Intuit Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Questions

• The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Rochester, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Was during the career fair. Just did the line and waited for my turn.

Interview Questions

• If you are doing a call by ajax. how do you handle any error ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm still under negotiation, but they held a really good offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Met them at a campus recruiting event. They were very nice, offered me an interview after I talked to them at their booth. Two 30 minute interviews, one technical, one behavioral. My interviewers were generally pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Some basic algorithm programming questions. Didn't even involve data structures.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit in October 2012.

Interview

I first saw Intuit at the Grace Hopper conference in Baltimore. Everyone seemed happy and when I went up to talk to them, I said that I was interested in work-life balance, technical challenges, and hackathons and side projects. The woman I was talking to laughed and said, "well then you'll love Intuit!" I had my behavioral interview then and there, and the next day I had my technical one (and that was kind of intimidating, we went to a high top table and I was given just a few minutes per question). Later, after that part, they called me and had me come back to their booth. The same woman I had originally spoken to ran through a few more behavioral questions, and then invited me to the Intuit mixer later that evening (they invited their interviewees to the mixer at the conference). Later that evening at the mixer, they told me that I got the offer! Everyone was amazingly friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a function where, given an index, you return the Fibonacci number at that index.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I told them my Microsoft offer and benefits, and they matched as closely as possible. They also paid for housing and transportation.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had on campus interview screening. Liked the hiring process. Asked very basic questions.
    Then was called for an interview. Interview went well. I screwed up in some plcaes but it went well

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 1000 element, how will you find the element repeated twice in O(n) complexity   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I first spoke with Intuit at a campus career fair. The recruiter mentioned that I go to a school that is one of a handful of "Target Schools" for them. We spoke for a good chunk of time and he said he would pass my resume on to HR. It took a while before they got back to me, but I set up a time to talk with them.

The first interview was an hour long and I spent 30 min talking to one recruiter and 30 min talking to another (the second was the same gentleman from the career fair). They said one would be behavioral and the other would be more technical, but both were a little of each. Both were exceedingly nice. They weren't out to trick me, but rather to asses my knowledge.

They just asked general programming questions and then gave a hypothetical situation and asked how I would approach it.

They later got back to me saying that some of the hiring managers were interested in talking with me. We set up a time to speak with 2 separate managers and this was just a pretty straightforward resume review / get to you phone call.

I got a call back about a week later saying they were interested and got a formal offer a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe Abstract classes vs Interfaces in Java.   1 Answer
    • The second was an abstract problem and I was to describe how / what I would implement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary as an intern

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Consisted of two 45 min phone interviews. First one was with HR, second one was technical. HR Interview was more of a fit interview. I was asked about my skill sets and background. It's important that you show to HR that you have a passion for computer science & software. I actually interviewed with three different teams because the HR Rep really liked me and wanted to find me a position that suited my background. The technical interview consisted of a lot of java questions and objected oriented design questions. Questions include interfaces, abstract classes, inheritance, polymorphism. Coding question was to write a method that tells whether a string is a palindrome or not.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question
    • When would it be appropriate to use an abstract class, and when would you want to implement an interface rather than extending a class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, since it is an internship position, there is no negotiation.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2012.

Interview

On campus interview with two 1:1. One asked programming questions and the other one asked behavioral and design questions.

The programming questions included looking at code and fixing it and coding a few specific functions.
    The design questions included questions like encapsulation and project design.

Interview Questions

• Code a function to see if two circles are overlapping on a coordinate plane.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

Interview

I gave my resume to Intuit's booth at the college career fair, and was called for an on-campus interview a few weeks (<1 month) later. This interview was 1hr, and I switched between two interviewers. The first person asked personal questions, eg., "Tell me about an experience that challenged you," while the second asked me to analyse a simple bit of code. I then had a phone interview with Intuit's recruiter, and another phone interview with the project manager (both were personal, focused on resume). Finally, I had an interview over WebEx with two engineers, which was technical. I have yet to hear back from Intuit.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   2 Answers
    • What does the keyword 'final' mean?   Answer Question
    • What does 'overload' and 'override' mean?   Answer Question