Intuitive Surgical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager HTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical in December 2017.

Interview

This is the best interview experience I have ever had. Intuitive Surgical does their best to work in everyone that you will be working with in a single day. The interviewers were open-minded, enthusiastic, and clearly dedicated to the company and its products. It was clear from my interactions with the interviewers Intuitive Surgical has a great company culture.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember specifically but the interviewers are interested in understanding the vision you have for the position, how you resolve internal and external issues, and the nature of your successes.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Wow, what a positive review on us! Thank you! We're so happy you have joined our great company and we look forward to you thriving here! Thank you again.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical.

Interview

It was a phone Interview with would be managers. I got the call 3 days after I applied, which I think was pretty fast for a company this big. The questions were very specific and detailed.

Service Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with my potential manager and then a group interview with the same potential manager and a few others in the group.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 9, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate your time in writing this review. We are happy that you had a positive experience and that you have joined us. We wish you all the best in your growth and development here at ISI.

Manager, Trade Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Every aspect of the interview process was 1st class. HR was VERY proactive with scheduling qualified candidates. Communication was superb and the quality of the individuals involved left me with a greater sense of excitement. In the end, I was out-qualified, but thankful for the experience.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Even though you did not join our company, we so appreciate you taking your time to share your experience of your interview with us. We wish you all the best.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager and webex/face-to-face interviews with various team members and senior leadership. Everyone involved in the interview process is very professional and passionate about what they are doing. The whole interview process went smoothly and was well communicated.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience, and also help both sides understand how I might fit culturally   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2018 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for this review and Happy New Year to you! We are so happy that you enjoyed your interview experience with us and that you have joined our company.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience so far. Surprised that they got me involved while they had no clear idea about the position they were trying to fill (they changed the title after the process). One day after receiving the hiring manager call (to make sure I am still interested in the position), HR calls it an end!

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we strive to learn from each and every candidates experience with us and we are all about continuous improvement. We are a dynamic company, and... More

NPI Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied at the end of Sept, received a phone call by Mid October. Relatively quick phone call about background of the role and my background. Discussed some of the DfM task that I've done. Talked about how the role will be supporting robotics & mechanical mechanism product.

Although the phone interview was cut short, I was invited onsite to visit their floor and have a design question right on the fly. I doubt I got the job since I wasn't performing my best and I don't have a lot of mechanism design background.

Interview Questions

• I have an assembly that rotates a moment arm. The assembly is fixed while the moment arm is in a controlled rotation by the electronic assem. How do I devise a test fixture that measures the brake force of the rotating assembly when there is an applied force. How do I devise a test fixture that measures Frictional force of the rotating arm assembly?   Answer Question
    • What sort of fixtures have you designed in the past?   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We appreciate you taking the time to review your onsite interview with us and we thank you for your interest in our company.

Navigation Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Davis, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I introduced myself about my previous projects and some courses work. And was asked some very basic questions about mechanical and computer engineering. We talked about a ongoing project in the team and what kind of candidate the team is look for.

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for speaking with us about an internship position from Davis. We are happy to hear that you were able to speak to your coursework and projects and overall it was a positive experience. We... More

Assembly Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

At first it was LEGO test and basic eanglish comprehensive test It was easy just “tell me about yourself ” and being asked questions about company, talking about previous experience in assembly or manufacturing experience. A

Interview Questions

Intuitive Surgical Response

Nov 22, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

Thank you for your review! We are happy you had a positive experience with us and that you have joined our amazing Manufacturing Team! Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving!

Senior Director, Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuitive Surgical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

After my first phone interview with the recruiter, the process moved along very quickly. I was asked to come on site to begin my face to face interviews the following day. I ended up visiting the facility three times and meeting with 16 people. I was very impressed that I was always kept up to date on my status versus other candidates and the next steps in the process. The entire process from phone interview to offer letter took only 30 days to complete which I believe is great for a company this size.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest disappointment in your career and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Dec 13, 2017 – Director, Executive Recuitment, Diversity & Inclusion

We so appreciate this positive review of your interview experience with us! Normally we would not have included so many interviewers, however, because this Sr. Director will be working with many key... More