Intuit Interview Questions in Woodland Hills, CA | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions in Woodland Hills, CA

3.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview with lead went well. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview with the lead developers and then the architect and finally the manager. Asked to prepare a small craft project for the interview. Spent probably 8 hrs on a great PHP site which was perfect for a small website, only to be told it needed to be in Java. The requirements also specify a login so I did a basic email login but they actually wanted full authentication and session management which was also not specified. Similarly I was asked by HR to prepare a 20 min talk but the hiring manager did not seem interested in hearing the presentation. They said I had a week and should have spent a lot longer on the craft project. After a 30 min interview I don't see how anyone could justify spending 2 or 3 days on an interview project. Need to get HR and the hiring manager on the same page regarding the requirements and the interview process. Please just specify the technologies to use and it will be done, or if you want people to choose the right tool for the job then the solution will not be in Java.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions, no whiteboard coding, no difficult algorithm questions, no OOP design questions. Just basic stuff regarding technology and previous experience.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A cheap and unpleasant experience.

First they booked me a redeye right after the interview without asking for my input. Come on... Then they refused to reimburse me.

The interview was a bit messed up. People were nice but the data challenge should come before onsite, not the other way around ... Really hit me hard on the time frame. But what really confused me was how they never responded to my reimbursement request. What a shame.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a phone screening firstly by the recruiter, followed by technical phone interview couple of days later. Then four rounds of technical interview onsite, followed by discussions with the hiring manager after couple of days. This was followed by rounds of negotiations with the recruiter. The entire process was smooth and the recruiter always kept me in loop.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was so perfect for this job but these folks WAY over think it all and end up just being kind of creepy.

Interview Questions

• This was a textbook interview–they did not surprise me at all.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the in-house recruiter two weeks later. She just asked some general questions to make sure I was still interested and asked my salary range. She then told me I was in the ballpark and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day. Because I didn't live in the area, I would have a phone interview with him, then possibly a phone interview with four of his team.

The hiring manager asked some technical questions and some behavioral questions. It did seem that I didn't have enough of the development skills he was looking for. He sounded competent, but position didn't sound very well defined. Toward end of interview, he asked if I had any questions. The only thing I could think of was to say something like "so you have 4 people working for you?' Well, he got really flustered and rambled for a few minutes trying to explain how the departments were organized. He then admitted that he only had one person and one other was on medical leave.

I was told that the recruiter would contact me. She has not.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied to a job listing on Dice and got a call back after a couple of weeks from their internal recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a week after. I sat and waited and he never called me. The recruiter called me back after two weeks and scheduled another phone interview. He calls me 45 minutes late! I went through the phone interview and he suggested that I'm a strong candidate and will be contacting the recruiter to set up a panel interview with other IT heads who were supposed to fly in from another location. My panel interview was supposed to be in two days. The recruiter called me today and said "I'm sorry, but the hiring manager asked me to cancel the interview for tomorrow." I nicely stated that the interview was NOT tomorrow but the day after and disconnected the call.

To sum it up, I will never consider working for this company again. It is an absolute embarrassment. I have never dealt with such unprofessional group of people before in my career.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. It was the company that was difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Technical Phone Screen.
    three hour interview ranging from detailed tech questions to personality and thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Explain, in detail, the difference between private and public key encryption.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very good negotiatiors