Intuit Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied on campus, there was one in-person interview that was technical and one behavioral interview that was also in person. The questions asked where pretty standard and just regular first and second year questions, and they are quite interested in your team and soft skills in addition to your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge you had in a past group project and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intuit in March 2017.

Interview

Went in through a referral. There was a getting to know you portion of the process, which made it less intimidating and my recruiter was extremely communicative, which made the waiting process feel less stressful. I liked that I was given feedback at every stage and no one was afraid to tell me their real opinions on the company, jobs, and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What technological interests do you have aside from development?   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing! You feedback helps inform our Glassdoor community. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience every step of the way. Communication is extremely important.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Got connected with the recruiter on LinkedIn. Got through phone round within 3 weeks, and onsite was really challenging. The overall process took 6-7 weeks. Everyone was really friendly and asked good questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

applied through college or university and was contacted for a small technical challenge. The challenge lasted 20 minutes, then you explain your solution to them. The problem isn't too difficult, but it was difficult to come up with a clean solution in twenty minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2017.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter and was asked to take an online coding challenge. Within a week I got a call for a live video interview with Karat. The guy who interviewed me was quite friendly. He first asked me to introduce myself. Then I was asked to explain how I solved the online coding challenge. I went through my code. And then he gave me a question to code and asked me a way to optimize it. After solving that question he gave me one more question to code. By that time I didn't have much time left so I explained that how will I solve the problem. It was a very good experience.
    It's been 3 weeks but I didn't hear back form them. I mailed to my recruiter twice but no response.
    Waiting for a response from them still.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Hello and thanks for writing this review. We are sorry that you've had a negative experience. If you'd like to provide us more details, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com and we can... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

On campus interview. Had 2 interviewers at the same time. Asked about background experience (previous jobs and projects), then moved on to technical questions. Got back to me about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Without going too much into detail, one was a tree traversal problem and a bit of dynamic programming or recursion.
      Other was a design problem, possibly looking to see your understanding of Java classes, polymorphism, and all that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through GHC and received a coding challenge. It had just one question, and the time limit was 2 hours. Second round was a video interview with screen sharing, where they asked about the approach I used to solve the first round coding challenge, and then one other coding question.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, algorithms and string manipulation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, online assessment, video interview by karat, phone interview by manager, phone interview for tech, onsite .
    Totally negative experience with Intuit. I have taken 5 round of phone/video/online interview before I got the onsite. I never had so many round before the onsite, and more surprisingly, I was asked to prepare a presentation(Never heard about it for SED interview) and I also need to do a project according to their requirement. These are so wired I should give up as early as possible. But I wasted so many time to take all these phone interview, prepare for the presentation, coding project...On the day of onsite, only after I present my project I was asked to leave because I am too junior and they are looking for senior level. Actually I applied for SDE position which is a entry level but the recruiter send me senior SDE JD. But they still asked me go through so many round and asked me to prepare ppt and project and I take one day off to drive 1 hour to the onsite and present for 1 hour and was asked to leave! They really don't care about wasting others time, very irrespective.
    I should notice that almost all the senior SED interview experience in Glassdoor has no offer, I should give up at the time I feel wired about the interview process. So pity about the time I wasted for Intuit.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a API and do a demo. prepare a PPT to present your project at work.   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for sharing this review and we're sorry it was a negative experience with us. Please email us directly at candidate_care@intuit.com if you'd like to provide any more feedback to us. We... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an email from and talked to a recruiter about a position he found that was more of a fit and not what I applied for. I thought that was great--I would be an even stronger candidate. But then I never heard from the recruiter again, not even after a follow-up email. All together, probably 2 hours of my life wasted.

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for sharing this. If you'd like to provide any more context, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com .. we hope you will still consider Intuit in the future!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a coding challenge on HackerRank, a phone screen with a recruiter, and then an interview at the Grace Hopper Celebration. The recruiter did not call me at the time we had set up for the interview and had to reschedule with me. My final round interviewers behaved very unprofessionally - both of them unexpectedly stepped out for 5 minutes during my 45 minute interview, and they did not let me flesh out a thought process without interrupting me multiple times.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we're sorry you had a negative experience. If you'd like to provide more details to us, please email us at candidate_care@intuit.com. We are... More