Wait again for a follow up from HR. For me this was VERY quick... within only a day or two. You're either given an offer, or didn't make it.

8. Overall, a really great, stream-lined interview process. They're not out to fake you out with tricky algorithm questions, or any of those "think outside the box" type of stuff. Just real world stuff you'd likely have to deal with in your career as a developer. You can tell immediately the culture HUGELY fosters nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Given some data set (think a small list of students with first names, grades, etc), write a query to show the average score provided in each grade range (think A, B, C, D, F...), as well as specific fields and some other specific criteria.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

- Recruiter Call
    - Tech Phone Screen
      - Invert a Binary Tree
      - Complexities
    - Craft Project
     - Build a Market place & API's
    - On Site
     - Demo the project. 5 Member panel will observe
     - 2 Tech Leads quiz you on details of the project
    - 1 Front end round
     - Hiring Manager talks about Culture Fit etc.

Did not compete with offers. Never made an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the hiring manager.

Onsite consists of craft demo- deep dive into one of your favorite project. 2 rounds of technical questions mostly on concepts and topics. 3 hour coding round on your laptop.

Worst recruiter ever. Did not even have the courtesy to provide feedback. Learn to respect candidate as they invest their time in your process. Do not waste your time and energy at this company though I wouldn’t like to generalize.

Interview Questions

• NDA but coding code is not that hard but you will end up googling A lot if you are not working in the same field.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

Three rounds, first one was to write a program and then interviewers asked questions on that. This was relatively easy.
    Second was more of intuit values where the interviewer asked scenarios which lead to using their values. As long as you are an ethical employee, this should be easy.
    Third was on a different day. This was difficult for me, mostly focussed on getting the absolute best possible solutions to the questions asked. At the end, the interviewer clearly mentioned that I needed more practice, which I was glad to hear.
    All the interviewers were very professional and the process is a joy in itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Fremont, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The HR scheduled for a telephonic technical interview. But when i got the call it was all behavioral questions asked. No questions on my current project. No technical questions or coding. Just one agile related question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
    we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on candidate_care@intuit.com we can do our due diligence to work the team members to ensure everyone coming through our door has a pleasant experience. Happy to hear your experience with HR was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email from an Intuit recruiter. She saw me through LinkedIn. We had a 30 minutes phone call and then she transferred my case to another recruiter. The later gave me a phone call and said there might be a technical phone interview in a few days. I waited a few days, but nothing was scheduled. So I sent a follow-up email to ask what happened. Never got a reply. I think it's really not professional. At least should let me know what is going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter and co ordinator did a very good job of connecting me to the team and getting me scheduled for in person interview at Mountain View Campus.

On the day of the interview I was told that the first hour was something about "Work and Crafts" it was not clear if they would demo what the team is working on to me or if I am supposed to demo my current work project to them. Even the team was confused about it and they apologized as they told me I was the first candidate with the new interview process.

First round with two senior member on the team (both seemed to have 10+ years of experience). The question itself was a standard career cup question but the attitude of the interviewers was were very negative. It quickly turned into an ego clash between my interviewers and I was hardly given a chance to make progress on the actual question which was constantly modified by the second interviewer. Being a team of 3 members I quickly figured out I would not want to work with them.

Manager was very professional and asked about my current application architecture and a few design questions. Overall good interview.

Finally the PM was also nice and professional and asked me how I would test the current application architecture. And had a conversation about the application they were working on.

Overall the interview was good in terms of the questions but the attitude of the interviews in the first round was extremely bad. In the 1.5 hours interview they were debating about the question for over 40 min between themselves.

Interview Questions

• Standard question around string manipulation   2 Answers