Intuitive Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager HTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in December 2017.

Interview

This is the best interview experience I have ever had. Intuitive Surgical does their best to work in everyone that you will be working with in a single day. The interviewers were open-minded, enthusiastic, and clearly dedicated to the company and its products. It was clear from my interactions with the interviewers Intuitive Surgical has a great company culture.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specifically but the interviewers are interested in understanding the vision you have for the position, how you resolve internal and external issues, and the nature of your successes.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Wow, what a positive review on us! Thank you! We're so happy you have joined our great company and we look forward to you thriving here! Thank you again.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interesting took a lot of time on background and your sales process. They said this job was only for a chosen few. It was in a small area and expansion role. Very concerned about that

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Terrible experience with the recruter. She was extremely rude! first call was cancelled. second call started late. I spent hours researching the company and She didn't want to answer my questions. I felt like she was in rush and wanted to get rid of me.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

May 14, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience interviewing with our team. We strive to create a positive experience for our candidates and it clearly did not happen in your case. We would... More

Director, Supply Chain Management Interview

Interview

Ken, who heads Executive Recruiting was extremely personable, professional throughout the interview process, he provided me with ample information throughout the interview cycle, answered all my questions, followed up with me after each interview session. Ken was especially great in explaining the benefits package over the weekend, his work ethic shows how passionate he is about his job and Intuitive Surgical. He is really easy to talk to, and I built a great level of trust in his ability. He had me excited about the opportunity, appraised me of all the steps in the process, even called me overseas from time to time. I end up not talking the job at IS due to the family emergency out of the country, Ken was kind enough to call me to check on my personal situation, I felt I gained a good friend that cares. I am really amazed with his personal touch to the hiring process, his responsiveness and open communication. Although I will be missing working at IS with Ken, however I am glad that I met him and can take this experience with me in the next chapter of my work life to share with other recruiting community.

Interview Questions

• How can I drive value using Six Sigma and cost reduction strategies?   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

You are very kind to have written this thoughtful review and we so appreciate it. We are saddened about your family situation and we hope that at some point in the future when you are ready you can... More

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

Ken, who heads Executive Recruiting was my first introduction to and 'face ' of the Company and his excellent stewardship through the interview process led to my acceptance of their offer of employment. Ken was incredibly responsive, knowledgeable and articulated the clear strategy and future propsects for IS while connecting my role and its direct relationship to IS' growth and success. During the interview process, he kept me apprised at all times and followed up with me after each round of interviews to check back in, answer any questions and provided a very personalized touch to the recruitment process. Ken was especially influential and helpful in describing IS' total rewards and benefits package, including highlighting their equity program which serves as a clear differentiator from other companies and has been very successful in employee retention. In short, in all of my interviews through the years, IS and Ken clearly provide the gold standard for recruitment of any senior hire. Look forward to working for a Company that is truly changing patient's lives and advancing healthcare through its technology.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult and contentious executive departure and what steps did you take that resulted in a positive outcome for the Company?   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

.Wow! What a thoughtful review of our executive recruiting here at ISI. We thank you for writing this summary of your positive experience with our interviewing process and we are so excited that you... More

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through a referral and had a phone screening scheduled a few days later with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager shortly thereafter. Basic questions about my background. Then was invited to interview on-site the following week. A number of one on ones with engineers at the junior and senior levels. Also interviewed with a clinical engineer.

Interview Questions

• Asked to solve a beam bending problem with a point load and distributed load.   Answer Question
    • Asked to draw the free body diagram for a wheel moving over a curb.   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate you taking time to provide us feedback on your interview process. Best of luck to you.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in March 2018.

Interview

Met the company representatives at a career fair. Got the email to schedule a day for the interview. Only one round of phone interview. The interview was taken by the 3-4 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on resume, previous work and projects.
      What I expect from the internship.
      Why Intuitive Surgical.   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds - HR round, Phone round with a designer, senior architect and developer. Finally there was a 2 hour on-site white-boarding exercise with design directions throughout the entire session.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe your design process
      2) Who do you follow and read in the industry?   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Congratulations on accepted an offer with us! Happy to hear that you had a positive interview process with us and that you will join our great company. We wish you all the best in your upcoming... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

It was a phone Interview with would be managers. I got the call 3 days after I applied, which I think was pretty fast for a company this big. The questions were very specific and detailed.

Service Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with my potential manager and then a group interview with the same potential manager and a few others in the group.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 9, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate your time in writing this review. We are happy that you had a positive experience and that you have joined us. We wish you all the best in your growth and development here at ISI.

Manager, Trade Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Every aspect of the interview process was 1st class. HR was VERY proactive with scheduling qualified candidates. Communication was superb and the quality of the individuals involved left me with a greater sense of excitement. In the end, I was out-qualified, but thankful for the experience.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Even though you did not join our company, we so appreciate you taking your time to share your experience of your interview with us. We wish you all the best.