Intuitive Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Most intense & enjoyable process I've experienced (tied w/ Medtronic Leadership program interviews). Initial HR conversation w/ Ken, followed by in-person meetings, dispelled any concerns I originally had about culture (based on old reviews on this site). This place is filled w/ super passionate, smart, engaging, good people. If you want a 9-5 job, where you don't ever have to work late, this may not be the right place for you. But it's definitely a culture that respects work/life balance contrary to what older reviews may state. About interview: 1st step: phone call w/ HR-- expect to speak w/ an extremely intelligent (IQ *and* EQ)/product-savvy pro who will not bore you w/ conventional, generic questions. Ken could do any number of the jobs he's recruiting for. 2nd step: in-person day of interviews (probably 6-7 meetings) and 1 hr for presentation (you pick relevant topic--choose wisely, know your audience). Whole process moved quickly. Very efficient, high-touch & high-tech (effective use of online component, etc). This seems like the ideal way to handle recruiting/hiring.

Interview Questions

• Interviews are very conversational. Be prepared to speak in-depth about anything on your resume (obviously). Prepare good questions that you're actually interested in knowing the answers to.   Answer Question

Aug 3, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for such a thoughtful and extensive review as we really appreciate feedback like yours and others to help us to share with everyone that we care about our candidates interview experience... More

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience so far. Surprised that they got me involved while they had no clear idea about the position they were trying to fill (they changed the title after the process). One day after receiving the hiring manager call (to make sure I am still interested in the position), HR calls it an end!

NPI Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied at the end of Sept, received a phone call by Mid October. Relatively quick phone call about background of the role and my background. Discussed some of the DfM task that I've done. Talked about how the role will be supporting robotics & mechanical mechanism product.

Although the phone interview was cut short, I was invited onsite to visit their floor and have a design question right on the fly. I doubt I got the job since I wasn't performing my best and I don't have a lot of mechanism design background.

Interview Questions

• I have an assembly that rotates a moment arm. The assembly is fixed while the moment arm is in a controlled rotation by the electronic assem. How do I devise a test fixture that measures the brake force of the rotating assembly when there is an applied force. How do I devise a test fixture that measures Frictional force of the rotating arm assembly?   Answer Question
    • What sort of fixtures have you designed in the past?   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate you taking the time to review your onsite interview with us and we thank you for your interest in our company.

Navigation Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Davis, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I introduced myself about my previous projects and some courses work. And was asked some very basic questions about mechanical and computer engineering. We talked about a ongoing project in the team and what kind of candidate the team is look for.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for speaking with us about an internship position from Davis. We are happy to hear that you were able to speak to your coursework and projects and overall it was a positive experience. We... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Had the phone interview scheduled for around thirty minutes. Mostly of the questions were based on python, previous work related questions and one general puzzle. Could answer all the questions.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR recruiter to review candidate experience and competencies, discuss job responsibilities, and field any candidate questions. Immediate phone interview with hiring manager scheduled. Upon completion of phone interview a formal, on-site interview was scheduled. This involved a full day of interviews with leadership within the sales, marketing, and data analytics teams, as well as a candidate presentation on a case study from previous experience to a panel of key stakeholders within the organization. Throughout the process there was significant communication by HR recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• In your own words please provide and overview of what you understand the responsibilities and requirements of the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

A big congrats to you on your new position with us at Intuitive Surgical! We so appreciate your review of your experience with our interviewing process and we're excited that you have joined the... More

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It started off with a phone screening followed by a long Webex interview. The interviewers were very nice and answered the questions asked thoughtfully. Overall it was a good experience despite being a competitive role.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Although you did not receive an offer from us , we really appreciate knowing that your experience with us was positive. Thank you again.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Phone screen followed by face to face interview with various functional members. It was a grilling experience but also got an opportunity to tour the headquarters and see the operating theaters set up for animal labs

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for applying and interviewing for this position and congrats on accepting our offer. We are continuing to expand our PMO office and we're happy you will be a part of it!

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

2 steps that you go through.
    1. Quick phone interview with the agency. After that, you need to take the English & math(10m), lego(15m), and wiring tests(3m. this is the most crazy part). This is in agency side.
    2. If you passed step 1. They will schedule a facing interview with a manager or supervisor of the company. The interview questions were basic. After the interview, you would need to wait for a company trainer for another test that assembled a company product(20m).

All the tests were time limited. Making sure you finish on time, especially English and math test. if you fail the test in the first time they will never give you a second chance. To prepare your communication vocabulary and math ( division, multiplication, and subtraction).

Interview questions are below:

Interview Questions

• What were/are you doing in your former/current job?
      Tell me your day. how is it going?
      why are you leaving your job?
      why is this company?   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for your review of your positive experience with our interview process. We go through great lengths to ensure we are targeting and hiring the right candidates for our open positions and... More

Director Human Resources Ntl Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I cannot say enough positive comments about my candidate experience with Intuitive Surgical. Intuitive is, without question, committed to their employees and that is certainly exemplified in my candidate experience. They were expeditious in following up, considerate, and treated me with the greatest professionalism. It has been an absolute pleasure.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very thorough and they asked a multitude of questions about my experience and how I might fit culturally.   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for accepting our offer to join our Atlanta and U.S. team! We thank you for this review and we are pleased that you had a positive experience with us while visiting both our Sunnyvale, CA... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in August 2017.

Interview

Very thorough. Be prepared to speak with several different individuals, with different roles. In order to move to the next round you will need their support. Started with a standard phone interview with HR, followed by interviews with multiple sales reps, managers and director(s) and field ride. Expect a minimum of 5 touch-points. Be prepared to answer a few behavioral questions but most interviews were conversational in nature. It is very clear through the whole process they want to pick the right people to work for this company...the culture is very protected.