Intuit Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was told that the interview process has changed recently where in a take home project is given to candidates. If the candidate moves to the next stage, he will be called on-site. Intuit's technical folks and architects are smart and very friendly. On the other hand, the recruiters are very slow in their responses, follow-ups and actions, and they make a good company appear sub-par.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from recruiters fairly quickly who scheduled a phone screen interview. Phone screen didn't go well though it was not tough. Though I didn't clear the phone screen, the recruiter contacted me after a few days to provide feedback on my interview. Also, one of the recruiters provided advice on how to improve my resume. Overall, I left with a good impression of the company and it's hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Online coding exercise during phone screen was conducted. Problem required usage of Java data structures to sort and print a custom POJO on the basis of the primary key variable and secondarily on the basis of another variable (second variable can be updated dynamically).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me recently, knowing me very well from an interview with the company I did a few years ago that did not work out. I had kept in touch over the years. Recruiter thought of some openings that would be a good fit for me so put me in touch with hiring manager.
    Basically process consisted of a phone call with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager who asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions, followed by a half day meeting and interviewing on site. Questions were very thorough- they like to get deep on technical questions while also understanding soft skills very well. All questions asked were reasonable, albeit difficult in some cases. That is, no one asked pointless condescending technical questions or irrelevant brain teasers. All conversations were targeted and relevant to actual work needing to be done at Intuit. Also, every single interview always made sure I got time to ask a billion of my own questions.
    Feedback process was quick. Never had more than 36 hours go by without hearing from a recruiter or hiring manager by phone or email. Absolutely excellent talent acquisition team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer. Interview is challenging, but understandably so. Hard work to be done at Intuit, but seems like the company rewards compensates accordingly.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone Screening Intro, Craft Demos, panel discussion by teams, final interview with hiring manager. Allowed to share my thoughts for any questions they asked. Discussed business scenarios and possible resolution plan. It was awesome process.

Interview Questions

• It was positive experience. People were nice. Like craft demo which help to have discussion with team instead of traditional interview structure.   6 Answers

Intuit Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for providing this review and we are glad you chose to join us at Intuit!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Design and develop an elevator control system simulator. Demo this assignment to a panel of 4.
    This is followed by 3 1:1 interviews with each of the panelists. Focus is on knowledge of restful web services, amazon web services, no sql databases.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Recruiters are horrible. They dont communicate to candidates properly.

Interview Questions

• Everything was within my reach   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Interview

random recruiters call asking for different positions. they arrange interviews. i got thru 2 phone rounds easily. they said they will bring onsite. suddenly gets an email that teams shuffled and the requirement freeze.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very nice interview process. Nice people. They all liked me and felt I am a good fit for a senior software engineer.I really enjoyed the interview. But they could not open up a new req for that position.

Interview Questions

• Prepare well with what you have in your resume along with debugging production issues, data structures and some problem solving skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I had 7 interviewers spanning a broad range of job functions and areas of focus (engineers, architects, product managers, directors). One interviewer commented after looking at the schedule that the loop might be uncommonly thorough. They asked me questions around technical ability, prioritization, strategy, and situational leadership.

The group was very transparent about the challenges facing the team (after starting here, I can confirm that what they portrayed is indeed reflective of the situation on the ground). Most of the interviewers were very polished, asking questions that really made me think, truly respecting areas of my experience I was not at liberty to talk about, and ensuring a pretty smooth flow to the conversation. One of my interviewers was a little too blunt with the behavioral interviewing best practices, but this had the hallmarks of someone new to interviewing rather than a serious red flag. I wish the loop had gone deeper on hard technical capabilities, as I felt there were some relevant depth of skillset on coding and design that was not quantified as well as it could have been.

Overall a long, challenging day but very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging (and interesting) question was about a strategy for finding signal in a noisy and poorly understood data set. Asking a software engineer a data science question really stretches the mental muscles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was different from other places I worked in that I was expected to supply the first set of numbers. This is always tricky as you don't want to leave comp on the table but also don't want to turn off an interested team with sky high demands. After that hurdle, I felt that the recruiter actually went to bat for me (as nearly all will say but so few will actually do) in having the comp meet my requirements.

My advice is to have a set of clear, well-grounded comp targets at the start of the negotiations process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Nice and professional way

Feel Not fit the culture