Intuit Software Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intuit

Campus Recruiting9%
HardAverageEasy
Found 12 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON
Application

I interviewed at Intuit (Oakville, ON)

Interview

1. Recruiter call 2. Phone interview 3 in person round 4 hours. The manager was good , but the panel of interviewers at the day of in person round seemed like they are learning to interview people. Intuit as a big company should ask some experienced people to interview for positions instead of wasting everybody’s time.

Interview Questions
  • In the technical phone interview the interviewer asked all sort of .net wpf questions. It was a good experience. Then they asked me to prepare a presentation / solution for rule engine. 2 people in the in person round were not able to explain me clearly what they are looking for. You can not expect someone to build a rule engine for you. They wasted my 2 days . The expectation was not clear. I felt like the interviewers have never taken interviews before. They were not at all the experienced They rejected me saying I don’t have enough fundamental knowledge which was a surprise as they just couldn’t speak up clearly what they were looking for. One of the worst experience ever
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

It started last month in January where they had given open ended question to create API for one of their project. I implemented it pretty good and added more things than were asked. So I was called for onsite interview. They asked me to improve on the same project I worked on before. I did well and implemented whatever they asked except one question in two - three rounds of interview. Now they rejected me by saying I haven't covered small things in my project in first round. I don't understand why they called me onsite if they didn't like the project at first place. You cannot expect to develop production ready stuff in 4-6 hours. especially when you say its open ended question. Worst interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Create bunch of Api for project in 4-6 hours.
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in Jan 2018

Interview

Organized, well planned and Relevant. The interviewers were very to the point and specific on questions. Questions seemed very relevant to the profile. After the online round , all other f2f interviews were conducted o the same day.

Interview Questions
  • Design a priority queue, design and API for tic-tac-toe with code and expln, Multithreading and collections specific questions. Focus is more on design and problem solving
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

The process took 7 weeks. I was referred by an employee. First, had phone screens with a recruiter and a hiring manager, both of which went pretty well. Then I had phone interviews with 3 different teams. The first interview was with an engineer who seemed overly serious and somewhat rude. He kept saying stuff like 'everything you type will be reviewed by the whole team to evaluate your skills'. Maybe it's just me, but such pressure made me really nervous, and I messed up on an easy interview question that I just practiced a day ago. After this, nobody got back to me for 2 weeks. Already assuming I bombed the interview, I moved on with my life. In 2 weeks, the same recruiter called me again and asked if I am available for another phone interview (no feedback about the first interview). My research of the position indicated that the new interview was for a position in a different team. Because the recruiter claimed the position was 'urgent', I scheduled it first thing in the morning the day after my vacation - only to be stood up by the interviewer. On the same day, a different recruiter called me to set up an interview with yet a different team, while the interview I was stood up for also got rescheduled. Both second and third phone interviews took place on the same day. I had pleasant experience with both engineers. One of the teams ended up getting back to me the next day to invite me onsite. From technical perspective, the onsite interview was not too hard for an average person (depending on one’s skills), but there were a few questions that caught me by surprise. For instance, I had to build a simple html/css/javascript page that calls a public API (no frameworks or libraries), which is not something an average software engineer does every day, even if they are frontend focused. The hiring manager dug deeper into my work experience; some of his questions indicated they were looking for someone with a bit more experience than me. About a week later the recruiter called me and explained that the team decided to move forward with a different candidate, and gave me some feedback that I didn’t do that well on the html/css/javascript question. I appreciated getting a quick and direct response. It was also written on my onsite interview invitation that I should expect to hear back within a week of the interview, or contact the VP of Talent Aquisition if I don’t. One of the interviewers told me that it is a recent Intuit’s policy to make hiring decisions quickly and not leave the candidates hanging.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Intuit (Edmonton, AB) in Sep 2017

Interview

Interview process was relaxing and not intense. Technical questions were relevant and there were no tricky ones. A presentation was required to share a past project as well as the implementation of a proof of concept mini project.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Oct 2016

Interview

Very helpful team, I actually enjoyed all the interview process. It took 1 month and it would have worth it even though I wasn't hired. I did 1 intro interview, 2 technical tests, 1 technical interview and 1 personal interview. The response after each test and interview was very quick.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about how I could improve my test if I had more time.
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (India)

Interview

3 rounds, in one day followed by telephonic hr round.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in Dec 2015

Interview

A4A process, which is, Access for Awesome. I had 2 rounds of telephonic interview. One was with a senior technical guy and another with manager from another team (there were technical questions from him as well) Post telephonic rounds, they called me onsite for the interview. At Intuit, A4A process is pretty good. You finish the introduction part by presenting a power point to all your panel members and they will pretty much cover all the questions other than the technical questions during the presentation. Post this, they present you a problem statement and you need to provide a working solution by actually coding it. You get around 45-60 minutes (at times 90) depending on the problem statement. After you're done with it, the questions will be around your solution, which are mostly around the "what, how and why?".

Interview Questions
  • (Telephonic) Asked about the project that I'm currently working on.
  • (Telephonic) More questions around the choice of the technology for the application.
  • (Telephonic) Any problems you've run into while development? How did you solve them.
  • (Telephonic) More questions on caching and caching mechanisms.
  • (Telephonic) LRU implementation
  • (Face to face) Develop a servlet to pull data from database. Pretty straight forward problem statement
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in Sep 2014

Interview

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Cambridge, MA) in Feb 2014

Interview

Spent most of the time in a STAR-based process discussing previous work experiences and scenarios that would arise in the engineering environment in the role I was applying for at the time. Group of interviewers passed through over the course of a few hours, and only one of them was technically demanding.

Interview Questions
  • Please whiteboard a system architecture you have experience with from your previous role
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12