Intuit Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intuit

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 14 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY) in Oct 2020

Interview

I took a coding challenge, and then was invited to interview via Karat with a really nice interviewer who was really involved. To my surprise, the final interview was an exhausting 1.5 hour long interview with 3 software engineers who asked more behavioral questions than I would have thought.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to return an array of words as an array of words but with padding to achieve some given number representing the desired length per word in output.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

2 technical rounds with Karat (coding challenge and live interview) and then one final interview with 2 intuit engineers with behavioral questions, personal project discussion as well as technical questions

Interview Questions
  • Design a bookcase and find nth book and shelf
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

Did coding challenge for student opportunities (didn't apply directly for a job), then they contacted me. Did a karat interview -- the questions were pretty easy and I got through three of them. It seems that for whatever reason some people's final interview is a long technical with multiple people and some people's is a 30 minute behavioral interview? Mine was the latter, it was with a very nice HR person and was about how I embodied Intuit's values.

Interview Questions
  • For "Be passionate": "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond."
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (India)

Interview

Very small amount of time was given as a slot for interview. Interviewer was friendly and nice. Questions description was not very clear and was quite a heavy question given the small time slot.

Interview Questions
  • Design the system for a game like snake and ladders(with proper code) and find minimum number of dice rolls to win(with code).
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.
Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Rochester, NY) in Feb 2014

Interview

Was during the career fair. Just did the line and waited for my turn.

Interview Questions
  • If you are doing a call by ajax. how do you handle any error ?
Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Intuit (Berkeley, CA) in Oct 2013

Interview

I initially applied online, but spoke with them at a career fair. Soon after I heard back from a recruiter, who scheduled an on campus interview. I actually accidentally missed the interview, emailed my recruiter apologizing profusely, and she set up a phone interview to replace it. My interviewers asked similar questions to the posts here- abstract classes vs. interfaces, the different scoping keywords in java, unit testing- From what my interviewers told me, they're not necessarily looking for the absolutely correct answer, but mainly that you at least have a general understanding. The interviews are half behavioral, half technical, so expect to be asked about projects and such from your resume. He asked why I wanted to work at Intuit, and other standard questions.

Interview Questions
  • The abstract class question was posed differently- he said something along the lines of "Suppose you have an interface in which certain aspects of the implementation could be defined and those would carry over to classes implementing it- when do you think that would be useful?" ."
Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in Oct 2013

Interview

Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Questions
  • The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (United States)

Interview

Met them at a campus recruiting event. They were very nice, offered me an interview after I talked to them at their booth. Two 30 minute interviews, one technical, one behavioral. My interviewers were generally pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Some basic algorithm programming questions. Didn't even involve data structures.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (United States) in Oct 2012

Interview

I first saw Intuit at the Grace Hopper conference in Baltimore. Everyone seemed happy and when I went up to talk to them, I said that I was interested in work-life balance, technical challenges, and hackathons and side projects. The woman I was talking to laughed and said, "well then you'll love Intuit!" I had my behavioral interview then and there, and the next day I had my technical one (and that was kind of intimidating, we went to a high top table and I was given just a few minutes per question). Later, after that part, they called me and had me come back to their booth. The same woman I had originally spoken to ran through a few more behavioral questions, and then invited me to the Intuit mixer later that evening (they invited their interviewees to the mixer at the conference). Later that evening at the mixer, they told me that I got the offer! Everyone was amazingly friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function where, given an index, you return the Fibonacci number at that index.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14