Intuitive Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager HTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in December 2017.

Interview

This is the best interview experience I have ever had. Intuitive Surgical does their best to work in everyone that you will be working with in a single day. The interviewers were open-minded, enthusiastic, and clearly dedicated to the company and its products. It was clear from my interactions with the interviewers Intuitive Surgical has a great company culture.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specifically but the interviewers are interested in understanding the vision you have for the position, how you resolve internal and external issues, and the nature of your successes.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Wow, what a positive review on us! Thank you! We're so happy you have joined our great company and we look forward to you thriving here! Thank you again.

Planner Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

went thru first and second process but did not make it to the last and final interview, they are looking for someone that have previous experience in medical planning.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for your review of your interview experience with us. We are happy that you were engaged within 3 days of applying, however, due to the nature of our business we do often require prior... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and one round of on site interview. I talked with an HR on the phone and during the onsite interview process, met with the engineers, hiring manager and so

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 22, 2016 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. Overall it sounds like you had a positive and speedy interview process with us that included the opportunity to meet with... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Had the phone interview scheduled for around thirty minutes. Mostly of the questions were based on python, previous work related questions and one general puzzle. Could answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

A software engineer contacted me with a kind of screen assignment (summaries an academic paper and describe an approach to reproduce it). One week later, the same engineer interviewed me over phone for 30 mins and then they move me forward to two one-hour technical rounds via WebEx. Everything went smoothly and a few weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical coding problems (e.g. reverse an array) plus some geometry problems (e.g. barycentric)   Answer Question

Mar 2, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate you writing this review of your positive experience with our interview process. Congratulations on your offer to join our company and we look forward to career development with us.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It started off with a phone screening followed by a long Webex interview. The interviewers were very nice and answered the questions asked thoughtfully. Overall it was a good experience despite being a competitive role.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Although you did not receive an offer from us , we really appreciate knowing that your experience with us was positive. Thank you again.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience so far. Surprised that they got me involved while they had no clear idea about the position they were trying to fill (they changed the title after the process). One day after receiving the hiring manager call (to make sure I am still interested in the position), HR calls it an end!

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we strive to learn from each and every candidates experience with us and we are all about continuous improvement. We are a dynamic company, and... More

Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by an interview with the local manager and his director. Next came a field ride with a rep in another city, followed by one on one interview with the Regional Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

• What is something in your current job that frustrates you and how do you manage that frustration or deal with that situation?   Answer Question

Jun 24, 2015 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for taking your time to write this review of your experience with us. We hope you enjoyed the field ride and interview with our Regional Director. The field rides give our candidates a... More

Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

So far I have only had a phone interview but I was very impressed with how organized they were. Prior to my interview I was contacted by a staffing specialist who scheduled the interview. Then he followed up with a very detailed email about who will contact me and to confirm my contact information. He also included the person's phone number just in case I missed her call. The phone interview was very professional and very well conducted. I'm still in the interview process but I'm certain every step will be conducted in such an organized and professional manner!

Interview Questions

• She wanted to learn about who I was and all of the questions naturally followed from that point on.   Answer Question

Jun 24, 2015 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for your review on us. We pride ourselves on managing an organized interview process to create a better candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in our process and thank you for... More

Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in February 2016.

Interview

The experience with the phone screen interview was great! The recruiter was very interested in my experience and very genuine in her interest in our conversation. From there it was an interview with the hiring Managers.

This was a terrible experience! Despite my numerous achievements in my career they were extremely skeptical. The questions were positioned more to figure out if I was telling the truth versus tell me about your experience with X. I felt extremely uncomfortable throughout the process. I believe that just as it is important for the hiring manager to find the best candidate it is important for me as a candidate to better understand the company and get to know who I will be working for to see if it is a great fit.

When I gave examples I was asked everything short of the exact date and time when that event occurred. The hiring managers came across with a "we are superior attitude." I was drilled for a full hour, and during that entire time when I would give my response they seemed disengaged and bored out of their minds. I really should have just cut the interview short and thanked them for their time and just moved right on.

Some constructive feedback for you hiring managers, if you are interviewing someone for a sales role, telling a potential candidate that your representatives who have been with you a year aren't even remotely close to hitting quota, not so motivating for someone with extensive sales experience to come and work for you. It also doesn't speak very highly of you as a manager. Just a bit of advice to the "hiring manager" who is trying to attract talent.

I had done previous research on Intuitive culture and have read it is a "bullish" and micromanaged environment. I am all about a performance driven environment, hence why I'm in sales. However, I expect the company that I work for to have a balance between helping me develop in my career and trusting in my skill set and competency to exceed expectations. So based on the research I did on what the culture may be like, the hiring managers definitely lived up to that research. I really was hoping the research I did was inaccurate. If you take a look at the tenure of their representatives you will also see that most of them have only been with the company 1-2 years so lots of turn-over, not a place where I want to be.

I am really thankful I didn't get a call back because I would have pulled my name out of the process after that experience. A loss for the company really, I have been a top sales representative in the medical industry winning numerous President's Club awards, their loss. They couldn't pay me enough to work for them, thanks, but no thanks!

Interview Questions

• Run through your resume and tell me how you grew in your sales skills within each role? Question was followed up by at least 3+ questions to continue to "dig deeper"   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2016 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for all the detail you provided to us in your review. We take these reviews extremely seriously as we pride ourselves on trying to ensure a positive candidate experience for everyone. We... More

Clinical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. Three pending interviews