Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.1

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Intuit Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email from an Intuit recruiter. She saw me through LinkedIn. We had a 30 minutes phone call and then she transferred my case to another recruiter. The later gave me a phone call and said there might be a technical phone interview in a few days. I waited a few days, but nothing was scheduled. So I sent a follow-up email to ask what happened. Never got a reply. I think it's really not professional. At least should let me know what is going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter and co ordinator did a very good job of connecting me to the team and getting me scheduled for in person interview at Mountain View Campus.

On the day of the interview I was told that the first hour was something about "Work and Crafts" it was not clear if they would demo what the team is working on to me or if I am supposed to demo my current work project to them. Even the team was confused about it and they apologized as they told me I was the first candidate with the new interview process.

First round with two senior member on the team (both seemed to have 10+ years of experience). The question itself was a standard career cup question but the attitude of the interviewers was were very negative. It quickly turned into an ego clash between my interviewers and I was hardly given a chance to make progress on the actual question which was constantly modified by the second interviewer. Being a team of 3 members I quickly figured out I would not want to work with them.

Manager was very professional and asked about my current application architecture and a few design questions. Overall good interview.

Finally the PM was also nice and professional and asked me how I would test the current application architecture. And had a conversation about the application they were working on.

Overall the interview was good in terms of the questions but the attitude of the interviews in the first round was extremely bad. In the 1.5 hours interview they were debating about the question for over 40 min between themselves.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview with lead went well. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview with the lead developers and then the architect and finally the manager. Asked to prepare a small craft project for the interview. Spent probably 8 hrs on a great PHP site which was perfect for a small website, only to be told it needed to be in Java. The requirements also specify a login so I did a basic email login but they actually wanted full authentication and session management which was also not specified. Similarly I was asked by HR to prepare a 20 min talk but the hiring manager did not seem interested in hearing the presentation. They said I had a week and should have spent a lot longer on the craft project. After a 30 min interview I don't see how anyone could justify spending 2 or 3 days on an interview project. Need to get HR and the hiring manager on the same page regarding the requirements and the interview process. Please just specify the technologies to use and it will be done, or if you want people to choose the right tool for the job then the solution will not be in Java.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions, no whiteboard coding, no difficult algorithm questions, no OOP design questions. Just basic stuff regarding technology and previous experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a t\echnical phone screen. After passing the phone screen you would get assigned craft work. Craft work being a "take home" project bounded to 3-6 hours where you develop a project. If you pass the craft work you then proceed to an onsite face to face interview that lasts three to four hours. I had a panel and three one on one sessions. Questions started technical and Object Oriented. Others were the more open ended behavioral style that extends the popular STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Face to face consisted of technical questions, STAR behavioral questions, and agile specific questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round screening, which was scheduled for an hour but went about 10 minutes over. Interviewer was professional and not a text book questioner.

I was called in for an on-site for about 5 hours.

Interviewed with the manager over lunch then I was handed over to engineering folks to interview.

I was provided a computer to work on and asked to implement some questions. It is called craft work. Went well and the interviewers confirmed I had the solution.

Next it was QE and Engineers - this was the interview, which was very interesting in terms of questions asked - mock data, unit test, code coverage etc. Very relevant ones. Ensuring bridge between QE and Engg. Then I was interviewed by the Product Manager. All of them confirmed that I had answered them everything that they were looking for.

Now this get comically interesting to me. 4 days later I get a call from HR to inform me that I did well and they liked my attitude and answers, but team has decided not to hire me instead refer me to other teams and I am still active. Most bizzare - say either yes or no. And, for that reason, I have given a thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• Craft presentation - implement todo application.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview starts off with a brief phone interview with HR followed by hiring manager. The ask you to prepare a program before coming in and present it. I was impressed with that part of the interview but that was the extent of it.

The staff they have focus on a lot of details that don't really address whether you're a good engineer or not. They were more interested in the munition of the language than anything else. It was also frustrating that they gave no time for you to ask questions or get a feel for exactly what they were looking for. It seemed to me they were more interested in their own needs than having a mutually beneficial conversation. I really felt this wasn't a fit for them or me after I left and wouldn't have taken an offer if one was given. Pay was too low and job seems like you'd be battling your way through all the time.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the cyclomatic complexity of a given function?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later
    - Had 45 min phone screen with team member; went over resume, discussed technical and non-technical topics; some technical questions about web technologies and languages and frameworks.
    - Had a half day onsite; interviewed with manager and 4 engineers; questions included past work exp, challenges, things learned, programming experience, concepts, design patterns, various technical questions;

Interview Questions

• 1. mvc and other design patterns and implementation details; pros and cons of approaches taken. traversal of arrays, optimization, O-analysis, lists (search, removal), trees (search, traversal, removal, deletion), hashmaps; you will be well prepared if you study "Programming Interviews Exposed" and "Cracking the Coding Interview". All questions are designed to see if you are fundamentally sound.
      2. web app optimization and debugging; scenarios, challenges, approach / resolution, rendering time, basics of http, javascript internals, single threaded model, etc. All are questions designed to see if your skills and experience match what they need to hire for.
      3. behavioral, personality, cultural fit, challenges, achievements, motivation, interests; All are questions designed to see if you are going to work well with the people there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical phone interview with a shared editor screen for the coding problem.

Onsite interview consisted of meeting with the recruiter, presenting a project to a panel, then completing a project in three hours. After the project review, it was one-on-one interviews with a few senior people.

Not a whole lot of time was given to ask questions, and I'm pretty sure I didn't talk to anyone on the team I was interviewing for.

On the bright side, the recruiter did ask for feedback when delivering their verdict.