Intuit Tax Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Tax Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.7

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone inter view in 3 total, then a video interview since job was remote. Video interview included 2 managers and a test on how i would do on a job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in November 2018.

Interview

Interview was in three phases.

First phase was an assessment that asked technical tax questions.

Second phase was a short phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview was more conversational above all. The recruiter described the role, the type of person they need to fit this role, and the pay/ benefits.

Third phase was a virtual interview with two Intuit professionals. The virtual interview was short and it involved completing a mock call. In the mock call the interviewer "calls" as the client and you are to answer their questions to the best of your ability using the TurboTax website, IRS publications, or google. The interviewer made three separate "calls" during the mock call, essentially asking three separate questions. The questions required quick critical thinking and decent communication skills but it was relatively easy to answer.

After the three phases of the interview process, the recruiter reached out to me on the same day to let me know that I had got offered the position. The whole interview process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• I filed my tax return and I would like to know if I itemized or if I took the standard deduction.   Answer Question
    • I received the error code "IND-031-04" upon filing my tax return. What did I do wrong and how do I properly file the tax return?   Answer Question
    • I am in the process of completing my tax return through my web browser and I am unable to continue further through the page. I keep clicking continue but nothing happens.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Lafayette, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

They want to make sure you can handle difficult questions without faltering. You need to sound confident (even if you aren't ) You MUST do your research and give correct information to the interviewer. They will ask you questions pertaining to tax law that you must answer correctly ONLY by using their website or IRS.gov (this ensures accuracy) They will ask you software Navigation questions as well.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls and is very angry, how will you handle that?   2 Answers

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week. Follow-up phone interview. Originally told that employment was available immediately, and then was told employment was not available for over two months. Communication with recruiter was not consistent and they seem disorganized and could not remember our prior communications prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• We have start dates at the end of January 2018.   2 Answers

Intuit Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for providing a review on your experience. We're sorry you decided not to move forward with the role and hope you'll consider us again next year.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was over the telephone. I as asked what I would do in certain situations and then wss asked questions that required me to do online research to find the answer. Not too bad.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process was very smooth. I was interviewed by a few people and they were all very nice. I was quizzed to make sure I knew tax information and relevant information.

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thanks for the great review! We are glad you joined Intuit.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview went great the person who interviewed me was nice, and didn't feel uncomfortable like some interviews can be. I felt very relax in the interview. If considering going for this interview I would advise to familiarize yourself with their products.

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Remote, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is done in phases.
    Phase 1
    You apply on their website for the position and then you complete a preliminary assessment test. If you pass the assessment test then your application is in the pool for consideration by a recruiter.

Phase 2
    A recruiter email you to schedule an informal telephone interview with them. Don't worry it is a very short and direct interview. The recruiter will ask you to tell them what is your understanding regarding the position. And then if she sees you compatible she will move you forward to the interview with the Hiring Manager.

Phase 3
    For the interview you have to call in to a conference call and you maybe interviewed by one or two managers. I interviewed with one person and personally it was the best interview I have ever experienced. You can really tell that the Manager enjoyed his work and the company. I was asked some general situation based questions, some tax related terminology, and then a role play where you had to use your research skills to find the answer.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time that you had to manage an irate customer?   Answer Question

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Interview

The process took a little over a week. Once I applied for the position and completed the original assessment I received a call the next day to schedule the first phone interview with the actual interviewer. The first interview was quite pleasant and we connected quickly. She asked some behavioral based questions about what I would do in this situation or what steps did I take in a past situation. I advised the her that I worked for Intuit through a third party vendor in a similar role and I used my experiences from this situation to answer the questions. The interviewer passed me to the next stage of the interview process which was another assessment. Once I completed the second assessment, I received a phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule and interview with two hiring managers. This interview took place on the next business day, which was a Monday, and I was required to dial into a conference bridge. I dialed into the conference about five minutes early to ensure punctuality. Immediately, the main interviewer asked questions about my most recent work experience and her qualms about how that position would fit in with this one. Next, she discussed more about the role and what the task entailed. She emphasized that they wanted someone who knew about tax and I advised her that I work in a similar role. She informed me that there were many changes since I worked with Intuit. I was asked behavioral questions by both managers such as how did I handle an irate customers and how would I walk a customer's through a troubleshooting a non-responsive printer. Lastly, I performed two role plays using the help tool on the website. I advised the managers in the mock scenarios of the policies on adding a w-2 after the customer filed their return and what to do with the information in box 12 with a code dd. I could sense that one of the hiring managers was not in favor of me from the beginning of the conference call. Her tone was monotone the whole time. The other hiring manager was very pleasant but she didn't speak as much. After I asked the question below and was given the answer from the hiring manager that did majority of the speaking, I knew that I did not pass this interview. I received an email the next day informing me that they chose to go with other candidates were a better fit.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked by the hiring managers were typical behavioral based questions and weren't that difficult. When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked the hiring managers what is their ideal candidate and about the training, questions that I've asked in the past and is recommended to ask on an interview.   1 Answer

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Interview

This was one of the most fun and interesting interviews I've ever had. It was a phone interview with 2 managers. Besides the personal chit chat, the interview was broken down into three parts.
    Review of the Position: Managers spoke about the difference between tax advice and tax information.
    Questions about experience: How you handle irate clients on the telephone. Describe tax experience.
    Role play: Using TurboTax website, look up answers to common client issues.

Overall, the interview was moderately easy. The managers I spoke with where personable and easy to talk to. They seem to enjoy their job and that's always a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Describe your tax experience both paid and unpaid.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Seems like they have a set salary schedule. I was offered a step above base pay, which worked for me. I didn't really negotiate anything.