KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Intuit Software Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 1.8K interviews

Applied online25%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Intuit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intuit in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview process was smooth, All the rounds were to be held on the same day. 1)Crafts round(Machine coding)-60 mins 2)Evaluation Crafts round-60 mins, My evaluation was completed in 5 mins, I was asked system design(HLD+LLD) and a small DSA question 3)Concurrency multithreading, design patterns, databases(Rejected)

Interview Questions
  • MC round- design a music management system(Very simple) HLD-LLD- A notification management system DSA-Array of songs, play all songs in a random fashion infinite(or M ) number of times. Condition all songs in the current array to be played before starting the next cycle. Multithreading- Producer consumer problem, the interviewer will ask a lot of follow up questions, wants the most optimised way(CPU should be blocked only for producer or consumer thread at a particular time) Design pattern- You will be given a problem where you need to solve the situation via the correct design pattern(Very important) Database- Sharding, Indexing etc
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit in Mar 2022

Interview

The recruiter called me to give me all the info she thought I would need. They would give me a backend or a full-stack assignment, and I would have 90 min to solve it. The expectation was to implement the main part of the assignment during that time, and she said that candidates can't deploy the application due to the small amount of time. I implemented the backend assignment. I set up a database, used an ORM, and set up 2 endpoints which I was able to demo, and they worked as they should. I was starting to set up my first unit test when my time went up. Because I was told an interviewer would go over the problem later and I would be able to implement missing pieces, the unit tests, for example, I didn't think that would be a big deal. However, the hours that were previously reserved to go over the assignment and make adjustments or finish the testing implementation, ended up being to solve different coding questions. I was able to solve both questions. In the last interview with the manager, I honestly could tell he didn't like me right the way. He was trying to challenge me with DevOps questions on the demo. I nailed all his questions about the project that I implemented, so he started to test my limits, I thought ok, but that shouldn't be expectations. In the last interview with him, he told me Intuit was going more for a new model of engineering where all the engineers would master all aspects, including DevOps as well, and on his team that was something new and they were learning those skills as they are migrating for that style. I was never told I should have DevOps skills for that role at Intuit, I would never be willing to waste 5 and half hours of my day to do the onsite if that was one of the requirements. It is quite rare to find a full stack with DevOps experience, and I didn't lie about it, I told you I didn't have that experience yet, but I would love to have the chance to learn. The recruiter said they didn't make an offer because I didn't have DevOps experience. Also said I didn't demonstrate programming fundamentals skills. I solved everything they gave to me. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Graph related question Expose to endpoints and handle the request, implement tests and deploy if you have time.
7 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Intuit

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Intuit

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in Mar 2022

Interview

1. Recruiter Screening (for team matching) If any hiring manager is interested in your profile the recruiter would revert with the details and the first round of interviews. 2. Round 1: Techincal Assessment (1hr) - first 30 minutes: Team intro and your background discussion. - remaining 30 minutes: A LC easy/medium question. Discuss your approach. Bonus points for solving the problem. No language constraints. If the interviewers think you're good enough, the recruiter would reach out with the feedback and discuss the next steps. A problem statement will be shared by the recruiter they call it a craft assignment, it is an open-ended assignment. You can reach out to the recruiter if you have any questions, they're very helpful. Cover all the points mentioned in the requirements, you can show off your skills and be as creative as you can. Your solution doesn't have to be perfect but then it should not be just a plain one. Prepare the design diagram and a presentation about yourself, and key highlights. 3. Round 2: A long (~3.5hrs) virtual onsite interview. - 1 hour - presentation about yourself and craft demo. Follow-up questions on the craft demo. Prepare all the choices you made and be ready to talk on many why-ies. - 1 hour - LC medium. - 1 hour - JS concepts (as this role was more for a front-end team), APIs, etc. - 30 mins - hiring manager round with behavioral questions and some high-level technical discussions.

Interview Questions
  • 1. BFS (easy) 2. LCS (medium) 3. Closures, Promises, Call stack, and other JS core concepts, a lot of technical discussions (but it was not about being wrong or right). 4. Where do see yourself 5 years down the line? How would handle a conflict within the team?
6 people found this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in Feb 2022

Interview

Phone interview to discuss compensation and stuff, Technical interview with a couple hackerrank style questions, Full day session where you build a tutorial spring-boot service and then talk about unit testing and stuff. Not overboard, but pretty involved. I was kinda winging it the entire time.

Interview Questions
  • Create a spring boot service. They really didn't go crazy with standard "what are your strengths?" type questions.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview process was smooth and organized, which consisted of a recruiter call, and 2 stages of technical interviews. Stage 1: - 1hr technical interview with Stage 2: - 4 rounds of about 1 hr long, 3 technical and 1 behavioral

Interview Questions
  • Easy-medium leetcode and high level system design question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Calcutta) in Dec 2021

Interview

1st round - Hackerrank(2 Easy DSA questions) 2nd round - Telephonic round(1 on LinkedList, 1 on arrays) 3rd round - They gave me a take home assignment(1 day time). They gave a very blunt question which didn't have any detail. We have to use our imagination to build the microservice. During the demo, they asked questions on scenarios which are not at all relevant to the requirements It's a total waste of time of 2 days

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA